Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yay, dazzling (and yet disaheartening) FS. Wonderful Mao!!!
    No matter what the final result is, that was one of the most moving skates ever..

vCash
    Stunning! Mao brought me to tears!

vCash
    That 3A looked suspiciously downgradeable, but otherwise what an uplifting performance from Mao! That footwork sequence may be the most difficult one we'll see in the ladies' competition. And when she choked up as soon as she was finished, you can see what it meant to Mao - all the struggles, the loss of her mother, the build-up, the tension, and finally a FP to be proud of when she had so unfortunately melted down yesterday.

Nearly 200 seems very high to me and I don't think many will be able to match it...hmmm...could Mao sneak onto the podium? That would be the most epic comeback of all time if she could!

vCash
    it was brilliant and yes that's a great score under the circunstamces but she was marvelous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    That 3A looked suspiciously downgradeable, but otherwise what an uplifting performance from Mao! That footwork sequence may be the most difficult one we'll see in the ladies' competition. And when she choked up as soon as she was finished, you can see what it meant to Mao - all the struggles, the loss of her mother, the build-up, the tension, and finally a FP to be proud of when she had so unfortunately melted down yesterday.

Nearly 200 seems very high to me and I don't think many will be able to match it...hmmm...could Mao sneak onto the podium? That would be the most epic comeback of all time if she could!
    Mao's 3A got full credit plus +.43 GOE

She got downgraded on her 3l of the 3F/3l combo. And the 3T of the 2A/3T combo. However, she only got one negative GOE, the 3L for the inside edge take-off. -.6 I hope she can pull a Denis Ten and get a medal. Regardless, I am so so so proud of her and pleased for her fighting comeback!

vCash
    Yes! That was amazing!

vCash
    I want to cry. JESUS!!! What a fighter

vCash
    Ridiculous that Lipnitskaya got higher PCS than Mao. This is an outrage!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
    Ridiculous that Lipnitskaya got higher PCS than Mao. This is an outrage!
    Do you expect anything else with how the scoring has been going? I need to look at the protocols to attempt to figure this out...
    Julia skated through her music today that was not a good performance and she knew it, but after her scores in team comp the sky was the limit.

If you go through the ladies scored they are giving pcs to match short program placement

vCash
    I haven't seen her skate and I'm not sure whether NBC will show it tonight since she is not in the last group so my question is - did she attempt the 8 triples? Someone posted that 2 of them got downgraded, which is unfortunate. If anything at all I wish she would still be in the guiness boodk record for attempting 8 triple jumps in an Olympic program. Regardless I'm so happy that she had a wonderful skate.... so bittersweet.

vCash
    PCS are simply being used as placeholders. Sotnikova is NOT 5 points better in PCS than Mao, and Julia gettiung higher than Mao in PCS is a JOKE. People getting all cray over the supposed ice dancing manipluation, where are they NOW?? This is the outrage here!

vCash
    Oh Mao... Only if you had the same SP skate from Vancouver and the same LP here... Sotnikova getting higher PCS than you is a joke. This is the Olympics... Not the national championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Oh Mao... Only if you had the same SP skate from Vancouver and the same LP here... Sotnikova getting higher PCS than you is a joke. This is the Olympics... Not the national championships.
    Apparently the directive from Isu was to make it rain magical pcs

Scoring in these Olympics has been disgusting, agenda in many cases is obvious...so sad

vCash
    And now my heart, I saved the very best for last, Mao. *insert heart emoticon*

Her FS at this Olympics will go down as one of the greatest e-v-e-r imho. I was crying in the very same way I cried when Zhenya skated his FS in the Team Competition. Words simply cannot describe it. I'll only say that I sincerely hope she does not retire yet, she's only 23 yrs. old! Her performance proved she has A LOT more to give. But it's up to her. I'll be behind her in whatever she decides to do.

BANZAI, BANZAI, BANZAI

vCash
    Mao skated an unbelievable program. I'm so happy for her!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Manaud;4180655]Do you expect anything else with how the scoring has been going? I need to look at the protocols to attempt to figure this out...
    Julia skated through her music today that was not a good performance and she knew it, but after her scores in team comp the sky was the limit.

If you go through the ladies scored they are giving pcs to match short program placement[/QUOTE

julia can beat anybody including mao with a perfect performance but she was under huge pressure unlike adelina. mao was great indeed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    PCS are simply being used as placeholders.
    I completely agree with this. I highly doubt the judges could individually explain PCs for a single skater, nevermind those in relation to another if put on the spot. The judging system is awful, the second mark allows for much easier -and cleaner looking on the surface - robberies than the old one which was also terrible.

Sotnikova a full 5 points over Mao Asada? The gigantic leaps forward her scoring made in a few scant weeks? There needs to be some level of accountability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooke View Post
    Stunning! Mao brought me to tears!
    This^

vCash
    In my opinion her performance today was the greatest Olympic ladies long program of all-time. The best performance she has ever given, she was just spectacular! I am in awe of how she pulled it together, what a champion.

vCash
    She was spectacular. Her tears at the end made me cry too because it was bittersweet. She must know that if she had skated a little bit better in the short, she would probably have been Olympic champion with that beautiful long program. SO proud of her to come back and skate that program so well. I just love her.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast