Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

vCash
    Aww, so adorable! There is nothing like a toy poodle to bring a smile to your face. With three of them, Mao has a lot of joy in her life! I have shown many people the vid from years ago of Mao skating to Somewhere Over the Rainbow with Aero (and Mai at the edge of the rink).

vCash
    This video is from TV Tokyo's recorded coverage of JSOI. It is the talk show in which Mao, Akiko, and Kanako enjoy chatting at dinner table in Sapporo where they skated in Superstars on Ice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5kX1JW7J4M

(my rough translation)

0:15
    Mao: I've seen Akko-chan(=Akiko's nickname) skating since I was little. I've known Kanako-chan since she came to rinks with randoseru on her back.(my note: Japanese elementary school students use this specific school bag called "randoseru" from Duch word 'ransel'.) We've been very good friends and we're enjoying ourselves having good time.

1:10
    Mao: Feeling you are great to have made your decision.
    Akiko: Decision to retire?
    Mai: Can hesitate like "I could do more."
    Akiko: To continue or not continue one has to be determined and brave.

1:40
    Akiko: We haven't come to restaurants together recently. Happy today.
    Mao: After finishing Olympics we've been doing our own things separately. Well, guess what we'll have first.
    Kanako: Salad?
    Akiko: A la carte in French course?
    Mao: Something like Otsumami? (my note: 'otsumami' is is a Japanese term referring to food eaten as an accompaniment to alcohol, usually applies to smaller dishes)
    TV crew: Amuse-bouche.
    Akiko: Amuse-bouche.
    Mao: Oh, yeah, it's not otsumami. hahaha Amuse-bouche.

2:20
    Mao: Wow.
    Kanako: Fluffy!
    Mao: How fluffy! Did he say tomato is on the bottom?
    Kanako: He said so, didn't you hear him? lol
    Mao: Oh, year?
    Akiko: Something crunchy is in it.
    Mao: Guess what. Is it lotus roots?
    Kanako: Definitely not.

Akiko: We don't have much free time even during off season, though. Do you have anything you'd love to do?
    Mao: Things I'd love to do?
    Akiko: Something you can do only in off season.
    Mao: I'd love to go on a travel without bringing skating boots with me.
    Akiko: We've been in somewhere very cold...
    Mao: Love to warm myself.
    Akiko: Yeah.
    Mao: I've stayed enough in cold places.
    Kanako: Somewhere sun is shining brightly. And staying in the shade...
    Mao: In the shade! Avoiding tanned. Well, then you go for what!?
    Kanako:
    Mao: OK, we can be tanned.
    Akiko: Since I've retired, I'm thinking about going on a trip to southern islands.
    Mao: I'd love to.
    Kanako: Sounds sooo nice.
    Akiko: Such as eating organic vegetables there.
    Mao & Kanako: Love to!
    Akiko: I've dreamed for so long but couldn't. So I'm going to do what I've dreamed of. Ah, this crunchy something must be celery.
    Kanako: I knew it is celery but I didn't say so and I've been waiting till you finish talking.
    Akiko: Sorry!
    Mao: It doesn't taste celery at all, does it?
    Kanako: It does! So I noticed!
    Mao: Really?
    Kanako:

Akiko: Do you have any skater whom you care in any meaning?
    Mao & Kanako: ...........
    Kanako: (Doing the opening pose of Machida's East of Eden.)
    Akiko: Machida-kun was wonderful in this season!
    Kanako: I was surprised to know it was his first skating in Worlds.
    Akiko: Same as me. Me also skated in Olympics before experiencing Worlds.
    Mao: Yeah.
    Akiko: He was really wonderful.
    Mao: Yuzuru-kun was wonderful, too.
    Akiko: Male skaters were really wonderful.
    Kanako: Can't believe he's as old as me.
    Akiko: You mean Yuzuru-kun?
    Mao: Ah, yes. Yuzu-kun is the same age as Kana. Me the same as Machey(=Machida's nick name). And you(to Akiko)
    Akiko: I'm the same age as Dai-chan(=Daisuke's nickname).
    Kanako: (to Mao)You're the same age as Machey!?
    Mao:Yeah.
    Kanako: hehehe
    Mao: Eh? What do you mean?
    Akiko: (to Mao) You're experienced skater... Maybe you don't remember how many times you skated in Worlds?
    Mao: Well, I don't.

All: (Seeing the dish.) Beautiful.
    Mao: Awww.
    Akiko: How do you like it?
    Mao: Delllisciousss. How fluffy this fish is!
    Kanako: Excuse me but may I slurp the soup inside of clam's shell?
    Mao: Go ahead.
    Kanako: Ahhh Sooo yummmy.
    Mao: I try the soup of clam too!
    Kanako: Go ahead! It's so yummy, isn't it?

...to be continued.

vCash
    ...following #362

6:20
    Akiko: Four years till Pyeongchang Olympics. Can you imagine what you'll be doing four years later?
    Kanako: If possible, I wish I'll be studying coaching.
    Akiko: I want to study choreographing. And also, considering my age, I wish I'll be married till then.
    Kanako: I'll participate in your wedding.
    Akiko: Yes, please!
    Kanako: I'll appear in your wedding in the Olympic costume!
    Akiko: So do I! My Olympic costume was white so it'll be OK.
    Kanako: It must be OK. But I think Kana and Mao's costumes will attract more attention because of the colors.
    Akiko: You don't have any idea about yourself in four years, Mao?

7:30
    Akiko: Four years till Pyeongchang Olympics. Can you imagine what you'll be doing four years later?
    Mao: I don't have any idea at all.

8:20
    Akiko: You don't have any idea about yourself in four years, Mao?
    Mao: I don't have any idea at all. What will I be doing?
    Akiko: I think there are people across this country, or all over the world, who are wondering what you're going to do from now. I don't want you to hurry, though. Me think you'd be better take enough time before you decide. Maybe you say you want her to continue, Kanako?
    Kanako: Yes.
    Mao: One more year, Kana-chan.Try your best since you made up your mind to continue.
    Kanako: Thank you. hehehe
    Mao: You're still young. More to achieve from now.
    Kanako: Well...
    Mao: (to Akiko) Feeling you are great to have made your decision.
    Akiko: Decision to retire?
    Mao: One has to be brave enough to make a decision.
    Akiko: So true. Need to be brave.
    Mao: I want to know you also hesitated thinking such as "I might be able to do more".
    Akiko: I gradually understood (whether I can do more or not). But even so, I was frightened making a decision at first. I've been doing my best to skate in competitions. So, I was not sure whether I'll be able to find something to do my best for after my retirement. I think that basically we love doing our bests even though it's very tough to do so. We feel "I'm alive!" when we're doing our bests. If you don't have competitions any more and don't work hard for them....
    Mao: How will it go?
    Kanako: I don't have any idea either.
    Akiko: Well, one might wonder such as "What am I practicing for?" But, as for me, my environment was gradually well prepared and it encouraged me a lot. I became excited for my future instead of frightened. I didn't want to be regretful so I tried to prepare for my retirement. Although my results in Worlds was not so good, I felt relieved and "OK, it's finished and the next life is starting!" It was not the end but it was a start.
    Kanako: So cooool.
    Mao: Wonderful.
    Kanako: Sooo cooool!
    Mao & Kanako: (Clapping)
    Akiko: Not so cool. hehe Feelings were more important than the results.
    Kanako: Ah, yeah.
    Akiko: That's what I wanted to tell both of you. Do what you do, don't be regretful. If you have a bit of feelings such as "I can do more," ........
    Mao: Hmmmm....
    Akiko: I understand it'll be so tough if you continue...
    Mao: Well, when I continue....
    Akiko: To continue or not continue one has to be determined and brave. So, take your time...
    Mao: Uh‐huh... It was nice to hear you today.
    Akiko: I believe people around the world will support you even if you decide whatever.
    Mao: Uh‐huh...
    Akiko: (to the camera) Please be patient, don't hurry her up, everyone.
    Mao: hahaha
    Akiko: Please be supportive.

11:40
    Akiko: Do you have any dreams aside from figure skating?
    Kanako: I don't have any idea since figure skating has been everything for me.
    Akiko: Since we're girls, we dream of marriage.
    Kanako: Ahhhh.
    Mao: That's right.
    Akiko: Eventually...
    Kanako: Wish I get married and give birth to babies, and build a happy family.
    Akiko: Yeah. Let's get together with our own kids.
    Kanako: Yes, let's!
    Mao: Want to skate together.
    Kanako: Oda-kun's kids must be grown up till then, so they'll take care of our kids. And we'll be able to enjoy ourselves as usual.
    Akiko: Let's live happy lives definitely since we've done enough working so hard.
    Kanako: So true.
    Mao: Yes, let's definitely.

(End)

I enjoyed this talk show so much. They looked in good relationships, well balanced age differences, supportive to each other. Loved Kanako's pop character. Nice to hear Akiko's talk about the process of her retirement. Nice to see Akiko encourages Mao, Mao encourages Kanako, and Kanako made Akiko & Mao laugh naturally.
    Last edited by rosewood; 05-02-2014 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    Thanks rosewood for doing this long translation. Their conversation was interesting and funny to read, they seem to enjoy each others company alot, and they also seem to understand each others circumstances well, there were many times when I felt they didn't have to explain everything in details because they knew the other one would understand what they meant without further explanations.
    I hope there will be more news regarding Mao soon, I also am very interested in knowing whether Sato is capable and willing to continue as Mao's coach if she decides to continue.

vCash
    ^I saw two interviews on TV. He said last month that he has to think before he decides. In the earlier interview he said he was willing to continue. Since he's aged, it's understandable that he hesitates. BTW I read an article that Raphael said Mao is welcome to work with him if Mao wants. The source of the interview is kinda Japanese gossip magazine, so I don't think the interview is very much reliable, though.http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/artic...0004-jisin-ent

Mai started tweeting recently. She sometimes post about Mao. May 11th was Mother's Day in Japan. She posted a memorable photo with Kyoko and Mao.
    今日は母の日。
    お母さんに感謝を伝える日✨
    ☺︎お母さん、ありがとう☺
    とびっきり、とびっきり、ありがとう☺︎
    pic.twitter.com/xuXaVrCqkk
    (my rough translation)
    Today is Mother's Day.
    The day to say thank you to mom.
    Mom, thank you.
    So much, so much, thank you.

Chukyo TV announced that they'll announce additional cast on The Ice next week. They used to add skaters a few times before the show starts till last year. So I think they'll do the same way this year too.

ETA:
    One more news. According to the tweets by Chukyo Univ students Mao goes to school every day these days. Sometimes she's in classroom alone and sometimes with Kanako. Happy to know she as well as Kanako is enjoying ordinal life as a Univ student.

To Spun Silver
    Click on Mai's photo and go to the top page of her tweet. You'll see so adorable three toy poodles! Ah, I forgot to ask you to say hello for me to your Daisuke on my last post.
    Last edited by rosewood; 05-12-2014 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    nm - dupe

vCash
    To Spun Silver
    Click on Mai's photo and go to the top page of her tweet. You'll see so adorable three toy poodles! Ah, I forgot to ask you to say hello for me to your Daisuke on my last post.
    Done and done! Cuteness attack! (Btw, I love Japanese poodle grooming!)
    Dai Jr is sleeping next to me, so no reply.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for the translations, rosewood. I know that took some time, and it's appreciated.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    What are Mao's plans for the future? I hope she won't stop skating in competitions. She is still young and has a lot of to offer for sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossig View Post
    What are Mao's plans for the future? I hope she won't stop skating in competitions. She is still young and has a lot of to offer for sport.
    She has been quoted as stating that she hasn't made a decision yet. In one interview, she said '50/50' chance of staying/retiring. It looks like she has full Summer show schedule and someone else in this thread mentioned she is committing to school. IMO, she could either retire or at least take this next season off

vCash
    This interview was aired on April 20th in Japan. Mr. Sato dropped tears when he said "Good for her" watching the video of Mao's long program in Sochi. He also said he has to think before he decides whether he continues working with her or not. He talked about his life and his students including Mao, Fumie, Yukari, and Kozuka talked about him a bit. I may translate this video but sorry I can't promise. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzAyMDU2MzQ4.html

ETA:
    One of the preview shows for The Ice. It includes playbacks of pair programs, Mao & Mai and Mao & Kozuka, and interview with Mao, Mai and Kozuka. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qnl-7CyqrI
    Last edited by rosewood; 05-14-2014 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    On 'Nikkei Entertainment' June issue(one of the most reliable monthly magazines which has various researches on stars in Japan) Mao placed top in the overall marketable stars ranking(including all singers, actors/actress, sports stars etc). http://ec.nikkeibp.co.jp/item/backno/EN1207.html

1 Mao Asada
    2 Arashi(one of the most popular idol groups in Japan)
    3 Yuzuru Hanyu
    4 Hiroshi Abe (actor)
    5 Masaharu Fukuyama(actor and a singer whose number was used for the Japanese skaters' group number in JSOI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v17-DPSSRxk)
    6 Masato Sakai(actor)
    7 Haruka Ayase(actress)
    8 Sho Sakurai(he's a member of Arashi, ranked No.2)
    9 Ichiro(pro baseball player)
    10 Matsuko Deluxe(columnist, essayist, and TV personality)

vCash

Mao takes one season break; Press conference today.

I'm double posting this for record from her thread in GSD.

Nikkan Sports article published on May 19th
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...5-nksports-spo

(my rough translation-sorry for my bad English)
    On May 18th it was revealed that Mao Asada(23, Chukyo University) has a plan to take one season break.

She's been considering her future since she won her third title at figure skating World Championships, while she's skated in ice shows. Eyes were on her decision on her future plan since finishing the season which she wished to be the culmination of her career. It's supposed that on May 19th she'll announce her own statement when she appears in the press conference for The Ice.

She'll refresh her mind and body in the next season which starts on July 1st.

After winning her third Worlds title and taking back her position as Queen she mentioned "My body says OK, while the last one I have to hear the answer from is my mind." It seems that she's been considering her future skating in ice shows but two months were not enough to make a decision. She continues to listen to her mind till it tells a clear answer, "retire" or "continue".

vCash
    Patrick Chan and Mae Berenice Meite are added to the cast. Also as up and coming skater Sota Yamamoto(july 23rd), Rika Hongo(July 24th), and Shoma Uno(July 25th) are invited to Nagoya shows.I assume a coupe of skaters may be added later.
    http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast/index.html

Mae as a successor of ladies 3A jumper?

ETA
    I just saw her on TV stating that she'll take one season off. I'll post the translation of articles related to today's press conference later.

vCash
    Re-posting from the Asada news thread since the following is more appropriate to this thread :
    Quote Originally Posted by bebecebubu View Post
    rosewood thanks again for your effort to translate, it must be nice to know Japanese so u can instantly understand what moa said.

yeah from interview and so many clip of mao, i get a feeling that she down to earth kind of people, especially when she appear wearing simple make up or clothe not even bother to doll up her appearance kekeke such a tomboy

" Actually some of public people said something like that recently"

can u give more elaborate story please, like who are they, are there any indication that mao might be want to be celebrity.

what are your favorite mao tv program?
    cause so may of her video got deleted from youtube arggggakjdf espessially the variety show and almost none of them got subbed akdjkjior
    if u guys got or know any mao video please share

one of may favorit is when team japan doing some weird ping pong game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkDI...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynq5y...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co7om...layer_embedded

even tho they dont have sub this awesome blogger translate everything in the video
    http://kuuchuu-sampo.blogspot.com/20...1-english.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    To bebecebubu
    Welcome to the Mao cheer thread! Feel free to chat about her here.
    As for becoming a singer/actress etc, I don't remember the exact words but some people jokingly commented that they don't wish her to get into gossipy showbiz world(aside from ice shows, maybe). I understand them. Basically Mao is respected and loved as an athlete. Her dream to be a coach looks 'very Mao' for me.

As for videos, TV rights are strictly protected in Japan. So fans usually put their videos on youtube for a couple of days and take them down by themselves before TV stations find their vids. I think some interesting videos are still surviving on dailymotion and youku(Chinese video site:http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_%...9C%9F%E5%A4%AE) Also Japanese fans put their videos on niconicovideo, you need an account there, though.

vCash
    yeah thanks everybody hope we will have lovely convo here

bout the video the dailymotion have some great mao video, but their search engine is a bit rubbish alajsdfdjsaj
    so usually i depans on a direct link that everybody post

the niconicovideo is nice already make account there lots of mao old perform ens essentially the one with britis eurosport commentator y
    love this two commentator y among the other

vCash
    Kenji Miyamoto appeared on a TV talk show recently. It was hilarious to hear him telling jokes. So I translate a video from the talk show today. I have to mention at first that Mao DOESN'T appear on this show. Akiko Suzuki, Takeshi Honda and Mao's animation appeared, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DUpdGdqL_c

0:12
    (Showing a clip in which Miyamoto is choreographing with Daisuke)
    Narration: What type of the skaters does Kenji Miyamoto who is one of the best choreographers in Japan feel unsettled the most to work with?
    Miyamoto: The answer is the skaters who are capable of memorize choreography in a VERY short time.
    All: Ehhhhh
    MC1: It sounds rather nice than unsettled since you can save time. Why?
    Miyamono: Yes, you're right in a sense. But I get on the ice and watch the skater, and then rough ideas come to me. The rough ideas lead me to the concrete choreography...
    MC1: So you don't have the finished choreograph when you get on the ice.
    Miyamoto: You're right, I don't have any concrete plan at first. I usually choreograph little by little. It's my working style. Imagine, if the skater copies my moves immediately and watch me with shining eyes thinking what I'll show next... I feel unsettled. And I ask him/her to go away for a while.
    All:
    Akiko: Yes, yes, I heard you say so often.
    MC2: Who is the skater with whom you feel unsettled the most?
    Miyamoto: The skater who I felt unsettled the most was Asada Mao-chan.
    The crowd: Ah, she's so quick to copy your move.
    Miyamoto: Even though I haven't finished the choreography, she immediately copy my moves in 0.5 seconds following me. I was still in the process! So I had to say "I'm sorry but please stay away from me for a while."
    All:
    MC1: You were still in the process.
    Miyamoto: I was still in the process.
    MC1: Ah, I got you.

One more video which was aired recently. It seems this interview was done on the same day as the press conference was held. She doesn't say anything special. She repeated the same answers which she said in other interviews. The point is the interviewer is a famous former pro-baseball player named Kawato. He has tough-looking. His words sound sort of overbearing. Mao is soft-talking as usual and see straight into his eyes. She doesn't change her words even though Kawato tries to foist his opinion on her. It's kind of telling Mao's personality, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rmN3k4oXaE
    Last edited by rosewood; 05-28-2014 at 05:40 AM.

vCash
    Christopher Caluza posted this video which is dedicated to Mao yesterday. He must be inspired by Mao's step seq in Nocturne. IIRC he posted a few other videos which was dedicated to her in the past too. Good Job, Christopher! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HiwO4WSis

For note:
    Mao is skating in Denis Ten's show now. Videos/Photos are posted on 'Denis Ten & Friends' thread in GSD. http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...en-amp-Friends

I posted some translations of her interview related to her announcement of taking one year off on 'Mao Asada will not compete in 2014-15 season' thread in GSD. http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...2014-15-season

vCash
    Wonderful tribute by Caluza! He does a nice job with her steps! This reminds me of Armin Mahbanoozadeh's Youtube tributes to Mao where he played all her music on the piano. I always wondered if they met (or dated). I guess the geography would be hard, but she sure has some great admirers.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast