View Poll Results: Which male skater (singles) would you Like to see win OGM in 2014?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chan

70 25.83%
  • Takahashi

85 31.37%
  • Fernandez

25 9.23%
  • Hanyu

15 5.54%
  • Plushenko

13 4.80%
  • Ten

15 5.54%
  • Kozuka

13 4.80%
  • Reynolds

2 0.74%
  • Abbott

23 8.49%
  • Other

10 3.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Pipe dream podium would be any order of Kevin Reynolds, Denis Ten, and Adam Rippon. Realistically, I would love to see Ten win, as I absolutely love his skating and those sky high triple axels blow me away.

vCash
    I would love the following podium:
    1. Takahashi - Because, as someone said above, he is sublime.
    2. Abbott - To finally fulfill his potential on the big stage.
    3. Chan - Because he is too good not to medal. BUT I want him low enough on the podium to deflate his ego a little. Humble pie will be good for his future well-being. :}

vCash
    At this time Plushenko winning a gold or even silver is a pipe dream, but I will dream anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post

He is overrated in the real life
    As far as I know Olympics are a real competition, so Plushenko could have a chance to medal, if health allows him.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott, and Kevin Van Der Perren, just to sit back and watch the carnage on the board .

vCash
    I love too many men to root fully for Plushenko, but I hope he captains the Russian team to a bronze medal (or silver, but he doesn't have an Olympic bronze yet, and I like complete sets)

vCash
    1. Super Javi!!!
    2. Daisuke!
    3. Denis Ten, Patrick Chan (fair judging), or Max Aaron

I want Fernandez to win gold. Daisuke had his chance and did fairly well last Olympic games. However, I wouldn't mind seeing him move up a rank and take silver going into retirement. Patrick Chan or Max Aaron for 3rd. No other comment there.

vCash
    Not Chan,other than that,I don't know.

vCash
    Such an amazing field of men. So much talent out there. We're lucky we get to see it all.

When I see, especially in person, the likes of Dai and Patrick, and when they're on the top of their game, I think I could just sit in the stands for hours watching their sublime skating.

I think a few of you voted for who you think will win, rather than who do you want to win.

Although I could have gone many ways in this poll, I cast my vote for Jeremy. A little bt of nationalism. Plus I tend to root for the underdog

having a nice day
    vCash
    I would LIKE to see Brian Joubert win the gold medal :-)
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    I voted for Dennis Ten. Can only imagine what that might mean to his home country
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Plushy, of course, but if he can't, Aaron.

If only for the explosion of angst all over the internet...

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I would love for Daisuke to win, but if he cannot, I would be happy with Javier winning gold and Daisuke getting the silver. I imagine Daisuke would be pleased with that too; I doubt that he's seriously expecting to win. Patrick will be on the podium somewhere unless he breaks his leg or something similar, while sadly I cannot really see Jeremy overcoming his anxiety to the extent that he skates clean or makes only a minor mistake or two. He seems a highly strung sort of man, and I don't like the way the phrase "being mentally tough" is thrown around as if you can control your nervousness if only you try. Some people are naturally more uneasy and tense than others, and it may be that all the psychological work a skater does cannot change his or her approach to competing before an audience.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Anyone but Chan unless he actually deserves it for a change. If he gets the Gold medal with a performance like at Worlds then stick a fork in figure skating it's done for good.

vCash
    What I would LIKE is that the truly best SKATES/performances, win Olympic medals. I would like for this to NOT confuse the general public - and thus risk further turning off casual fans from having ANY interest the sport. Olympic medals awarded to confusingly poor performances would only further erode credibility.

vCash
    I have like... no idea
    No, really, I'd need multiple gold, silver and bronze medals to have everyone rewarded who I'd like to reward. Daiskue needs no explanation, he's absolutly breathtaking and it would be such a great end to his great career. While I'm not exactly a Patrick fan I still like him enough to want him on that podium - he's got the talent, and he's been the dominating skater this last quad with such high expactions on him, how awful would it be to be loosing out exactly at the most important event? Javier is like my european homeboy, he's so charming and his 4S in the second half of the FS always amazes me. Yuzuru is still so young - he'd be one of the youngest winners ever, I think. Plus, I love him. Taka needs to kick some jugdes a** for always being underscored and make some funny faces at them from the top of the podium. And of course Plush - he could bring the house down like nobody else in russia, and a happy crowd is always great to see! (Plus, he and Daisuke were robbed in 2010 me thinks, so...)

And that's not even everyone, there are still others like Nobu, Jeremy, Jason, Brian...

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    This is the podium I'd like to see:

1. Chan
    2. Takahashi
    3. Kozuka or Ten
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    I voted for Ten because how awesome would it be for Kazakhstan to win a gold medal in figure skating?
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    The funny thing is Chan is 2nd highest on this poll, yet if there was another poll who people would least like to see win he would probably be 1st or 2nd on that poll too. I voted for Fernandez, but I would have voted for Abbott if it were halfway realistic.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Haven't voted yet. Probably Javi or D10 for the win because they are likable. If I was guaranteed a clean Chan, then he would get my vote.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast