Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Amelie Lacoste training with krall

I heard this yesterday from a very reliable source that Amelie Lacoste is now training with Christy Krall.

vCash
    Good for her. Her new programs are great ... just need more solid jumps.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Awesome.com!

vCash
    i hope it works. I think that Lacoste has the same syndrome as Agnes though. Monster jumps that she hasnt been able to harness consistently in competition. Krall is respected for her ability to teach technique however her inconsistent competitors seem to still struggle.

vCash
    Is Krall opening a headcase camp? She got both LaCoste and Zawadski, hope she's boned up on her sports psychiatry.

Didn't LaCoste date Chan? She may have been influenced by all the great work Krall did with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Is Krall opening a headcase camp? She got both LaCoste and Zawadski, hope she's boned up on her sports psychiatry.

Didn't LaCoste date Chan? She may have been influenced by all the great work Krall did with him.
    She is/was dating Mervin Tran, the pairs skater.

vCash
    Doh! My bad, I guess I just remembered she was dating a handsome Asian-Canadian skater

vCash
    Amélie Lacoste's CAN National Team profile currently lists no coach: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/ta...&strlanguage=E

Liam Firus' CAN National Team profile now lists Christy Krall along with his longtime coach, Lorna Bauer: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/ta...&strlanguage=E
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    She should have done this years ago, when there was still the possibility of learning new technique. At nearly 25, Amelie won't be able to change ingrained habits in just a few months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    She should have done this years ago, when there was still the possibility of learning new technique. At nearly 25, Amelie won't be able to change ingrained habits in just a few months.
    No, but she may be able to gain some confidence and skate better in competition.

vCash
    I had no idea about her age, but still a good move, rather than just continuing with the status quo. But like others, maybe shouldn't have waited so long and let things get throughly ingrained.

vCash
    I'll be rooting for her to make the Olympic Team along with Miss Osmond; it would be nice to see her end her career (if that's what she's planning to do) with an Olympic Team Gold Medal.

I have a soft spot for the underdogs, always have.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I disagree, muscle memory can change in just a few months assuming good training, visualizations etc., Assuming she buys into the new approach and practices it is possible.
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Fingers crossed for her!!! I like her graceful style on the ice, hope she can get the jumps together!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Live in Guardian Angel
    vCash
    What a great news!!!

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    What great late news. Wish I'd heard it years ago. Still, I'll be as happy as anyone if it helps and she puts out some sparkling clean performances when it counts. Of course I doubt I'll be as happy as Amelie herself will be. Good luck to her!
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I hope Krall helps her with jumps, because like many of the Quebec-trained women, she has beautiful edges, rhythmic knees, and a lot of speed for which she gets little credit in PCS without the corresponding jumps landed.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 09-24-2013 at 02:14 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Great news for Amelie! Watching her new programs I too like others thought she needed a coaching change. I always loved her speed and musicality. Let's hope she makes the Olympic team now!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Amélie Lacoste's CAN National Team profile currently lists no coach: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/ta...&strlanguage=E

Liam Firus' CAN National Team profile now lists Christy Krall along with his longtime coach, Lorna Bauer: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/ta...&strlanguage=E
    Liam has very nice skating skills. too. I hope Krall can help them both solidify their jumps (quads for Liam). It's not too late for Liam. Krall helped Chan in acquiring his quads. Go Lacoste, go Liam!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Liam has very nice skating skills. too.
    Among current and recent skaters, second only to Chan, IMO.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast