Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash

Ashley Wagner named the face of Cover Girl

Great news for Miss Wagner.

Loving the big 80s hair. However, I can't decide if Ashley is channelling Lisa Hartman or Linda Evans

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Congrats Ashley! I am not loving the pic in the article, hardly easy breezy beautiful CG, but hopefully the finished product looks better.

On R&J hair:
    "I'm putting my hair up into this bohemian braid—It's actually kind of cool, I learned it from a YouTube video—It requires a lot of hairspray and prayer. I do two French braids and then tie the ends in knots and knots and knots and fold it under and pin it in."
    I would love to learn how to do my hair like that. I had no idea Ashley did it herself!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Congrats to Ashley!!

I can't believe we have to wait until closer to the Olympics to see these ads start showing up .

As of now, I'm beyond over having to endure the overexposure of Pink in print and TV ads for CG -- while she hasn't been beaten with an ugly stick by any means, she's not what I would consider to be an exceptionally pretty or attractive woman, especially when she's supposed to be the face (or one of the faces) of a major cosmetics firm. Yeah, I know -- rocker chick that's supposed to embody being cool, blahblahblahEdgyFemalecakes, but whatever -- I've never found her to be appealing in any way, so the sooner Pink's ads are replaced in the media, the better IMO.

As for resembling a celebrity, I see Ashley as looking much more like Lee Remick than Lisa Hartman or Linda Evans...

ETA: If you click on the link, go to the images page for countless photos of Lee Remick as a young .

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I found this video about how to do an Ashley R&J/Gracie braid. It would take me hours to get this right, I am sure. Kudos to Ashley and Gracie if they do this themselves. This feat of patience and hand/eye coordination alone should earn them a trip to Sochi.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Congrats to Wagner on getting this deal! She looks smouldering in that photo.

vCash
    Congrats to Ashley and Gracie! I always thought they both did look like Covergirls.

vCash
    Here's another article with a neat picture of Ashley doing a photoshoot:
    http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...er-girl-model/

She's not listed as a Covergirl on their website yet though. Hope she gets to be a 'real' one.

vCash
    Very cool! Good for Ashley. I have never been able to do my hair in anything more than the simplest braid, so I'm jealous of her styling ability.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Ashley is almost unrecognizable in that top picture!! Good for her, though, to get this endorsement. She's been paying for her own skating the last few years (no longer supported by her parents), so I'm happy she's getting some income opportunities due to her success. She's worked hard for this.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

She's not listed as a Covergirl on their website yet though. Hope she gets to be a 'real' one.
    Oh yeah, putting her in the same category of celebrity as Katy Perry! That rocks. I knew she had what it takes!

Go Ashley!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I would love to learn how to do my hair like that. I had no idea Ashley did it herself!
    I wish my hair would do things like that. It'd just laugh at me if I tried. Anyway, congratulations to her on the new gig!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Congratulations to Ashley! She looks gorgeous in that photo and I love her hair!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

Now THAT'S a picture, wow! Beautiful, Ashley!

from Speedy Death

Quadless
    vCash
    What a great opportunity for Ashley.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Glad for Ashley, but I find the photo creepy and plastic-looking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Creepy...

She looks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    The photo is a picture of her having her picture taken. The lighting is likely for the picture that the photographer in the photo is taking, so she isn't well lit for this picture.

I'm gonna have to see the Cover Girl photos before I decide if she looks creepy or not. Ashley has interesting eyes, so to me, they really make the difference in how she looks, and the picture of a picture makes her eyes look really small. Hopefully the actual photo set they look good.

vCash
    Not fond of the first photo, but the second one below is gorgeous!

Yay for Ashley and Gracie

O-

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    I am pleased that Ashley has taken her skating and her career by the horns and has manifest so many opportunities for herself. Who would have thought that this was possible for her four years ago. If you can dream it, you can do it. I love that Ashley is beautiful yet normal looking. She makes a great Cover Girl.

vCash
    I'm sure the final pictures released to the public will be beautiful, but Ashley looks like a drag queen in the first link. In the second link she could pass for one of housewives of Beverly Hills.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast