Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    That's exactly my opinion of Jeff too. And the way his arrogance has been building and that crap about no one is going to take this away from my son ..... what the hell was that about?! He was just meh for me before, but after his comments the last two nights, I really dislike him more and more.
    Oh, the producers make them say stuff like that. They keep the interview going until they get some dramatic soundbite. I bet they don't even get that and then have to force people to basically say what they want. Earlier in the season Alex and Sierra said that they were new to serious performing, etc. and then the other night Alex said something like, "We've been FIGHTING all our lives for this!!!" That is so unlike him, he's such a chill dude. You just know they words fed to him by an antsy producer!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I like all 3 of the finalists. Jeff and Carlito are peaking at just the right time, IMO. And, Sierra has really come on strong in the last couple of weeks. I'd be fine with any of them winning.
    Carlito or Jeff probably need the win the most but I have a feeling it will be Alex/Sierra.
    I don't get the negative comments about Jeff at all. I don't see anything wrong with his looks nor his attitude. He wants to win, plain and simple. They all do. Good luck to them all.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

vCash
    Mine too.

vCash
    I guess no one wants to comment on the awfulness that was the X Factor finale. Capping the whole thing was half naked Paulina writhing & lip-syncing some awful song. Who will win? Who cares?

vCash
    I didn't watch the whole season but tuned in last night and tonight. I must say I thought the top 3 contestants were all much better than the top singers from The Voice. I guess I picked the wrong singing show to watch this fall. lol

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    I didn't watch the whole season but tuned in last night and tonight. I must say I thought the top 3 contestants were all much better than the top singers from The Voice. I guess I picked the wrong singing show to watch this fall. lol
    I gave up on The Voice when all the people I liked got eliminated. Plus I like how the X-Factor puts on a show with all the dancing, costumes, scenery, etc. Even when it's bad it's good.

I just finished watching Wednesday night's show and then the last few minutes of tonight's episode. It was pretty much a given about who'd take first place. Hope they get some kind of career unlike pretty much everybody from the first two seasons (I think only Rachel Crow has any sort of career?).

vCash
    That all-girl group, Sweet Escape (?) were terrible in the opening tonight. Like extremely off.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    A&S were the right winners. But what kind of market would they fit into? I think if someone works with Carlos he might have some success in the Latin market. The girls seems to like him. I loved it when he would sing in Spanish, and I don't even know Spanish. Kinda wish he would have finished second. I don't see anyone else really getting anything out of this. Not even Jeff. There's nothing special about his voice, his look, his image, his personality. He's just one of a million guys out there trying to get a music career that can sing a little better than most people.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I don't see anyone else really getting anything out of this.
    I think Restless Road could have some success. If not as a group then Colton Pack as a solo act. Ellona could be cast on Glee and might release an album. She'd be a great live act if she can get enough people with money to back her. Josh Levi is young enough that he might have success like Rachel Crow is having. Lillie deserves some kind of success but I fear we will never hear from her again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Lillie deserves some kind of success but I fear we will never hear from her again.
    Lillie can work the club circuit for a lot more money than she could have gotten before. She won't be rich, but she'll be able to get work when she wants it.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I guess it won't surprise anyone but after how bad the ratings were, X-Factor US is being 'rested' (read: cancelled) and Simon Cowell will be returning to the UK version this year.

vCash
    Of course they didn't blame the cancellation due to bad ratings. They said that since the show wouldn't be the same without Simon, they decide to not go on without him. I'm sure if the ratings were good, they wouldn't care if Simon was on the show or not, like Idol.
    Last edited by moebius; 02-11-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Since the show was cancelled, Simon is no longer interested in any of the acts except Alex and Sierra and he will focus on the UK version of the show. Also, label interest in Jeff Gutt, Restless Road and Elena Santiago seems to now be nil. Not sure which of those happened first though.

And now it appears that Colton Pack has left Restless Road. I believe that he is working with Luke Bryan's producer, which is BIG. Fan reaction on facebook seems largely negative to Pack leaving the group, but he always was a solo artist (as were the others). And if there's no longer any label interest in the group, why not do what you wanted in the first place?

vCash
    Restless Road was never a group anyway except in Simon's mind. I have no idea if any of them are good soloists because I can only remember them in the group but good luck to Colton.

vCash
    Cowell is not dragging his feet and Alex & Sierra are already working on their debut album. John Legend and Harry Styles (!!!) pitched them a song they've wrote together.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...g-john-3177994

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Whenever I've seen One Direction perform live on TV, Harry has always been the best singer of the group. Stronger, louder and with spot-on pitch. It won't surprise me at all if he ends up being the Robbie Williams of One Direction.

vCash
    I haven't watched any of that season and I'm just checking out Alex & Sierra now. And bloody hell... They are just so nauseating. It's like watching some kind of shitty valentine's day release romcom. *reaches for the bucket*

And she's so pitchy as well. Really dragging him down. Oh well, they're gonna break up in a couple of years max anyway.

It's very interesting how an act as mediocre as this has been successfully presented and packaged to convince everybody they are the next best thing. I can't see a future in the industry for them at all. Although who knows, if they get the right material, anything can happen.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-25-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234