Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if they hadnt sung for their lives, there would have been 10 minutes left at the end
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I like the singoff on X Factor but I don't really care about its intended purpose. I know a lot of times the person who is going will go regardless of how they do in the singoff- but it is one more performance of theirs on their way out the door that I can potentially download and listen to if I like them. Gives them a chance to redeem their reputation if a judge saddled them with a crap song choice or arrangement the day before. Sure beats repeating the song that just got you eliminated on Idol while you're crying....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    FTR, I think the sing-off/judges' save is as dumb as the tweet-save on The Voice. Why not just use the votes instead of trying to manipulate the results?
    The tweet-save on the Voice is dumb because it's the audience making the final decision again. They already had their final say, why make them do it again? The sing-off on the X-Factor makes sense b/c the judges make the final call. Although I think it's lame that they make the coaches of the bottom 2 vote b/c they will always vote for their own regardless how good or bad they sing. However I would like to see one of the sing offs blow away the other by a mile and see if their own coaches will vote for the superior one.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I don't think much of that theory. Kelly voted Rion out - are any of you mad at her & plan to take it out on her acts? Or do you think Simon thinks he had to treat Rion differently than other contestants?
    You're probably right, but Simon gets more attention as a judge than the other three combined. Anyway, the way he handled it meant he got rid of somebody who could have challenged one of his acts on the charts...outsold both together probably. Rion will never be heard from again after this show. (Sorry, kiddo!

Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    The tweet-save on the Voice is dumb because it's the audience making the final decision again.
    The tweet-save is a way to get viewers to watch the show after ratings have plummeted this season.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I thought last night was really good!! But is Paulina Rubio the worst judge/mentor of all time? She really needs to work with a vocal coach to learn how to enunciate English words better. Or is she just drinking a lot and is sloshed out of her mind? Maybe this is all a bad idea though, because her thoughts are so whacked out. If I understood everything she was saying, it might make my head explode!

My rankings for last night:

Restless Road – Wake Me Up - Wow, I loved this! Thought it was beautiful and it actually moved me to tears. When I first heard this song on the radio I thought it had a country to feel. I'm listening to the youtube clip right now and I'm loving it all over again.

Ellona Santiago – Applause - Wow, killer vocal! And she's a great showman as well, very watchable. I agree with Simon that this was a better version than the original.

Ellona Santiago – If I Were A Boy - Songs that start out low are often a bad move as singers struggle with the low range of their voice, but Ellona held her own here. Of course when the song's melody went higher, Ellona kicked it in the butt!

Alex and Sierra – Say My Name - Nice to hear them something that doesn't sound like a quirky coffee-shop cover. Which this kind of is, but it's cool quirky coffee-shop.

Alex and Sierra – Say Something - Beautiful!!

Carlito Olivera – Let’s Get Loud - He hit all the notes, but when he pushed too hard vocally, it sounds strained and takes away from what's good about his voice. A plus is the dance moves. I want to see him on So You Think You Can Dance!

Jeff Gutt – Without You - Wonderful vocal, flawless. But I agree with Simon, this guy is BORING!

Restless Road - Red - Good, but everybody needs to be great at this point in the show. Luckily they made up for it with their later performance.

Jeff Gutt – Daniel - What's with the background vocalist's mike turned up twice as loud as Jeff's? It's like some invisible guy was singing lead and Jeff was helping out Mr. Invisible. Weird. Plus the song choice was coma-inducing.

Carlito Olivero – Stand By Me - I like Carlito, but he pushed so hard, his voice was strained more than it's ever been. I fear he may have soiled his shorts during this performance...

Rion Paige - When I See You Again - I figured out that Rion excels with her lower range and the higher she goes the more shreiky and whiny she sounds. Bad song choice.

Rion Paige - Glass - Rion needs to go. Please take Jeff Gutt with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Carlito Olivero – Stand By Me - I like Carlito, but he pushed so hard, his voice was strained more than it's ever been. I fear he may have soiled his shorts during this performance... (
    LOL!

I actually enjoyed all the unplugged performances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    But is Paulina Rubio the worst judge/mentor of all time?(
    Yes. She is.

vCash
    Also, have you noticed she copies Demi's critiques about half the time? Only hers is incomprehensible half the time.

vCash
    At least Rion is gone. Cute kid but not ready for prime time.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Surprised, but glad that Ellona is gone. Wonder if the audience thought she was safe, so didn't vote as much for her or they weren't convinced by the judges tongue bathing. Hoping Alex and Sierra wins this.

vCash
    Sort of LOL that all 4 left are cute guys or variations thereof. I would marry Alex or Jeff. Personally I am somewhat repulsed by Carlito but he really does try and I appreciate that. And I think Restless Road is a bit of a freakshow but the buffer most handsome one who is always smiling blindly like he just got a concussion is fun to look at. Anyway if Sonny & Cher and Jon Bon Jovi aren't top two there is a big problem with the voting.

vCash
    Are you comparing Jon Bon Jovi (cute) with Jeff Gutt (creepy)? IMO none of the four left will ever be heard from again. Alex & Sierra are too twee & Jeff has a good voice but no stage presence. Carlito may have a chance is he goes the Latino route but if you compare his voice to someone like Marc Anthony....

All the really good singers are gone. I was surprised that James Kinney didn't get the votes - he was good-looking and had a great voice.

vCash
    In fairness I haven't been watching this season so I don't know how the singers have done thus far but I tuned in for the sing off the other night. Neither singer impressed me at all. Didn't seem right that Simon voted the young girl off because the older boy had a rough childhood and needed the opportunities more. Nice in theory but not the right reasons for a vote off.

vCash
    The young girl only got that far because of her disability so it all evens out.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think alex could be successful without sierra
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Alex is kinda hawt and sings the best among the males.

vCash
    Last night X Factor went to a new low - the horrible, what-were-they-thinking mash-ups duets between contestants. If they had to do it, why not put Carlito & Jeff together and put the 2 groups together? Except of course Simon wouldn't want his baby Restless Road to be shown up as badly as A&S would have done. Surprisingly, I thought Carlito sounded better on his duet - Sierra was a little screechy.

It's hard to believe any of these 4 would make it in the real world. Jeff's voice probably has the potential, but I think his appearance is against him. He looks scary at times (not in a good way) & that hideous soul patch is off-putting. And it always comes off to me as nothing being from the heart - like that hokey on his knees position for Halleluiah. GMAFB

There were a couple of decent performances - I liked Carlito's 1st solo. He sings better than Bieber so he might do well in the Latin market. And Alex & Sierra had 2 very good solos. No need to mention RR - they stunk as usual. I'm not a teenage girl so their appeal completely escapes me.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My rankings for last night:

1. Alex and Sierra - Little Talks
    2. Carlito - Boyfriend
    3. Alex and Sierra - Gravity
    4. Restless Road - Wanted
    5. Restless Road - That's My Kind Of Night
    6. Carlito - I Need To Know (bad song choice, he can't hold a candle to Marc Anthony!!!)
    7. Jeff Gutt - Demons
    8. Jeff Gutt - Hallelujah (uh, dude...this is not a power ballad...............)

Last night X Factor went to a new low - the horrible, what-were-they-thinking mash-ups duets between contestants. If they had to do it, why not put Carlito & Jeff together and put the 2 groups together? Except of course Simon wouldn't want his baby Restless Road to be shown up as badly as A&S would have done. Surprisingly, I thought Carlito sounded better on his duet - Sierra
    I think they had to struggle with putting artists together, because the final four are all so different. You can't put a metal act together with a EDM artist. So...Alex and Sierra did a Destiny's Child soul song once and Carlito is an R & B artist, so that's their match. Jeff's a rock artist and Restless Road did "Life Is A Highway" by rock artist Tom Cochrane, so that's their link.

vCash
    Simon must be kicking himself for putting Carlito through last week because Carlito bumped Restless Road out of the finals.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    It's hard to believe any of these 4 would make it in the real world. Jeff's voice probably has the potential, but I think his appearance is against him. He looks scary at times (not in a good way) & that hideous soul patch is off-putting. And it always comes off to me as nothing being from the heart - like that hokey on his knees position for Halleluiah. GMAFB.
    That's exactly my opinion of Jeff too. And the way his arrogance has been building and that crap about no one is going to take this away from my son ..... what the hell was that about?! He was just meh for me before, but after his comments the last two nights, I really dislike him more and more.

At least I have someone to root for to NOT win because other than Jeff not winning, don't really care who wins as I like them both. Although I'm thinking Alex & Sierra will probably win.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast