Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    oh no one of my fav's Khaya is in the bottom.. she just sang for her life though and was amazing..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I wonder why they changed their minds on revealing the rank in order which they mentioned last Wednesday.
    I have never heard of that song by 5th Harmony on the radio. Let's see how long their fame would last.
    So far my fave contestant is Alex/Sierra. They don't have the best vocals, but they put an interesting twist to the songs. It doesn't hurt that they are a cute couple.

Lillie has the best voice, but boring performer. Rion and Khaya probably are the most balanced singers.

vCash
    I hope Carlito is the next to go, I find him painfully boring to watch. It's like bad karaoke.

vCash
    More boring than Tim? Not possible.

vCash
    True. Although I find Tim more likeable.

vCash
    Rachel is a friend of a friend. Sad to see her go. Looked like she knew that this was the end of her dream.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Maybe its because 'Mickey' is one of my favorite guilty pleasure songs, but I thought Sweet Suspense was great! They were fun and charming and I thought they sang it great. Can't believe they were the first to go. Especially over Tim, who has no personality and sang one of my most hated songs ever. How was he not in the bottom 2?

She may sing well, but I really don't like Rion. Watching her perform is like watching a choreographed routine in which I know a full second ahead of time exactly what movement she is going to make. 5-6-7-8 jerk your head, pick up your foot, shake your shoulders raise your arms, jerk your head, pick up your foot pick up your foot, shake your shoulders ffrreezzee. I knew exactly what she was going before she did it. It was very forced and unnatural to me. So annoying to watch!

I didn't really like Lillie that much before, but love her last night. Can't believe Khaya was in the bottom either. I hope Restless Road improves a little. I really like them but they are kind of middle of the pack right now I think.

vCash
    I liked the individual girls of Sweet Suspense but they never gelled for me. I liked "Mickey" but that was probably because the rest of the night sucked so bad. I agreed with Demi that they "ain't no Fifth Harmony" (although that comment was really mean). I really like FH.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My rankings for this week:

Alex and Sierra - Best Song Ever - I don't know why the judges keep harping on Sierra when others in this competition make major errors (sorry Khaya) and if Sierra has any problems, they're very minor.

Lillie McCloud - This Woman's Worth - Lillie is a better vocalist than Alex and Sierra, but I just wanted a bigger moment with this song. I think maybe she played it a little too safe? (Unlike Khaya, who stumbled her way out of the competition...) So maybe Lillie was smart to play it safe then.

Carlito Olivero - Satisfaction - He definitely has The X-Factor.

Timothy Olstad - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Tim really kicked up a notch this week, this was his best vocal ever. Still, he chose an uber-predictable, not to mention boring, song to sing. Bye, Tim!

Ellona Santiago - Burn - Not a perfect vocal, but good enough.

Jeff Gutt - Bohemian Rhapsody - Was it just me or did Jeff have major help from the backup vocalists during the hard parts? He was good, not sure if he needed them?

Josh Levi - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - Josh is only this low because of the arrangement of the song. It was interesting and I kind of liked it, but kind of didn't like it at the same time. Too drastic a change from the original.

Restless Road - Fix You - Decent enough. They've got some harmonies happening, which is pretty good considering they're new to singing with one another. Weird that one guy got singled out for his lack of stage presence when the other one has only one facial expression: deer caught in the headlights... Colton really carries the group, both presence-wise and vocally.

Rion Paige - Your Song - The judges loved this, but I thought it was rather a mess.

Khaya Cohen - Let It Be - Tried way too hard, so too many errors. AWFUL song choice as well...why didn't Demi have her do Amy Winehouse or Duffy or Estelle, etc.???
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    alex and sierra remind me of an updated starland vocal band
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Did anyone watch tonight? I liked Jeff, Josh, & Carlito the most. Almost everyone did a pretty good job tonight. Alex & Sierra were better than usual, probably because Alex sang more. Restless Road were awful as usual - I don't know why they are still there. And Lillie was good but she sounded like a 30's torch singer - she also messed up the words. How does anyone mess up "Summertime"? I haven't warmed up to Rion or Ellona. They did fine I guess.

Going home -
    What I'd like: Restless Road & Rion
    What will probably happen: Carlito & Lillie

vCash
    Me watch for Alex and Sierra. Me don't understand Ellona love. Doing the dance pop thingy doesn't seem natural for her. Almost forced. Me want Ellona to go home, but I guess she'll be sticking around for another week. If she does win, she'll be as big (or small-however you want to look at it) as the Filipino chick (can't remember her name-that's how forgettable she is) who was runner up to Phillip Phillips on Idol.

vCash
    Or maybe your memory just sucks. Jessica Sanchez.

Ellona is a fierce gay icon, last week was kind of a mess but she did that Jessie J song proud this week, I loved it.

Alex & Sierra are definitely a top 4 act in this competition, and I liked them just fine, but they need to start choosing some more edgy material, and/or just sing the normal melody of a song. I'm glad they try to rearrange but they don't really need to every time, it comes across a little smug to me.

Lillie is doing great, I think she should continue to the top 5 at least- we shall see though. Jeff continues to impress me and I also want to see him go far.

Carlito's song was mildly amusing, although he is just not that scintillating a vocalist. He's got some good dance ability. Restless Road need to go, even on their good days they are just so poor, and as they seem so earnest I want to like them, but no. Rion was simply horrid, what a terrible song too. Absolutely hated that Bruno song for Josh Levi- he could be so much better if his song choices weren't so bland and predictable.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My rankings for last night:

Lillie McCloud - Summertime - An over-done song choice, but that voice! That vocal! Can't deny her #1 this week.

Jeff Gutt - Feelin' Good - Another really unoriginal choice. But his vocal was really good. And he had the best vocal in the group number to Cry Me A River.

Josh Levi - Treasure - Great vocal, great stage performance. During his performance, I thought, "if Bruno Mars sees this, he's going to be saying, I've got to work with this kid!!".

Carlito Olivera - Cup Of Life/Maria - One of his better vocals, but he seemed maybe a bit behind the band? Carlito had the best vocal of the group number along with Jeff Gutt in my opinion.

Ellona Santiago - Mama Knows Best - A force of nature! Some problems with the vocals towards the end, but no surprise as she was really working the stage. And in really high heels!

Restless Road - Life Is A Highway - Did Simon pick this to be a big band song? It didn't work, bad choice. The vocals seemed to be buried underneath the fierceness of the band. Maybe that was the plan?? Colton is always watchable, but the other two continually to strive to have personality equal to that of paint drying...

Alex and Sierra - I Knew You Were Trouble - Not good at all. But I think that was because of the song choice and the arrangement. It did not work at all. The vocals were decent, but overall...a mess.

Rion Paige - Swingin' - Horrible! Vocals were way off. This song is way too fast for an inexperienced singer to tackle. Plus Rion's vocals in the group number were definitely the worst. She needs to go.

vCash
    Simon is officially an idiot. The whole purpose of the sing-off is to decide between the bottom 2. Josh did decent. Rion did horrible. If Simon wasn't going to take that into account then why have the sing-off?

Horrible results all around. Restless Road & Rion should have been gone. RR is not THAT cute. Who's voting for them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Simon is officially an idiot. The whole purpose of the sing-off is to decide between the bottom 2. Josh did decent. Rion did horrible. If Simon wasn't going to take that into account then why have the sing-off?

Horrible results all around. Restless Road & Rion should have been gone. RR is not THAT cute. Who's voting for them?
    Simon's playing the game. He didn't have to choose. No sense riling up Josh or Rion fans as he's counting on the survivor to be bottom two next week.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I kind of agree with both of you. Simon is an idiot to let the one who is performing better go. But it was also smart not to piss off the fans of the one he (could have...should have?) voted out, in the hope that his acts would keep getting votes from those he did not offend. It was definitely time for Rion to go, though. It's getting tough now because of everyone left, I either like them or feel that they are performing well. A much more interesting group of performers than those left on The Voice (which I completely gave up on three weeks ago...not enough watching clips of those remaining online).

Speaking of idiots, how about the voting public for not keeping Lillie in? Mind you, I think the song choice was wrong, wrong, wrong. A popular young person might get by with singing that song, but an older person has to do something more current to appeal to the youngsters. Lillie and Summertime is just an old person doing an old-sounding, old song...no matter how good it sounds...

vCash
    The only person still in I'm rooting for is Jeff, and Alex of Alex and Sierra. He's great.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Finally caught up and was coming to ask what the hell Simon was smokin' when he wouldn't vote out Rion (who sucked both WE and TH nights) over Josh ... then I read the comments about how kinda smart that was. Didn't think of those reasons, so yea... probably was smart. Don't piss off the Rion fans who may hold it against your acts, and she'll get kicked out on her own next week anyway. If she was already in the bottom 3, and 2 of those are now gone, she's a goner next week anyway. And same goes for Josh. He probably would not have survived the viewer votes if he's already at the bottom of the voting anyway. Simon not so stoopid as me is I guess.

vCash
    I don't think much of that theory. Kelly voted Rion out - are any of you mad at her & plan to take it out on her acts? Or do you think Simon thinks he had to treat Rion differently than other contestants?

FTR, I think the sing-off/judges' save is as dumb as the tweet-save on The Voice. Why not just use the votes instead of trying to manipulate the results?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast