Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Easterns is on Entryeeze, Mids may be there, too. Go to the Entryeeze website and search by state. To see the rosters, you need to click on a coach's name and follow the link to "Full Schedule" that is above the coach's schedule.

vCash
    Mids is on Entryeeze also. Funny thing, though. On IceNetwork it is listed as being in Hoffman Estates, IL, but it is really in Strongsville, OH. Makes a big difference! I think they got confused because Synchro mids was in HE earlier this year. Guess I won't be stopping by!

vCash
    Ageless, I think we might be neighbors the Hoffman rink is like 15 min away!

Good luck to those of you competing!!i hope you will let us know how it goes!!

vCash
    Oh, believe me, I will. I still can't believe I'm doing this.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    You can do it!!!

vCash
    I came in third! (Shh... yes, out of three, but...) I still came in third!

I have the spins competition tomorrow.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Yay, Garr! Good luck tomorrow!

vCash
    Way to go, Garr!!! That's great!!
    Happy spinning tomorrow
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I was looking at the Sectional results online, and am slightly confused. Why is Eastern sectionals using ordinal marking and Midwestern using IJS-style marking?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Was it the same level? 6.0 is used for low levels and IJS for high ones.

vCash
    Aha! That's what it is. I think it was only the high-level events that were showing on the Midwesterns website. Thanks for the clarification.

vCash
    For Mids, IN is only posting the Championship (Gold and Masters) events, and those use IJS. IN is posting both the high levels (IJS) and Silver and below levels (6.0) from Easterns, so that's why you are seeing 6.0 results. I assume IN is posting whatever the accountants on-site are sending them, so the Mids accountants must not be sending the lower levels in real time.

Congratulations to ioana! Looks like a great skate!

vCash
    I'm on Ice Network! Well, my results are. But I had no idea this stuff was posted up there until you guys mentioned it, so thanks. They're even showing the results from the event I did late today.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Oh, let me tell you all - today, I did compulsory spins. Neither my coach nor I were at all familiar with what was involved, and I misinterpreted what I'd read about it. I thought you just did the three spins, and that's it, one after the other, stopping between each one. I didn't realize people did an actual little mini program without music. So I get there, and I am watching the people doing the compulsory jumps competition, which was right before the spins. And I realized - oh, goodness. So I get out for my three minute warm up, do the world's fastest choreography, practice it twice, and there you have it - my compulsory spins program.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    The spins events I've seen (including the one I competed) were as you first described - 3 spins done one after the other. Of course, the last time I watched a spins event was 7 years ago, so maybe things have changed. For compulsory moves, you do skate a mini-program (stated in the announcement) but I've never seen that for jumps or spins. Hmmm. Well, good for you for making up some choreo quickly!

vCash
    Good job garr! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! And woohoo for 3rd and last minute choreography hehehe

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    I'm fairly sure the spins are the only thing that should be judged for the spins event. The reason why you end up seeing mini-programs is that in case of identical spins, judges might need to use something else to determine placements -and we all know skaters like to use any possible advantage .

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Congratulations to ioana! Looks like a great skate!
    Thank you! "Great" is a slight overstatement for the way I stumbled all through my ftwk, but I'll still take it

vCash
    I think a difficult entry into or out of a spin, or at least a variety of entries (and exits that show control), could help the scores more than just putting a spiral or rocker or little jump, etc., on the path while you're getting from one spin to the other but not directly connected to either of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I think a difficult entry into or out of a spin, or at least a variety of entries (and exits that show control), could help the scores more than just putting a spiral or rocker or little jump, etc., on the path while you're getting from one spin to the other but not directly connected to either of them.
    Yeah... when my spins are a pivot, two foot spin and one foot spin, I'm not thinking that's so much my concern...
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Is there an entry list yet for Adult Nationals? I poked around a bit on the Adult Nationals web site and EntryEeze, but couldn't find anything.

Is anyone going as a spectator? I've thought about it, but it's nearly a 2-hour drive from my home, which is kind of far.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast