Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Shadow dancing
    vCash
    You'll have fun. The adult dance community is very supportive. (Well, the whole adult community is very supportive too )

vCash
    Do you mind if I ask which Pre-Silver dance you have passed and which one you were intending to take soon?

Here’s why I ask. The dances selected for next year are Fiesta Tango and Ten Fox for Bronze and Ten Fox and European Waltz for Pre-Silver. If the European Waltz is the Pre-Silver dance test you were planning to take soon -- or if it’s not the one you have already passed -- you can use your entry into Pre-Silver Solo Dance as way to bring you closer to your goal of passing your next test(s). You will basically be killing two birds with one stone, so to speak!

If you enter Bronze, you will be doing dances you have already passed – not that there is anything wrong with that, of course, but if you, like me, have limited time to skate, this would be less “efficient,” for lack of a better word.

If you are not on any timetable to pass your tests and/or would feel more comfortable at Bronze, then enter that level. It might be a good way to get your feet wet!

vCash
    The European Waltz is the one I haven't even started working on yet, and I can tell it will take me some time to accomplish it. I passed the Fourteenstep.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Change of plans. Looks like I'm not doing solo dance. The mohawk of death in the fourteen step... I will do interpretive instead, or dramatic. Of course, there is a slight problem. I am an ice dancer. I do not jump. This should be... interesting.

I did some baby jumps this morning with my coach. I haven't jumped in 10 years.

What is the difference between dramatic and interpretive? Is there one?

From reading the rulebook, is it the case that there are no required elements for this event?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I think the events are either artistic/dramatic or comedy/entertainment? (or did they change the names?) Artistic/dramatic programs are more conventional - standard skating costume, pop/rock/classical music. The comedy category is the more theatrical one - non-traditional costuming and makeup, theatrical concepts.

You don't need to do any jumps. They key is not to fall or stumble, so do what you do well. The judging is about how well your skating movements express the music or theme.

vCash
    Aww, too bad about solo dance. But why won't you be doing it? Fourteenstep isn't one of the dances.

You don't need any jumps for either Dramatic Skate or Light Entertainment Skate.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Garr - the solo dances are Fiesta/Ten Fox (bronze) or Ten Fox/European (pre-silver). No Fourteenstep Mohawk required.

http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013-14...ce%20Chart.pdf

vCash
    Ah, gagh! I believe that I mean the ten fox, not the fourteen step. All these dances with "fox" and/or numbers in their name, I get confused. But anyway, discussed it with my coach, and she thinks I should do the interpretive. And from the description that Debbie S just gave, it's the artistic/dramatic program she means. But I will confirm with her which dances are on offer, to be sure we're not both confused!
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Yup, I meant the ten fox. Sorry. Evil mohawk of death = ten fox. Evil other mohawk of death = fourteen step.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    In the end, I'm doing the silver light entertainment.

I'm toying with the idea of adding a silver dramatic, but we'll see.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Garr, what music are you going to use?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I am using the Galaxy Song, by Monty Python: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

I just tried to register for Eastern Sectionals, and the Entry Ease software insists that, based on my test levels, I am adult pre-bronze. It's basing this on the fact that I am "no test" for freestyle. The USFS rules say I am adult silver, based on the fact that I have passed one pre-silver dance. I am working to resolve this. But until then, enjoy the song!
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I am using the Galaxy Song, by Monty Python: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

I just tried to register for Eastern Sectionals, and the Entry Ease software insists that, based on my test levels, I am adult pre-bronze. It's basing this on the fact that I am "no test" for freestyle. The USFS rules say I am adult silver, based on the fact that I have passed one pre-silver dance. I am working to resolve this. But until then, enjoy the song!
    I'll be at Eastern Sectionals! Silver FS, Light Entertainment and Dramatic!

vCash
    Garr, that is an awesome choice
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Garr, that is an awesome choice
    And I'm skating it straight, as Eric Idle did when he sang it, which, IMO, makes it funnier.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kachilyn View Post
    I'll be at Eastern Sectionals! Silver FS, Light Entertainment and Dramatic!
    I might add a dramatic. I'm thinking it over. But I can't do silver FS, because my jumps aren't quite even pre-bronze.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Entryeeze and dance test levels don't always play well together.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post

vCash
    I've registered for silver level adult interpretive light entertainment for both sectionals and nationals, and for pre-bronze compulsory spins at sectionals. I plan to come in dead last for silver, because I am NOT a silver level skater. When I told my husband I had to register for silver for the interpretive, he looked at me and said, "You're going to come in last." And if I do, I will take great pride in the fact that I came in any place at all!

My coach asked me to find out how much time we have from the time they call my name, to when I take my start pose on the ice. Anyone know?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    1 minute

vCash
    I'm signed up for Silver FS. No idea what possessed me to do it since work is extra-busy these days and I was out on vacation for two weeks, but whatevs. Should still be fun & I'm looking forward to hitting a few musical accents in my program this time around. Eys, dreaming big. Now, to do my back camel to catch foot consistently enough so that it makes an appearance in my program .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast