Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    Is there an entry list yet for Adult Nationals? I poked around a bit on the Adult Nationals web site and EntryEeze, but couldn't find anything.

Is anyone going as a spectator? I've thought about it, but it's nearly a 2-hour drive from my home, which is kind of far.
    Not yet for Nationals since the time schedule hasn't been finalized yet. They do have a list of events by dates posted on the event website here. I'm doing Silver ladies and driving down with two friends who are doing Bronze on Wednesday. I'd definitely recommend stopping by on Saturday for the championship events if you could, though. They tend to be very high standard & fun to watch .

vCash
    Preliminary time schedule is finally available.

vCash
    It looks like I'll need a hotel for both Friday and Saturday night, due to the timing of my event on Saturday.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Preliminary time schedule is finally available.

Thanks for the link.

So, I'm new to this and confused by all the categories.

1. What is the difference between Gold and Championship Gold? I'm guessing the top skaters in each Gold division move on to Championship Gold?

2. What is the difference between Gold/Championship Gold and Masters? Is Masters for an older age group?

3. It seems like there are lots of groups in Bronze and Silver categories. Is there a skateoff or something in these divisions to determine the overall Bronze/Silver winners?

Any info appreciated, thanks.

vCash
    Championship events have to be qualified for at sectionals, just like "real" nationals. Gold is an open event you can register for.

Masters is not an age category (except that you have to be 21) at Adult Nationals (it is on adult tests... 50 years or older...that's not confusing at all USFS...) Masters are the intermediate-senior levels.

I don't think there are overall Bronze/Silver winners, since they are not Championship events. A bronze/silver skater just wins their event. It would be the same for a Gold event that is not a championship event, they are divided by age if there are enough skaters (that's what the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are- they are age categories). Championship events combine all ages.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 03-27-2014 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    1. What is the difference between Gold and Championship Gold? I'm guessing the top skaters in each Gold division move on to Championship Gold?

2. What is the difference between Gold/Championship Gold and Masters? Is Masters for an older age group?

3. It seems like there are lots of groups in Bronze and Silver categories. Is there a skateoff or something in these divisions to determine the overall Bronze/Silver winners?
    Championship gold is the event people qualified for through sectionals (top 4 in each Section). Regular Gold works the same as Silver and Bronze -you sign up for Nationals if you want to go, provided to passed the prerequisite FS test before the deadline. No qualifying via Sectionals required.

In Singles, Masters Int/Nov and Jr/Sr is for skaters who passed those freestyle tests. So, a higher level but not necessarily related to age. The Championship distinction also applies -regular Masters is something you can just show up for. Champions Masters is a qualifying event at Sectionals. You can sign up for both tracks and several skaters do. Am not really sure about Masters in Dance and Interpretive, so maybe someone else could help out there.

Bronze and Silver will get a winner for each age category, but not overall. I.e. someone will win Silver ladies III and someone else Silver ladies I. In some cases, they had so many entries they had to do a preliminary round, like in Silver III which is a very popular event. I think the top 6 in each group advance to the final round, but I'm not too sure of the cut off.

vCash
    Am not really sure about Masters in Dance and Interpretive, so maybe someone else could help out there.
    Masters in Dance and Interpretative is the same thing for Adult Nationals competition- high level tests.

For anyone really interested, the rulebooks are online and easy to search and read.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 03-27-2014 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for the info!!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    In dance it can get confusing, because there's a test level (standard, adult, masters) that is age-related. Just an in general FYI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    In dance it can get confusing, because there's a test level (standard, adult, masters) that is age-related. Just an in general FYI.
    They've added this for MITF now too. You can take the adult tests at standard or master's.

It's ridiculous they chose to use the same word to mean two very different things.
    But at Nationals, Master's is a skill level, not an age. The age categories are 1-5 (or I-V, depending on where they are written.)

vCash
    I still don't see a schedule for me when I go into Entry Eez. It says my name, the word "schedule", and then nothing. I've written twice to the referee, and nothing. Anyone have any idea for if it's me or the system? Am I not clicking on something that needs a good, hard click?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I still don't see a schedule for me when I go into Entry Eez. It says my name, the word "schedule", and then nothing. I've written twice to the referee, and nothing. Anyone have any idea for if it's me or the system? Am I not clicking on something that needs a good, hard click?
    EntryEez is only for practice ice. You will only see a schedule in there if you purchased practice ice and then only the practice ice schedule.
    Competition schedule is here: http://www.2014usadultnationalchampi...le-3-24-14.pdf

Looking forward to seeing you again there! What events are you doing at Nationals?

vCash
    Oh. That was not clear.

I'm in Ladies III light entertainment. Saturday, but I'm driving up on Friday afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll be there on time for (or in any condition to skate on) the Friday practice ice, so I didn't sign up for it. I figured I'll see how it goes.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    They've added this for MITF now too. You can take the adult tests at standard or master's.

It's ridiculous they chose to use the same word to mean two very different things.
    But at Nationals, Master's is a skill level, not an age. The age categories are 1-5 (or I-V, depending on where they are written.)
    They could do it for championship events. Then we could have Championship Gold Masters and Championship Masters Masters.

vCash
    It's good that I didn't sign up for Friday night practice ice, because we didn't hit Hyannis until 9pm. I did my warmup ice on Saturday, then went for a walk on the beach with my family. Then my event at 4:15pm. I met my goals - I did not come in last.

Tomorrow, I test the foxtrot. Lots of skating this week, but I think I'll take a couple days off once the test is over. Maybe.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    It's good that I didn't sign up for Friday night practice ice, because we didn't hit Hyannis until 9pm. I did my warmup ice on Saturday, then went for a walk on the beach with my family. Then my event at 4:15pm. I met my goals - I did not come in last.

Tomorrow, I test the foxtrot. Lots of skating this week, but I think I'll take a couple days off once the test is over. Maybe.
    You did great! Loved the outfit change!! I managed to be walking past just as you took the ice.

Good luck with the foxtrot!

vCash
    Congratulations, Garr! Good luck on your test!

vCash
    Yay Garr!! So how was the experience??
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I passed my dance test, which for me, is a very big deal, because I don't always pass them on the first try. Great week of skating, let me tell you.

I wish the next sectionals and nationals were close to me again. Hopefully, future ones will be, because I have an idea for a program...
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Congratulations!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast