Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cool Is it possible that Johhny Weir will get the last TBA spot at Skate America

Hello Johnny Weir fans,

I was thinking that the USFSA will grant Johnny that last spot as he does not have an Grand Prix Assignments. He is training like crazy I have heard! That would be a great line up Evan Lysachek and Johnny Weir trying to get that last spot to Sochi. What does everyone think?

vCash
    Adam Rippon was assigned to Skate America on 8/15.

Re-posting from a few days ago - Instagram video of Weir landing a 3A in practice:
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Looks like the 3A is back, even if he may not compete this season.

Good morning. #DontCryForMeNewJersey @ Ice House Skate Rink http://t.co/d7AtzoUzlV
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Why should the USFSA give Weir anything? He was a complete waste of Grand Prix space last season, not even close to competitive and then got "injured"...

vCash
    Heads up that the thread starter has been known to start threads that bait people to respond and then disappear.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Has Johnny announced his new programs?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Heads up that the thread starter has been known to start threads that bait people to respond and then disappear.
    And?

I don't find this thread particularly provocative. But even if I did, posters aren't obligated to post followup comments and threads that get out of hand can be dealt with when they actually get out of hand.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Johnny should continue his good training and work his way to Boston by doing Regionals, then Sectionals, earning his Nationals berth. With the 3-axel back, it looks as if he's on his way.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    The deadline for registering to compete for Nationals has passed. (August 31st). Will be curious to hear if Johnny actually signed up and will be going for it at a regional event. Hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    And?

I don't find this thread particularly provocative. But even if I did, posters aren't obligated to post followup comments and threads that get out of hand can be dealt with when they actually get out of hand.
    THIS!!!! LOVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Why should the USFSA give Weir anything? He was a complete waste of Grand Prix space last season, not even close to competitive and then got "injured"...
    Agreed

vCash
    nothing would make me happier than to see Johnny earn an Olympic spot.

vCash

Is it possible that Johhny Weir will get the last TBA spot at Skate America

IF Johnny competes I hope he keeps the fs from last year and returns to the sp he did at 2008 Nationals. If he doesn't compete I want him to do the commentating because he did a great time last time without showing bias or insulting any of the other skaters.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    The deadline for registering to compete for Nationals has passed. (August 31st). Will be curious to hear if Johnny actually signed up and will be going for it at a regional event. Hope so.
    When will we find out who is competing in regional events?

vCash
    deadline for regionals is midnite tonight September 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    This is true.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I doubt he'll make a run for it. But at least he came back and tried last season.

He hasn't been hiding out for the last 4 years like USFSA favorite Evan.

vCash
    While I'd prefer to see Johnny on the ice, NBC may do itself (i.e., the ratings) a lot of good by inviting him to be on the 'color commentating team' in Sochi. Imagine - Johnny as the rinkside commentator and interviewer near Kiss n' Cry. Of course, Johnny would have to be very careful to keep the flamboyance for the NBC cameras and not out in the streets...for his own safety. I love having my fill of Johnny on TV but I wish him to be safe and secure.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It would be a very interesting protest of sorts for US TV networks to fight to get Weir a work visa for Sochi.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    It would be a very interesting protest of sorts for US TV networks to fight to get Weir a work visa for Sochi.
    I agree with that!!!

vCash

True, Johnny was invited to skate in a show in St. Petersburg in a few weeks. it will be interesting to see if he is granted a visa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast