Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

P&G & Walmart Tribute to American Legends of the Ice~Wed,December 11 @ 7:30 P

http://www.meadowlands.com/Events/P_...f_the_Ice.aspx

P&G & Walmart Tribute to American Legends of the Ice

Wednesday, December 11 at 7:30 PM

"A Celebration of the Great Tradition of American Skating"

Watch performances by current and past National and Olympic medalists including Brian Boitano, Dick Button, Ashley Wagner, Max Aaron, Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir, Ross Miner, Agnes Zawadzki, and many more. The show will be hosted by Kristi Yamaguchi and Michael Weiss.

Plus special musical guest performer Scotty McCreery will perform in the tribute to American skating legends before they head off to Sochi.

Tickets:
    $150, $75, $60, $40

Parking Lots Open:
    TBD

Parking Fee:
    Cars:
    Buses:

Doors Open:
    6:30 PM

vCash
    I can't help it. . . "Tribute to American Brand Names," sponsored by Wal-Mart & Procter & Gamble and taking place at the Izod Center. Let's just hope that there's plenty of additional product placement throughout the show.

(Oh, and really? Dick Button is going to perform? erm. . . yes, please, on the commentary but I do not advise that Mr Button skate!)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Plus special musical guest performer Scotty McCreery will perform in the tribute to American skating legends before they head off to Sochi.
    A bit premature to be calling Wagner and Aaron "legends," no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unchat123 View Post
    A bit premature to be calling Wagner and Aaron "legends," no?
    Maybe their performances are tributes to the legends? Not that they are legends?

Their site made me laugh- the photo advertisement is Sasha, Evan, and Ashley. Sasha and Evan aren't even in the list of skaters on that site.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 09-18-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    December 11? That will be tough on any of the skaters who (hopefully) will be coming back from participating in the Grand Prix Final.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    http://www.dissonskating.com/our-sho...ds-of-the-ice/

Cast & Special Appearances: Dick Button, Evan Lysacek, Sarah Hughes, Tara Lipinski, Kristi Yamaguchi, Brian Boitano, Carol Heiss Jenkins, Hayes Jenkins, Tenley Albright, Nancy Kerrigan, Sasha Cohen, Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, Paul Wylie, Rosalynn Sumners, Kitty & Peter Carruthers, Linda Fratianne, Ashley Wagner, Max Aaron, Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir, Ross Miner, Agnes Zawadzki.

I've started an info thread for the 4 Disson Skating shows here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...NJ)-amp-14-(NY)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Maybe their performances are tributes to the legends? Not that they are legends?
    I think that's what the person who wrote the release meant but that's not what it says. The "they" gramatically refers to the "legends" = writing FAIL.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I can't help it. . . "Tribute to American Brand Names," sponsored by Wal-Mart & Procter & Gamble and taking place at the Izod Center. Let's just hope that there's plenty of additional product placement throughout the show.
    Ka-CHING
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Pandora?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    No sponsors = no televised show & no money for the skaters.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^Yeah, I know. Unfortunate reality. Well, I'll have my Musselman's applesauce at the ready.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Oh. My. Gosh. I'm going to see Uncle Dick on the ice?!
    This is right next door to me. It will be my Christmas present. To myself if necessary.

vCash
    I found out about this show a few days ago when we received our latest issue of IFS Magazine (with Brian Orser on the cover). The Disson shows for this season are listed on the back cover. We were @ Mike Weiss' show this past Sunday, and I saw Steve Disson. I went over to him to ask him some questions about the show - criteria for the legends being in the show - the non-Olympic eligibles were Olympic medalists, the current US skaters in the show are Olympic eligible hopefuls.

I doubt that Uncle Dickie will skate, but I'm sure he'll he'll be honored, and can't wait to see him again (while he is still alive)!

vCash
    I'm just going to put this out there: I hope Ashley has a decent exhibition number this year, and not one of those butt-shaking things in hot pants. It's time to grow up and perform like a national champion... ESPECIALLY in this company!

vCash
    If I weren't going to Nationals, I'd attend this!
    The generation who created skating as we know it, deserves to be honored while they are here to enjoy it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    http://www.dissonskating.com/our-sho...ds-of-the-ice/

Cast & Special Appearances: Dick Button, Evan Lysacek, Sarah Hughes, Tara Lipinski, Kristi Yamaguchi, Brian Boitano, Carol Heiss Jenkins, Hayes Jenkins, Tenley Albright, Nancy Kerrigan, Sasha Cohen, Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, Paul Wylie, Rosalynn Sumners, Kitty & Peter Carruthers, Linda Fratianne, Ashley Wagner, Max Aaron, Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir, Ross Miner, Agnes Zawadzki.

I've started an info thread for the 4 Disson Skating shows here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...NJ)-amp-14-(NY)
    Seriously missing: Michelle Kwan, Dorothy Hamill, Peggy Fleming, Scott Hamilton
    Tai & Randy

I hope they will be in attendance (not skating) and will be recognized at the show, since it's called 'Tribute to American legends'

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    This is right next door to me. It will be my Christmas present. To myself if necessary.
    I would suspect that Uncle Dick will make an appearance but will not be skating. I haven't heard of him skating since the accident a number of years ago when he had a serious brain injury that left him hospitalized for a long period. But it sounds like a wonderful show in any event and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

And while I agree all the promo spots in the shows can be a bit much, I'm glad there are still companies that support skating and I always try to give them positive feedback on social media for their efforts.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I am envious of you east coast residents. You get so many skating performances- competitions and otherwise...........Sigh.

vCash
    Hmm, I might have to look into this...more after the break!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I would suspect that Uncle Dick will make an appearance but will not be skating. I haven't heard of him skating since the accident a number of years ago when he had a serious brain injury that left him hospitalized for a long period. But it sounds like a wonderful show in any event and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

And while I agree all the promo spots in the shows can be a bit much, I'm glad there are still companies that support skating and I always try to give them positive feedback on social media for their efforts.
    My jaw dropped at the mention of Dick Button on ice. He was on ice at Battle of the Blades a few years ago and looked rather wobbley. Kurt very quietly moved to his side and steadied him.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast