Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Regardless of what some would like, to borrow from Tara Lipinski, Evan won the gold and they can "never take that away" from me.
    I believe Sarah Hughes was the one to coin that phrase.

vCash
    I believe if Plushenko hadn't omitted the 3rd jump in his 3 jump combo, he would have won. So even if you believe all these conspiracies, he still controlled his own destiny. Just sayin'!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadruple_jump_controversy

I know german, duch, french, swiss, italian, mexican, chinese, of course russian news and experts disagreed Evan's victory. I followed every moments in this matter, you believe me.
    (And maybe you know, on Yahoo sport was a poll inmediateli after the competition ,and Plushenko won 70/30 %.)
    Ok, so I lied about having one last post on the subject. However, I couldn't let this one go.

First, without a copy of the Yahoo sport poll to show us, it's hard to take your word for it since the neutrality of your arguments are a little suspect (like the Wikipedia article you cited).

So, I quickly skimmed through the footnotes section, and I could not find any sources to indicate that German, Dutch, Swiss, Italian, Mexican, Chinese experts disagreed with Evan's victory or found his score to be out of the ordinary. The article only has quotes from a select few Russian media outlets. The only line that was somewhat close to indicating that was, "Plushenko's short program drew much praise from the International press which hailed him as the 'King' of figure skating who had returned . . ." which does not indicate at all that they thought Lysaceck's Short Program score was wrong. It only praised Plushenko's performance. However, even that quote is only supported by two articles. One a Japan Times article whose link no longer works, and an article from the New York Daily News. The NY Daily News article didn't say anything about Lysacek's score. It only talked about Plushenko being in first place after the short without any mention about it being wrong that the scores were so close.

Anyway, even if you were cite to examples of international media saying Lysaceck's SP score was wrong, that would not mean that there was international consensus and outcry about it. It just means you found an example of someone from another country who strongly disagreed with the score. I am sure you could find others from those same countries who did not think anything was wrong with the scores.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 09-27-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I believe if Plushenko hadn't omitted the 3rd jump in his 3 jump combo, he would have won. So even if you believe all these conspiracies, he still controlled his own destiny. Just sayin'!

That's as ridicules as saying that if there was no Sarah hughes, The judges would have still put Slutskaya over Kwan in SLC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post

That's as ridicules as saying that if there was no Sarah hughes, The judges would have still put Slutskaya over Kwan in SLC
    Not ridiculous at all. Lysacek beat Plushenko by 1.31 points. The base value of the jump that Plushenko omitted from his Free Skate was worth more than 1.31 points.

vCash
    GUSY so what about that Protopopovs comeback? I think they have a real chance of winning the PLATINUM medal in Sochi!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I believe Sarah Hughes was the one to coin that phrase.
    No, Tara said it before her, and many times, and got flack for saying it. I sometimes wonder if she felt she had to defend her title in the face of many who were devastated by Kwan's loss or didn't agree with the outcome. (For the record, I favored Michelle, but totally understand why Tara did win, it was one hell of a freeskate. The more I look at it now, the more I see how historic and joyous it really was).
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Not ridiculous at all. Lysacek beat Plushenko by 1.31 points. The base value of the jump that Plushenko omitted from his Free Skate was worth more than 1.31 points.
    But if he fell on that last jump the whole combo would have been hit with -3 in goe. He didn't have to fall- Ur and downgrade or step out or turnout. There had to be a reason why he never did a 3 jump combo the whole season. Maybe he couldn't. After all in Vancouver he was the only one who did quad triples and triple axels and level 4 spins. Falling or uring a final jump in a three jump combo was a possibility. And then its still double loop means more than quad triple?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Ok, so I lied about having one last post on the subject. However, I couldn't let this one go.

First, without a copy of the Yahoo sport poll to show us, it's hard to take your word for it since the neutrality of your arguments are a little suspect (like the Wikipedia article you cited).

So, I quickly skimmed through the footnotes section, and I could not find any sources to indicate that German, Dutch, Swiss, Italian, Mexican, Chinese experts disagreed with Evan's victory or found his score to be out of the ordinary. The article only has quotes from a select few Russian media outlets. The only line that was somewhat close to indicating that was, "Plushenko's short program drew much praise from the International press which hailed him as the 'King' of figure skating who had returned . . ." which does not indicate at all that they thought Lysaceck's Short Program score was wrong. It only praised Plushenko's performance. However, even that quote is only supported by two articles. One a Japan Times article whose link no longer works, and an article from the New York Daily News. The NY Daily News article didn't say anything about Lysacek's score. It only talked about Plushenko being in first place after the short without any mention about it being wrong that the scores were so close.

Anyway, even if you were cite to examples of international media saying Lysaceck's SP score was wrong, that would not mean that there was international consensus and outcry about it. It just means you found an example of someone from another country who strongly disagreed with the score. I am sure you could find others from those same countries who did not think anything was wrong with the scores.
    Even if you believe everything Lala says it's false or the interpretation is wrong than what about all the isu changes to men's skating requirements and point changes and rule changes? There was an obvious theme going on there. Elimination of step sequences and quads worth 10.3 and other things. All those changes were Irrelevent to Vancouver? The reaction to the winner? Eliminating 3 Olympics of progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post

But if he fell on that last jump the whole combo would have been hit with -3 in goe. He didn't have to fall- Ur and downgrade or step out or turnout. There had to be a reason why he never did a 3 jump combo the whole season. Maybe he couldn't. After all in Vancouver he was the only one who did quad triples and triple axels and level 4 spins. Falling or uring a final jump in a three jump combo was a possibility. And then its still double loop means more than quad triple?
    So Plushenko made the strategic decision to omit a double jump. No different than Lysacek making the strategic decision to omit the quad. In the end, Lysacek completed one more jump element than Plushenko and won by 1.31 points.

vCash
    Still working on that time machine casey????? Good grief, this will be another Nancy/Oksana, S and P/B and S saga, it will never go away.

I still say Plushenko was vanquished by his and Mishin's own arrogance in thinking that a 2006 COP program would work in 2010. Maybe what COP was then was to the taste of some, but that's what it was. Evan played to the existing COP. Evgeny believed he had gold as long as he was clean, which he barely was (oh my, some of those jumps landings...) He was wrong.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Even if you believe everything Lala says it's false or the interpretation is wrong than what about all the isu changes to men's skating requirements and point changes and rule changes? There was an obvious theme going on there. Elimination of step sequences and quads worth 10.3 and other things. All those changes were Irrelevent to Vancouver? The reaction to the winner? Eliminating 3 Olympics of progress?
    That may be because the ISU wanted to change direction and emphasize the Quad again since skating has had a lot more mileage under the Code and skaters grew up or learned to adapt to what the ISU wanted the skaters to focus on (footwork, transitions, spin positions, quality, etc.).

However, that does not mean the ISU thought that Lysacek's win was in any way illegitimate. Remember that the ISU changed the rules after Torino as well. Does that mean Plushenko, Arakawa, Totmianina/Marinin, and Navka/Kostomorov's wins were illegitimate? No, of course not. About Vancouver, they also changed the value of the 3 Axel, changed the weight of GOEs, and limited the amount of double axels. Was that the ISU's way of saying Yu Na Kim's win was illegitimate? No. It just means that skaters succeeded under the scoring system, but the ISU felt it needed to be tweaked again to fix things that it didn't like. Not liking the way the scoring system is rewarding things is totally different from saying Lysacek was not a deserving winner.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    the whole post...
    So do you think I'm lying? I'm angry!!! I love Plushenko, but I'm not lying because of him!!!! Never! Do you understand??? Never!!!
    What I wrote that is true! The wiki's page is interesting and I read it again some month ago, maybe it has changed, but I didn't say you will find the european articles of this matter. I have no time to find all the info what I read after Vancouver and during a few months .

And you don't get me wrong, I admire Evan, he did his best that night, and Evan is the winner, what will never change. I just wanted to show another side of the story, what the American media never mentioned. Why?
    And that is shame on the American media, on the american experts, what they did with Plushy when he announced that he will return. They began a campaign against him. They perfectly knew he will be a real contender. And what happened before and after Vancouver was a brainwashing. Plushy became only a jumper, they forgot his results, his scores, his artistic side. But this is one of the realities: http://www.kingonice.com/evgeni6-0.htm
    I read many American comments on youtube, they didn't know about Plushy's career anything! All poster repeated totally false and similar things, probably what they read in american mainstream media.

Read this page. Very interesting ! http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...art=170#p11006

I found only this http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/se...yahoo&start=90 the voting on Yahoo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elise-..._b_467839.html read it! this is what I'm talking about..shame on American media...
    Last edited by lala; 09-27-2013 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadruple_jump_controversy

I know german, duch, french, swiss, italian, mexican, chinese, of course russian news and experts disagreed Evan's victory. I followed every moments in this matter, you believe me.
    (And maybe you know, on Yahoo sport was a poll inmediateli after the competition ,and Plushenko won 70/30 %.)
    Is that just me? I saw such statement"becoming the first man since 1994 to win the Olympic title without doing a quadruple jump.", "Tied with Plushenko artistically (both scored 82.80 for program components)" from that page, I just had no more interest to read the article fully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    I was waiting for Inman to send letters about other skaters too, but they did not appear. Unlike USA, in Europe FS is still popular and Mr Inman's letter did not have a positive impact on its popularity.
    Just like when people talked about 6.0 footwork, they like to take Yagudin as an example. They are the representative person, you should be proud of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Is that just me? I saw such statement"becoming the first man since 1994 to win the Olympic title without doing a quadruple jump.", "Tied with Plushenko artistically (both scored 82.80 for program components)" from that page, I just had no more interest to read the article fully.
    and again

vCash
    and again
    I know you are not the person to understand what I was talking about. But thanks for your reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I know you are not the person to understand what I was talking about. But thanks for your reply.
    I don't want to argue with you Unicorn..You hate Plush because you are a devoted fan of Yag.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    Ummm... love you all... but this thread is about Evan Lysacek, and whether or not he will be skating this season.

There is already a Plushy thread. Can we talk about Plushy there?

vCash
    I don't want to argue with you Unicorn..You hate Plush because you are a devoted fan of Yag.
    You were scared, come on, You are a fighter, . I take it as there's something in my posts you don't like to see.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast