vCash

Russian pair skater Alexander Zaboev Seeks Estonia Switch for Sochi Dream

RIA Novosti article in English: http://en.ria.ru/sochi2014/20131004/...chi-Dream.html
    Excerpt:
    Yekaterinburg-born Zaboev, 24, has been skating with Estonia’s Natalja Zabijako since October 2012 and the pair managed to qualify for the Olympics after taking ninth place at the Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany last month.

“I want to get Estonian citizenship not only to participate in Sochi, but to continue represent the country in the future,” Zaboev said on Estonian TV. “I want to represent Estonia and contribute to the development of figure skating in this country.”
    The Estonian figure skating federation has already petitioned the government to fast-track Zaboev's application “for special merits,” and a final decision is expected by January 11.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Oh, that's cutting it close. I hope he gets it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy