Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    (((kiira))) Hoping her quick and full recovery.

I love this tweet. Love her.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it. -Lou Holtz #positiveattitude #notgivingup #achillestendontear
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

vCash
    Poor Kiira

vCash
    This is just do wrong. She has been injured so often, has came back with a fighting attitude. But this is hard for her, hard for Juulia Turkkila, who now fights for the Olympic place and has lots of pressure in her shoulders.
    Korpi has never been able to show her true potential. FS in Moscow GP last year was near that. It would be wonderful to see the current, artistically matured Korpi to skate one competition without injuries. She deserves it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    My sympathies.

Achilles tendon injuries are the worst, and in some cases career ending (e.g. Sarah Abitbol). The only successful comeback from such an injury I can recall is Hongbo Zhao. He's the exception to the rule. Jmho.

Best of luck to Kiira and Finland.

Evan Bates, and to an extent, Surya Bonaly.

vCash
    That's really unfortunate. How about go to Hongbo's doctor/rehab team? I read that they "stitched" Hongbo's completely ruptured Achilles tendon which made it stronger than before the injury. But not sure if it would work just as well for singles. Pairs just need three sets of jumps. The good thing is that she hurt her left foot, not the toe-picking/landing foot. or is she a counter rotator? Can't remember. But it's really too bad. I just started liking her skating this past season and now this. Wish her a speedy recovery!

vCash
    I wonder who will replace Kiira at Skate Canada, since she has been crossed off the list of competitors...?
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfanfun View Post
    That's really unfortunate. How about go to Hongbo's doctor/rehab team? I read that they "stitched" Hongbo's completely ruptured Achilles tendon which made it stronger than before the injury. But not sure if it would work just as well for singles. Pairs just need three sets of jumps. The good thing is that she hurt her left foot, not the toe-picking/landing foot. or is she a counter rotator? Can't remember. But it's really too bad. I just started liking her skating this past season and now this. Wish her a speedy recovery!
    It may not be her landing leg, but it's the picking leg for toe-loop, take off leg for salchow and axel, is the skating leg on the flip and lutz, and the take off leg for any flying spin bar maybe an arabian entrance, and the spinning leg for any forward spin....it is likely better thana n injury to her landing leg, but will still seriously impede her skating, though she would probably get the triple loop back quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    It may not be her landing leg, but it's the picking leg for toe-loop, take off leg for salchow and axel, is the skating leg on the flip and lutz, and the take off leg for any flying spin bar maybe an arabian entrance, and the spinning leg for any forward spin.
    Straightening your spinning leg on a torn Achilles for forward camels would be torture .

vCash
    This is horrible news and awful luck. I would think that anything that involves your feet and legs would be excruciatingly painful. I sure wish her luck
    DH - and that's just my opinion

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I wonder who will replace Kiira at Skate Canada, since she has been crossed off the list of competitors...?
    She should be chosen by Skate Canada from the Top Five on the substitutions list, as described in the GP Announcement:
    • Imai (RC)
    • Popova (none)
    • Zhang (CoC)
    • Lacoste -- N/A, already at Skate Canada
    • Gosviani (RC)

There may also be the possibility the comeback skaters can be added after the spring deadline for initial selections, since, in the past, split couples that got together after the deadline may have, in which case, maybe Ando, since the Japanese Fed is making an exception for her to compete at Nebelhorn.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 09-19-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Kiira just tweeted on Twitter:
    "This is the week that my rehab starts to get a little more intense. No surgery needed, yess!!"

vCash
    ^^ Good news!

vCash
    Happy Birthday, Kiira!!!
    25 today!

vCash
    A bittersweet birthday, with the hopes of the Olympic place crushed.

vCash
    ^^ Indeed.

Happy Birthday to Kiira, get well soon!

vCash
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEE MOST GORGEOUS LADY IN FIGURE SKATING TODAY!

4-time Finnish National Champion, 3-time European Medalist, 2-time Olympian, not bad for a lady that's only a 1/4 century old today. And she's just getting started.

vCash
    Happy birthday to Kiira. Glad to hear that she won't need surgery, and wishing her successful rehab!

vCash
    Hyvää syntymäpäivää Kiira!!!

I wonder what her season will look like - First the injury, and now probably no chance to go to the Olympics, I wonder if we'll see her at all this year?

vCash
    Belated Happy Birthdays wishes to the lovely and luminous KIIRA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEE MOST GORGEOUS LADY IN FIGURE SKATING TODAY!

4-time Finnish National Champion, 3-time European Medalist, 2-time Olympian, not bad for a lady that's only a 1/4 century old today. And she's just getting started.
    Belated happy birthday to one of the most beautiful figure skaters, Kiira.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast