Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    How incredibly frustrating! I hope she gets better quickly.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    What about the GP? Kiira probably won't be ready for Skate Canada in less than 6 weeks.

vCash
    My sympathies.

Achilles tendon injuries are the worst, and in some cases career ending (e.g. Sarah Abitbol). The only successful comeback from such an injury I can recall is Hongbo Zhao. He's the exception to the rule. Jmho.

Best of luck to Kiira and Finland.

vCash
    Via Google Translate:

Figure skater Kiira Korpi has suffered another setback. Korpi will have to leave at least the beginning of the season competitions between the Achilles tendon in his left leg was found to rupture. It is not yet known if injury requires surgery.

California farewell speech prepared Korpi was injured last week's exercises. Korpi felt a strong effort in the bet and the pain in the left leg calf. MRI scans revealed a partial tear in the left leg of the Achilles tendon.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    So sorry to hear this. Wishing Kiira the best and praying she has a complete recovery.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Poor girl just never seems to catch a break. This is terrible timing (not that there is ever a good time for a partial achilles tear), but I hope she'll still come back regardless of what happens at Nebelhorn and have a strong season.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    It says on the fed's website that she will miss at least the first competitions of the season, which I assume will include the GPs too.

And honestly, when you're looking like this and you've already had a lot of injury troubles before, it surely doesn't sound too good for the rest of the season either. Especially if she's going to need surgery. I'm glad she herself is optimistic.

ETA: On some sports article about achilles tendons it mentioned that injuries like this may take up to 6-9 months to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Poor girl just never seems to catch a break.
    This. Has any other top level skater had as many injuries as her?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I just hope she will be able to fully recover and end her career on a high note, whether it is this season or next season, doesn't matter. I hope this doesn't force her to retire like Laura. That would be so sad

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't know if she'd be ready for the Olympics, but this leaves Turkkilla and either Rantanen or Kuparinen to earn a Ladies spot for Finland at Nebelhorn. 29 countries vie for six spots. Usually one or two qualifying countries are not sent by the NOC, and qualifying 7th or even 8th might be a nail-biter, but could mean an Olympic spot.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Poor girl just never seems to catch a break. This is terrible timing (not that there is ever a good time for a partial achilles tear), but I hope she'll still come back regardless of what happens at Nebelhorn and have a strong season.
    That's what I was thinking. Feel sorry for her, it has to be discouraging

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    And honestly, when you're looking like this and you've already had a lot of injury troubles before, it surely doesn't sound too good for the rest of the season either. Especially if she's going to need surgery. I'm glad she herself is optimistic.

Wow, even on crutches with her foot in a cast, she is unbelievably beautiful. Of course , I wish her a speedy recovery.

vCash
    I'm not even a fan but gosh, this poor woman has been through enough. I'm sure she has her down moments but she keeps them private; she seems to have a great attitude and a lot of determination. I wish her well.

vCash
    Damn Im so bummed about these news. Ive always loved Kiira skating when she's on (rarely I Know). Must be so frustrating and now what about Turkkila? She'll have to fight for a spot she's not even sure she would get in case Kiira recovers.

vCash

Go Kiira !

:love:

vCash
    I am soo sorry. Am looking forward to her skating. It must be disappointing considering it's Olympic season. Heal well and fast Kiira. I still hope to see you skating soon.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    NOOO. NO NO NO.

DAMN IT Why her? Again? And an Achilles tendon to boot. Damn. It.

I can only imagine how tough and deflating this news must have been to her, on an Olympic season non the less. And yet she tweets about not giving up and taking what life gives you in stride????

#TrueInspiration #RoleModel #ToughAsNails #Class #InKiiraIBelieve

vCash
    I cannot imagine how horrible this must be for her, to have torn the Achilles twice?

vCash
    The olympics would definitely not be as interesting without her

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't know how she can come back from a complete rupture by February. That seems impossible.

ETA: I see it was a partial tear, the article first uses the word rupture but it is probably a translation error.

The problem with a partial tear is that it will not hold up to Olympic level training. She will probably need surgery for it to hold but will she have time to recover and get back to training?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast