View Poll Results: Have you ever seriously wished (a) certain skater(s) to fall/fail?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course!

99 78.57%
  • Only once ...

3 2.38%
  • No! Never!

10 7.94%
  • Won't tell ...

10 7.94%
  • Other! Other?

4 3.17%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    As a former skater who sustained numerous and several severe injuries with fractures and internal organ contusions as a result of falls while skating, my response is a resounding, "NO."

Any other response would be very questionable, IMHO, as very serious injuries can result. Skating and pair skating can be extremely dangerous.
    Yup, it is a cruel sport. Elite singles and pairs skating forces one to flirt with career ending injuries lurking on every corner. When a serious hip, spinal or major tendon injury hits, it usually ends up another one biting the dust.

That said, I admit the poll result is not a surprise to me. Secretly wishing one to fall? No big deal. It’s not even a sin, compared to this kind: I saw at 2009 TEB ladies FS a bunch of humungous sunflowers, kernels and petals unwrapped, thrown on the ice after Asada’s skate, while Nakano and Kim still in queue waiting for their turns. Just how often does one get to see sunflowers thrown on the ice?

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Oh I forgot Chan. I hate to wish this on anyone but he is not who I want to see win big events so I have to root for 7 falls from him each time, as with 6 or less he is a lock to be given gold by the judges each time. Given that his main competitors currently are slightly inconsistent too, sometimes I need to root for 9 assuming they might have 2.
    He's a lock to win with 10 falls. So, I guess, since COP and bias, we're all out of luck. Too bad most skaters cannot fall as artistically as Patrick...otherwise, the judges wouldn't know which hapless, ridicuous skater to send the medal to! Everyone has bad days, and a CLEAN Chan is a thing of beauty! Sadly, he rarely skates clean anymore, and continues to be rewarded for completely wretched skates! (Worlds 2013 immediately comes to mind..)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I have not ever wished a skater to fall, but there are times I have been glad when they did.
    Me too. Way too much bad karma to wish that kind of thing.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Oh I forgot Chan. I hate to wish this on anyone but he is not who I want to see win big events so I have to root for 7 falls from him each time, as with 6 or less he is a lock to be given gold by the judges each time. Given that his main competitors currently are slightly inconsistent too, sometimes I need to root for 9 assuming they might have 2.
    Hanyu and Fernandez are not going to make Sochi that easy for Chan. I think/hope the Olympics are a game changer and the ISU and IOC will not be able to get away with allowing Chan to win Olympic gold with a 2013 Worlds LP performance unless everyone else bombs right along with him. If that is allowed to happen despite other skaters performing really well, then prepare to see a scandal unlike any other scandal in Olympic sports history. The ISU and the IOC know that they cannot allow anything like that to happen again in figure skating.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-07-2013 at 08:58 PM.

vCash
    No, I haven't wished a fall on any skater. However, I will admit to having fired Levitation Beams out of my eyes at the TV screen to keep favorite skaters of mine FROM falling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234