Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    she may be a mean girl but i love this yellow dress
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I hope those allegations aren't true. NY seems like a nice person and her Bollywood was pretty awesome.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    I thought Texas always won? Or is that another one?? I don't usually watch these much..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    If it was true, I'm guessing one of those bobby pins ended up drawing blood!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Florida must have watered down her routine because I can't figure out how in the world she injured her knee when she barely moved from one area during that entire routine (which was great aside from the lack of movement), LOL
    You can see part of the original routine and her fall here.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I'm deeply ashamed of the fact that these racist detractors are also (supposedly) American.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...woman?s=mobile

vCash
    That's appalling. I'm glad these asses are being named and shamed.

vCash
    That really is an utter shame. People really need to dig their heads out of their behinds and realize that the country has changed.
    Kyle

vCash
    Just looked at the photos. There was not a single beautiful woman. Miss Virginia is so so, the rest vary from `ok, nice, but why would she go to a beauty contest' to `who-ha, poor girl!'.

Another impression is that the orthodontists are doing a lousy job....

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Just looked at the photos. There was not a single beautiful woman. Miss Virginia is so so, the rest vary from `ok, nice, but why would she go to a beauty contest' to `who-ha, poor girl!'.

the better looking girls go to miss usa not miss america. there they dont have to pretend to have a talent.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    the better looking girls go to miss usa not miss america. there they dont have to pretend to have a talent.
    Some of the girls last night did have talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post

Maybe, but I think Miss America represented real American women. Miss USA represents those who want to have careers in the entertainment industry. I enjoy both platforms-- you just have to know which one is better for you if you are planning to compete.

And let's be honest here-- Miss America 2013 *is* pageant fat. I don't have an issue with it-- In fact, I think that her being a little less than pageant ready is an amazing message to send to the public. She is still very beautiful. And although I am not a huge fan of Miss America as a pageant, I was pleasantly surprised. For me, the title was between New York and Minnesota. Not sure why Minnesota was so low considering her talent was by far the best of the night. Miss California-- though local for me-- was a wall flower in the competition. Glad she did well for my home state, but was just 'meh' about her.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    I'm deeply ashamed of the fact that these racist detractors are also (supposedly) American.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...woman?s=mobile
    They are not 'real' Americans if they think being white/caucasian represents America.

I have not read this particular thread, but I read a few other comments on twitter.

Some of them said she represented a win for Al Queda (when did Indian heritage have any connection with Al Queda?). Someone called her 'Arab' because of her dark skin. One said Miss Kansas should have won because she represented real America (because she is white?). Some called her a terrorist. One said she was not born in the USA (actually she was- sound familiar?).

There were a lot more ignorant tweets. It's embarrassing to see the (low) level of ignorance and tolerance in our country.

Had Miss California won, I wonder how these tweets would have been slanted? They would have found something against someone with oriental roots (may be called her North Korean terrorist?)

vCash
    Miss America 2014 has a lot of qualities one can admire. Haters saw only her skin color.

"The 24-year-old Fayetteville, New York, native was on the dean's list and earned the Michigan Merit Award and National Honor Society nods while studying at the University of Michigan, where she graduated with a degree in brain behavior and cognitive science."

"Her father, who emigrated from India 30 years ago, is a gynecologist, and Davuluri said she'd like to become a physician one day as well."

"During her year as Miss America she will serve as spokesperson for STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) this year as she travels to Washington, D.C., to work with the Department of Education," according to a Miss America statement."

"She also is passionate about healthy lifestyles after battling obesity and bulimia when she was younger."

"Davuluri's platform was "Celebrating Diversity Through Cultural Competency." For the talent portion of the competition, she performed classic Indian dances fused with Bollywood moves.

She has studied the Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam styles of dance, and in preparation for the Miss America contest, she worked with famed Bollywood choreographer Nakul Dev Mahajan."

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    That's appalling. I'm glad these asses are being named and shamed.
    This. With the internet, you can't delete your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    That really is an utter shame. People really need to dig their heads out of their behinds and realize that the country has changed.
    Changed? Immigrants have been building this country from the very beginning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    This. With the internet, you can't delete your actions.

Changed? Immigrants have been building this country from the very beginning.
    The earlier immigrants were mostly caucasians. Now they come from many different parts of the world. In that sense it has changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    The earlier immigrants were mostly caucasians. Now they come from many different parts of the world. In that sense it has changed.
    And even among them there were 'better' immigrants and those who should be kept out. The ridiculous prejudices and discrimination have been around since the beginning, it seems.

vCash
    My favorite was "Um she's Indian, no disrespect but this is America". The irony of the statement made me

And really, I didn't know that being in the military, having tattoos, and hunting made you a real American. I do none of those things, I must be an Arab Indian terrorist

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Africans were sold into slavery here, and Chinese were brought over to build the railroads centuries ago. Yes, the influx of non-white immigrants has increased in modern times, but it isn't a new thing. The way kylet3 worded it, it seemed like it was a new thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Africans were sold into slavery here, and Chinese were brought over to build the railroads centuries ago. Yes, the influx of non-white immigrants has increased in modern times, but it isn't a new thing. The way kylet3 worded it, it seemed like it was a new thing.
    Actually in the last couple of presidential elections (particularly the most recent one) there was a lot of talk about how the demographics of voters are different now- even compared to the 1990's. Yes, the African slaves and the chinese laborers were there, but they were not given equal rights until relatively recently. So I don't think Kylet3 was that off in his/her remark.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast