Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Relevant excerpt from Icenetwork's Ladies SP article:
    The lesson of this article, which we already know so well, is that the evil Zueva can steal anyone away from anyone. Anyone! No Exceptions.

Ourishiav, that poor naive father figure , stood no chance against such all-encompassing evil.

The translation of this article is that Gracie will go to Carroll if Zueva permits it.

My prediction is that Gracie will win a Olympic medal of some color if she is willing to leave Max Aaron for Fedor Andreev.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 09-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.

vCash
    Sounds like Gracie's family bought into all the hype and they are pulling out all the stops to get an Olympic gold medal. Who knows - it might even work - stranger things have happened at the Olympics. All these last minute changes seem rather frantic to me - like they are looking for quick fixes. There will be enough pressure on her as it is - hopefully they don't burn her out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    The lesson of this article, which we already know, is that the evil Zueva can steal anyone away from anyone. Anyone! No Exceptions.

The translation of this article is that Gracie will go to Carroll if Zueva permits it.
    Really? The smiley face does not mask the castigating tone of your comment. What's your history with Zoueva to make you so insulting?.

Zoueva has been Gracie's choreographer for a few years now. The fact that she has had the opportunity to train in Canton alongside some of the top ice dancers in the world, while also continuing work with one of her long time coaches, Oleg Epstein, does not translate into Zoueva "stealing anyone... no exceptions" in my book.

If Zoueva "permits it" Really? Zoueva has her hands full with several top dance and pairs teams. I cannot imagine that she would have either the interest or capacity to take on the responsibility of coaching one of the most hyped prospects in ladies singles to the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Those two people would be pretty much my last choice as far as developing a skater's presentation is concerned.

Nichol has produced some very impressive work for Kostner but then it's Kostner. The vast majority of her other work is dull, interchangeable, safe and generic.
    Yes, I agree. However, perhaps Gold will and should go the all-jump-no-presentation route. If anything, Nichol is THE expert in getting the highest component scores for programs with no genuine expression. Why spend so much time and effort developing expression and performance (for which she obviously has no talent for) when you can fake it and make it?

Nichol has the chops but only bothers with few skaters, eg, Kwan and Kostner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Really? The smiley face does not mask the castigating tone of your comment. What's your history with Zoueva to make you so insulting?.

Zoueva has been Gracie's choreographer for a few years now. The fact that she has had the opportunity to train in Canton alongside some of the top ice dancers in the world, while also continuing work with one of her long time coaches, Oleg Epstein, does not translate into Zoueva "stealing anyone... no exceptions" in my book.

If Zoueva "permits it" Really? Zoueva has her hands full with several top dance and pairs teams. I cannot imagine that she would have either the interest or capacity to take on the responsibility of coaching one of the most hyped prospects in ladies singles to the Olympics.
    I thought I was being quite obviously tongue-in-cheek. I don't for a second think that Zueva or Carroll needs Gracie to enhance their career. Rather, Gracie has sought them out, and is willing to leave her extraordinarily devoted coach for them, because she thinks they are the best.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Disappointing news... I thought she was coming into her own just fine last season. I love her comments about how different it feels working every day with an ice dance coach, so then, why Carroll? The cynic in me says this is just a political move to improve PCS by having a name as a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Disappointing news... I thought she was coming into her own just fine last season. I love her comments about how different it feels working every day with an ice dance coach, so then, why Carroll? The cynic in me says this is just a political move to improve PCS by having a name as a coach.
    That's my read on it too. She wants an OGM (or an Olympic medal of any color) and it helps to have a famous, respected coach sitting next to her in the K&C. I feel sorry for the coach she left after he invested so many years in her development.

vCash
    Has Marina coached any elite single skaters? I am surprised to learn that Gracie is being coached by Marina this crucial Olympic year. I am not sure if Marina can help Gracie in jump techniques. Gracie also deserves a better choreography. When compare with Igor who is busier since their split....it's a big question how Marina will be after this Olympic year when D/W retire. She will have only one elite team, the Shibs. She might try to keep Gracie for that reason??

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    But is Ouriashev to blame for the windmilling, or Oleg Epstein?
    They are both to blame for not nipping it in the bud.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Those two people would be pretty much my last choice as far as developing a skater's presentation is concerned.

Nichol has produced some very impressive work for Kostner but then it's Kostner. The vast majority of her other work is dull, interchangeable, safe and generic.
    I don't get this argument. Koster has only developed her artistic side in the last 3-4 seasons. Before that, she was pretty much like Gracie: fast across the ice with big jumps and very weak presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    That's my read on it too. She wants an OGM (or an Olympic medal of any color) and it helps to have a famous, respected coach sitting next to her in the K&C. I feel sorry for the coach she left after he invested so many years in her development.
    Huh? Gracie moved to Ouriashev in fall 2010. It's not like she's been with him since she was 5 or 6. And it's not like Ouriashev is "Mr. Warm and Fuzzy" with this skaters, so in that regard I don't think it will be a big change if she does end up with Frank.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I don't get this argument. Koster has only developed her artistic side in the last 3-4 seasons. Before that, she was pretty much like Gracie: fast across the ice with big jumps and very weak presentation.
    IMO, Kostner had outstanding musicality from her senior debut in 2003. I don't think she's so much stronger artistically now as that she has cleaned up her jumps and doesn't make as many jarring mistakes (back then, she used to be wobbly and have step outs and hands down even on the jumps she landed).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    I would think someone like Frank Carroll would not stoop to "poaching."
    This. At his age and with his experience, he probably works with skaters he wants to work with (not with ones he "has" to work with to pay the bills) and with skaters who approach him, not the other way around.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Yes, Gracie needs work, but mostly better choreography, so why stay with Marina, that SP music and program she presumably gave her is horrendously horribly hideous.

But I agree it sounds like Evan is toast, so Frank might as well balance out his time with Dennis and have two skaters.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    IMO, Kostner had outstanding musicality from her senior debut in 2003.
    I guess we just have to disagree then.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Here is Gracie's new SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU_Qcg4ekMY
    I have to be honest, I don't find this a huge improvement compared to last year.

A choaching change at this point of the season seems very odd. If she really switched right after Champs Camp, maybe she got bad feedback there and simply panicked? It just all seems a little rushed ... I hope she knows what she is doing. We will probably never find out what really went on behind the scenes ...

vCash
    I'm afraid with this switching coaches so close to the new season that Gracie is just going to end up as another promising skater who didn't pan out because she was pressured to much to soon. She was developing at her own pace just fine but now it seems like people around her like her parents are pushing her to fast and she's going to end up as another burned out skater. I hope i'm wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post

Huh? Gracie moved to Ouriashev in fall 2010. It's not like she's been with him since she was 5 or 6. And it's not like Ouriashev is "Mr. Warm and Fuzzy" with this skaters, so in that regard I don't think it will be a big change if she does end up with Frank.
    You mean Frank is warm & fuzzy? That's news to me.

vCash
    That short is a frantic mess. I think she is entering what will prove to be a very difficult period. Her strong suit, the jumps, seems in danger of failing her. Let's just hope she does't get stuck in a difficult time the way Mirai unfortunately has or proves to be a flash in the pan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    I have to be honest, I don't find this a huge improvement compared to last year.
    It is a little frantic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post

A choaching change at this point of the season seems very odd. If she really switched right after Champs Camp, maybe she got bad feedback there and simply panicked? It just all seems a little rushed ... I hope she knows what she is doing. We will probably never find out what really went on behind the scenes ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I'm afraid with this switching coaches so close to the new season that Gracie is just going to end up as another promising skater who didn't pan out because she was pressured to much to soon. She was developing at her own pace just fine but now it seems like people around her like her parents are pushing her to fast and she's going to end up as another burned out skater. I hope i'm wrong.
    It's still early in the season. It too early to see any improvement. Switching coaches in the Olympic season has worked for some and not worked for others. One thing is for sure- Gracie will benefit from Frank's reputation when it comes to PCS marks.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast