Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Can't believe people are still harping on about Gracie here.

In person, at Skate Canada, the SP music did grate, but the program itself was quite good, not to mention the skating itself. Yes, her jumps may not have been as high, and her speed not as fast as before, but her overall presentation has improved so much in such a short time. The Carroll influence really shows. She's now skating in a more traditional, conservative way (just as how Nagasu and Kostner looked under Carroll), her posture and carriage has improved substantially, and she projects further, and more confidently, into the audience, conveying security, stability, and solidity. All things I'd never sensed from her before. It's like she was too nervous to breathe before, while now she's actually learned to take a deep breath and hold her back up in a less tense, stiff manner.

Looking forward to seeing her improve further over the season, not to mention gain the confidence she needs to peak this coming winter.

vCash
    I still would like to see a little more of that speed and power. It's her calling card but if she needs to reign it in to skate clean then it's worth it since she still is faster then most skaters. A podium finish here would be good since the competition is tough but skating clean is what she needs to do. Not just the SP or LP but both which she has yet to do internationally.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Her skating is all jumps and spins without much of anything else that is world-class. She will live and die in competition based on completion of her jumps and spins, and she will forever be trying to catch up in regard to PCS.

Let's see how NHK goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post

In person, at Skate Canada, the SP music did grate, but the program itself was quite good, not to mention the skating itself. Yes, her jumps may not have been as high, and her speed not as fast as before, but her overall presentation has improved so much in such a short time. The Carroll influence really shows. She's now skating in a more traditional, conservative way (just as how Nagasu and Kostner looked under Carroll), her posture and carriage has improved substantially, and she projects further, and more confidently, into the audience, conveying security, stability, and solidity. All things I'd never sensed from her before. It's like she was too nervous to breathe before, while now she's actually learned to take a deep breath and hold her back up in a less tense, stiff manner.

Looking forward to seeing her improve further over the season, not to mention gain the confidence she needs to peak this coming winter.
    Thanks for this!

vCash
    I know I am alone, but I actually like the music in the SP. It's not another "princess piano medley" As I said earlier, first we whine when they use music we have heard before and then we whine when they use something different from the stuff we hear every day. No win situation!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    If Butyrskaya could change and be consistent, anyone can. Gracie is still so young, stop bashing every single step she's taking! I'm embarrassed reading this thread and it's not the first time. You don't like her programs? Well, most of the programs these days are either dull as fiber cereal or totally unwatchable (and unlistenable). Tuk, Sot... Also young and in the same boat as GG. Those of you who dislike really talented Gracie so much that you're searching high and low for some nitpicky footnote to critize, get a life! Get a hobby, start collecting rocks or napkins or whatever. I know this is a discussion board, but it is getting ridiculous!
    Welcome to US Ladiezzz fandom. Where the sky is always falling, Lori Nichol reigns supreme, you're done at 16 and you're only as good as your last competition. {Insert USFS is holding up xyz and so and so was robbed in 1957 rehash number 666 here}

😝
    Last edited by Mayra; 11-07-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Michelle Kwan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post

I am not a Gracie fan but I definitely agree with this.

I 100% agree with her presentation being better. Everything you said was spot on. I do think she still needs to work on her arms; they're not as stiff but still a little stiff and flailing. I really don't care for the music in her SP but, once I turned it way down, the program is decent enough. I'd like to see some of the footwork reworked but it's okay as is for now. I didn't notice too much of a lack of speed. She covers the ice nicely and effortlessly and has a really nice flow. I agree she looked extremely relaxed and confident in the SP. The FS was another story...what you said about her not breathing appeared to be what was going on in the FS. She was tense from the very beginning and it showed.

Gracie has made improvements to her presentation (which was my main issue with her). It is going to take some time for her to get it together, assuming she can. Not everyone has the mental strength necessary to be that kind of competitor. We saw a flash of it at nationals last year but then again, she was skating from 9th place...the pressure is different when you're skating with the lead. We've seen it happen time and time again from a number of really excellent skaters. Sometimes the pressure of being in the lead is too much. We'll have to see if Gracie learns how to handle it...

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Last edited by Mayra; Today at 10:26 PM. Reason: Michelle Kwan
    Not Tenley Albright? . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Welcome to US Ladiezzz fandom. Where the sky is always falling, Lori Nichol reigns supreme, you're done at 16 and you're only as good as your last competition. {Insert USFS is holding up xyz and so and so was robbed in 1957 rehash number 666 here}

��

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Really? People, especially seasoned posters are shocked that others STILL complain about Gracie???!!! For crying out loud, people still complain about Tara's Olympic win in Nagano when some of current top ladies were toddlers. People will continue to complain about all and any skater, otherwise this place might as well shut down.

Oh and what Mayra said.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^^
    You aren't alone!

vCash
    For a sport that has just 3 and 4 minute windows of time with unique circumstances every time/event, it seems so wildly unrealistic to judge the fate of a season based on single performances. I suppose it's worse in some other sports, but still.

vCash
    Karpenko!!

Gracie ubers should now be known as GOLD DIGGERS, lol!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    It needed to be said... how much more obvious of a pun can you get?

No Kanye, I'ma not let you finish and I don't care about your song

vCash
    I'm a proud Gold Digger! Wishing Gracie the best of luck at the NHK Trophy tomorrow and Saturday.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Gracie missed her combination and her 3loop was not stellar. The music seems better suited to an exhibition, experimental or show number. The costume wears her, not the other way around, and her PCS are not near the 8+ she would need to be in contention for medals at Worlds or Olympics. I was not blown away.

vCash
    She was much better at SC but at least she's in contention for a medal. She's tied with Elena right now so she has a shot to get on the podium. I'd bet more money on Elena having a better skate than Gracie though...then again, b/c Gracie is down in 4th, maybe she'll skate better than she did at SC when she had to skate with the lead...less pressure and all. BUT she will need to show up if she wants to get on that podium b/c Elena is a competitor/fighter and will definitely go for it in the FS.

vCash
    She got lucky to receive full marks for the 3loop.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Title-less
    vCash
    When I watched her practice at SLC seome of her triples were borderline. She needs to keep an eye on that. Wouldnt be good if her improvtement in ppresentation is at the expense of her tes

Eta I enjoy both her programs this season
    Last edited by jlai; 11-08-2013 at 06:48 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I know I am alone, but I actually like the music in the SP.
    I really like it. I think it is expressive and creates a mood and suits her very well. It is not the best arrangement of it I have ever heard but that is true of most of the music I hear at any given comp.

We enjoy the music but come on. They could all go out and skate to metronomes and the placements would all be the same.
    Last edited by my little pony; 11-08-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast