Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Beyond the horrendous music and horrible program overall, Gracie's jumps did look lower than usual and slower too. I thought it might been the camera angle, but I guess not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Beyond the horrendous music and horrible program overall, Gracie's jumps did look lower than usual and slower too. I thought it might been the camera angle, but I guess not.
    The program is awful. Still so frantic with so much arm movement. I feel slightly out of breath just watching it.

I don't think she has visibly lost weight and I doubt she was told to.

vCash
    It is beginning to seem like there is nothing that Gracie is going to be able to do to stop you guys from ripping her to shreds. When she was a fresh face, it seemed like everyone here wanted the other ladies to look up to her. Now that she is a challenger for major titles, everyone is only interested in crushing her spirits. Her program might not be everyones taste but it is a challenging endeavor and preference aside, it's not bad. How about kudos to her for taking on something so difficult and NOT using overused music? Guess you guys did not notice. Also, i'm impressed that with all the changes over the past year that she was able to do so well. Sylvia posted a comment about what Frank said regarding Gracie's confidence. If indeed her confidence is lacking, I sure hope like hell she does not read what the people here say about her. Seriously, lets give her a chance over the next few years.

And the next time i bash a skater, nobody better remind me of defending Gracie LOL. kidding

vCash
    Same ole same ole from GG at SC. Like I said it's the *skater*, not the coach, that does all the work out there. Either you have the mindset of a champion (ala Michelle Kwan) or you don't.

Sad to see, as this young lady has all the things to be great, just not now imho. After the Olympics, when the pressure is off, I can literally see her soaring!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Same ole same ole from GG at SC. Like I said it's the *skater*, not the coach, that does all the work out there. Either you have the mindset of a champion (ala Michelle Kwan) or you don't.

Sad to see, as this young lady has all the things to be great, just not now imho. After the Olympics, when the pressure is off, I can literally see her soaring!
    Everything is that simple, huh? Clearly, there is no way Gracie can improve from Skate Canada. I love how people make judgments at the beginning of the season and write people off (not). I thought this was solid start to Gracie's season, all things considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post

However, GG held it together reasonably well under the pressure of the '13 Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sjs5572 View Post
    However, GG held it together reasonably well under the pressure of the '13 Worlds.
    But this is the 4th time since she turned Senior last season that she had a lead after the SP and gave it up. That's a habit that needs to be broken as soon as possible. Champions want it so bad they don't let their nerves control them and that can't be taught.

vCash
    I hope Gracie never reads any of these dire predictions about her future!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Kostner had to do simpler jumps a couple years ago so she could be more consistent but i don't think she can do what Kim does clean.
    Kostner had to do simpler jumps a couple of years ago because she was injured. She slowly added them back when she could do them without re-injuring herself.

It probably helped her, though, to be able to concentrate on the jumps she could do.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    when i read these gg threads, it makes me feel like she must be competing against a bunch of katherine healy clones with 7 triples.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I hope Gracie never reads any of these dire predictions about her future!
    I agree...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    when i read these gg threads, it makes me feel like she must be competing against a bunch of katherine healy clones with 7 triples.
    So true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    But this is the 4th time since she turned Senior last season that she had a lead after the SP and gave it up. That's a habit that needs to be broken as soon as possible. Champions want it so bad they don't let their nerves control them and that can't be taught.
    Yes it can be taught. With a coach who knows how to teach it, a skater can develop good competition nerves. Just like beautiful arms, springy jumps, fast spins, and musical appreciation, everything can be taught and learned. Not everyone will be the best at everything (after all, the best by definition means one,) but no one arrives for their first skating lesson with all those skills inside them just waiting to burst out.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Lapinski,commentating at Skate Canada, said if Frank Carroll looked at a skater he could make them a champion. Silly comment on her part, she should know the coach makes a contribution but the skater has got to pull out all the stops and deliver the goods when the time comes. I think he's a great coach, one of the best, and that he could make important contributions to Gracie's development. She has alot to offer - just needs experience and confidence.

vCash
    "Go for the Gold" article on Gracie: http://www.teamusa.org/News/2013/Jan...ld-Gracie-Gold
    Excerpt:
    Carroll agreed that the biggest hurdle in coaching Gold is not in her technical abilities but with helping her maintain her confidence.

“I call her 'Gracie Warrior Princess,’” Carroll said. “I want her to be a warrior and not scared. It doesn't matter how much people tell you how wonderful you are — you have to believe it for yourself.”

Although Gold wasn’t as sharp in the free skate at Skate Canada as she was in the short program, she said was pleased to be leaving with a Grand Prix medal and was happy with the overall direction of her skating.

Carroll, too, left Saint John on a positive note.

“She needs to get tougher,” he said after her free skate. “We have work to do. But there was nothing devastating and there was nothing exciting about it.”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    warrior princess...

vCash
    Has Frank been watching Xena reruns?

vCash
    If Butyrskaya could change and be consistent, anyone can. Gracie is still so young, stop bashing every single step she's taking! I'm embarrassed reading this thread and it's not the first time. You don't like her programs? Well, most of the programs these days are either dull as fiber cereal or totally unwatchable (and unlistenable). Tuk, Sot... Also young and in the same boat as GG. Those of you who dislike really talented Gracie so much that you're searching high and low for some nitpicky footnote to critize, get a life! Get a hobby, start collecting rocks or napkins or whatever. I know this is a discussion board, but it is getting ridiculous!

vCash
    I loved that he calls her that. I also loved the ending bit They have a cute relationship and he is putting zero pressure on her, she's in extremely great hands IMHO! I think this is going to be a turning point year for her, she has to let go of all of the expectations being put on her though.

She is a very technically sound skater with a whole lot of packaging potential and she seems very likeable too. I dig her (does that make me a Gold-digger? )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    If Butyrskaya could change and be consistent, anyone can. Gracie is still so young, stop bashing every single step she's taking! I'm embarrassed reading this thread and it's not the first time. You don't like her programs? Well, most of the programs these days are either dull as fiber cereal or totally unwatchable (and unlistenable). Tuk, Sot... Also young and in the same boat as GG. Those of you who dislike really talented Gracie so much that you're searching high and low for some nitpicky footnote to critize, get a life! Get a hobby, start collecting rocks or napkins or whatever. I know this is a discussion board, but it is getting ridiculous!
    What a great post -- I totally agree with you!!

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast