Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash
    Speaking of Gracie's lp, I just realized USFS twitter mentioned a big ovation for her free skate. How on earth did I miss that?

(That said, I think her long program was a lot better choreographic-wise than last year's, and the one last year was better than the one in 2012)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Could someone please translate #259 into English?
    I think it may be tongue-in-cheek...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerobicidal View Post
    Her programs last year totally made me think she needed to moveON.org to a new coach. I was all, #getanewchoreographerGURL. But the new Zueva programs are kind of yahoo.com/#http://OMGWTF.gov, so hopefully Frank "NOnonsense.edu" Carroll will bring back her #mojo and she will serve FIERCEnessness.ca at Nationals and #sochiolympicgamez2014.
    Since this is a safe place to express one's opinion and self, I would like to say that this is frickin' brilliant.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Back to G. Gold...... her arms in the programs are reminiscent of a wacky, inflatable blow up man in front of a car dealership.
    Okay, ya' gotta admit that's a hilarious image! (Although I think Evan fits the description even better.)
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    If one or two of Gold´s parents are part of her team = involved with the coaching, I sure hope that Carroll will drop her like a hot potato..., LOL. He had enough of that with Danny Kwan, huh, in my opinion.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    If one or two of Gold´s parents are part of her team = involved with the coaching, I sure hope that Carroll will drop her like a hot potato..., LOL. He had enough of that with Danny Kwan, huh, in my opinion.
    And don't forget he also had Tiffany Chin and her Mom for awhile.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Her programs last year totally made me think she needed to moveON.org to a new coach. I was all, #getanewchoreographerGURL. But the new Zueva programs are kind of yahoo.com/#http://OMGWTF.gov, so hopefully Frank "NOnonsense.edu" Carroll will bring back her #mojo and she will serve FIERCEnessness.ca at Nationals and #sochiolympicgamez2014.
    Thank you. I had deep belly laughter at all these internet, twitter and RuPaul references. Translation not needed.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    LOL, I like this. I used to have a co-worker (she was a temp) who talked like this and it rubbed off on me. Just about every sentence we would say to one another would have a hash tag or a web address reference. I always thought she was so clever and so funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    If one or two of Gold´s parents are part of her team = involved with the coaching, I sure hope that Carroll will drop her like a hot potato..., .
    Oh please, what parent of an elite skater is not "involved with the coaching" to some degree? Who do you think is paying the bills? Of course they have questions, concerns, comments, etc. about the coaching.

and I would think it's their daughter's general welfare they're concerned about, not the day to day nitty gritty of coaching as you imply.

vCash
    It's been about a week, hasn't it? We should be getting a press statement or something soon ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Oh please, what parent of an elite skater is not "involved with the coaching" to some degree? Who do you think is paying the bills? Of course they have questions, concerns, comments, etc. about the coaching.

and I would think it's their daughter's general welfare they're concerned about, not the day to day nitty gritty of coaching as you imply.
    Right. Also, Frank Carroll had positive things to say about Danny Kwan. If there were some mistakes Danny may have made, Carroll brushed it off as Danny having nothing but the best intentions for Michelle and that they were choices every parent could have made. All of that is part of the territory when you are coaching a young athlete.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    It's been about a week, hasn't it? We should be getting a press statement or something soon ...
    LOL, I was coming to say the same thing. The GP season CAN NOT start soon enough!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post

In my opinion Danny´s interference with the boots cost Michelle one National title and one Worlds title. And his advice to her in Nagano cost her an Olympic gold medal. It would not suprise me at all, if it was dad´s idea to compete in SLC without a coach, which cost her to lose the OG the second time...

I think that generally speaking parents are in a difficult position as they pay the bills, but still they should leave all the matters concerning the skating of an elite skater to the coach they are paying so much money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    That's news to me too. I guess some people preferred him as the Hunchback of USFSA.
    He didn't have to go to another coach to solve the hunchback problem. And then, of course, Frank did fire him which must have hurt and embarrassed Timothy.

vCash
    Where is her sister in all this? No matter how close she is to Gracie or how supportive, sibling rivalry exist (perhaps, unconsciously), and the willingness to defer to Gracie, which seems to be the case, is not a good situation imo. I wish a Serena/ Venus situation would develop. That would be fun for fs. The sister is like a fly in a car, with Gracie being the car, and going wherever Gracie decides to drive.

vCash
    Carly Gold came very close to qualifying for her first Nationals in Senior last year -- 5th at Midwestern Sectionals and first alternate from that section. They are at different levels/have different goals in their skating.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    My take is that if Gracie moves far from home, it is good if she has a support system, and her sister, who is also a skater, would be good support.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 09-21-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Get Me To A Coach In Time (to the tune of "Get Me to the Church In Time" from "My Fair Lady") Dedicated to JJH

Gracie Gold: I'm gettin' ready for the 'lympics
    Ding! Dong! A medal could be mine!
    Show my detractors
    My placement factors
    Just get me to a coach in time!

I'll be in Sochi in the winter,
    Skates laced and jumpin' mighty fine!
    Steps by Zoueva,
    My arms 'll wave, yeah,

If I'm just lipping, it hurts my score,
    But if I'm slipping... Whew! is my ass sore!

'Cause I'm gettin' ready for the 'lympics,
    Ding! Dong! My music is a crime!
    Look at my combo:
    Three lutz and three toe!
    For God's sake get me to a coach in time!

NBC Commentators:
    She's gettin' ready for the 'lympics,
    See how our viewership will climb!
    Gracie: Ballet or Gershwin,
    Judges 'll give in,
    All: Just get her to a coach in in time!
    Gracie: Least ain't no tango,
    Or soundtrack of "Django,"
    All: Just get her to a coach in time!

NBC Commentators: She'll be in Sochi in the winter,
    And we will air it in prime-time
    Gracie: They think I can win,
    Forgot Yu-Na Kim,
    NBC Commentators: Just get her to a coach in time!

Gracie: Maybe Frank Carroll
    Can calm me down,
    For a gold medal,
    And a national crown!

NBC Commentators: For she's getting ready for the 'lympics,
    Third place is not good for a dime!
    We'll show that Putin,
    whose horn we're tootin'
    Just get her to a coach...
    Gracie: Get me to a coach...
    All: For God's sake, get her to a coach in time!!!

With apologies to Alan Jay Lerner
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I bow to thee!!!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Peibeck, just wow!

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast