Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Very true but according to TSL, the decision was made long ago to the point they already know someone will have to travel with Gracie to NHK b/c Frank will be busy. Usually, I wouldn't pay attention to the hearsay but considering TSL had the info about the Frank/Gracie thing weeks before anything was said in the media, I'm inclined to believe them.
    Even if TSL is right and the decision was made, the decision that was made THEN could have been different or even limited involvement from Frank and/or his team. A certain amount of the decision-making process had to happen *after* Gracie and Frank started working together (and perhaps Carly too).

I'll reserve judgment. No need to rush what doesn't need to be rushed. We, as the consuming public, are so used to having instant information, I think it actually ends up getting in the way a great deal of time and muddying the waters. I'd rather have the correct and accurate information from the horse's mouth when the time comes, then a bunch of speculation. But the speculation can make things fun -- especially in the off-season.

O-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    But the speculation can make things fun -- especially in the off-season.

O-
    Good GOD the season can't start soon enough!!

vCash
    Okay, here's a question:

Once the announcement is made about Frank becoming Gracie's coach (assuming there will be one), does that mean we should expect some kind of statement about Evan soon after?

vCash
    I'll reserve judgment. No need to rush what doesn't need to be rushed. We, as the consuming public, are so used to having instant information, I think it actually ends up getting in the way a great deal of time and muddying the waters.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    These skaters can't win. Fans bitch if they don't say anything and they bitch if they do.

vCash
    .... Gracie said, "I think we'll make an announcement ..." [emphasis added.] ....
    O-
    LOL, I guess that they're waiting for NBC to contact Bank of America to wire the moolah!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I think coaches will now be very reserved about talking to TSL if they are going to keep mouthing off on what are intended (at the time) to be private arrangements/tryouts with skaters.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Okay, here's a question:

Once the announcement is made about Frank becoming Gracie's coach (assuming there will be one), does that mean we should expect some kind of statement about Evan soon after?
    One would think..if, in fact, Frank turned down Ashley because he didn't have the time..Obviously, he has the time now.
    Last edited by kwanette; 09-25-2013 at 01:27 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    to be fair, we never really know the reason why someone is turned down, just the reason that is provided
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I think coaches will now be very reserved about talking to TSL if they are going to keep mouthing off on what are intended (at the time) to be private arrangements/tryouts with skaters.
    How private is this tryout? Someone was always going to find out. To be fair TSL said they knew about a month beforehand that Gracie had left her (ex) coaches, so they did keep a lid on it - just about.

vCash
    Lots of tweeting today:

Philip Hersh
    @olyphil

Gracie Gold announced she will work with Frank Carroll, and I am told that means full time in LA

U.S. Figure Skating@USFigureSkating
    .@GraceEGold announced today she has officially commenced training with coach Frank Carroll in El Segundo, Calif.

vCash
    Here is the press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49513&type=media

GOLD TO TRAIN WITH FRANK CARROLL

(9/25/13) - Gracie Gold announced today she has officially commenced training with coach Frank Carroll at the Toyota Center in El Segundo, Calif.

"I'm happy to be working with Frank Carroll," Gold said. "He's a wonderful coach. I'm grateful for this opportunity and I am looking forward to the future."

Carroll, a member of the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame, coached Evan Lysacek to the 2010 Olympic title and also helped Lysacek, Michelle Kwan and Linda Fratianne to World gold. He currently coaches Lysacek and World silver medalist Denis Ten of Kazakhstan.

"I am excited to be coaching Gracie Gold," Carroll said. "We have been working together for about a week now and I feel like we are a good student-coach match. I'm looking forward to the progress she will continue to make as an athlete."

Gold, the current U.S. silver medalist, won silver at the 2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic in Salt Lake City earlier this month. She is set to compete at 2013 Skate Canada International and 2013 NHK Trophy later this fall.

Gold lived and trained in the Chicago area with former coach Alex Ouriashev, from whom she parted ways in August.

vCash
    Doesn't matter how many times I see it, I just love reading "World silver medalist Denis Ten of Kazakhstan."
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Well, I'm glad that's settled! and very relieved that it is a fulltime arrangement. Gracie has a reasonable chance of being able to get things together by Nats if not sooner.

vCash
    I think the two of them will be a great combination. Gracie doesn't seem to have the teenage angst that Mirai suffered through, so that will make Frank's job easier. And Frank will be able to put the final polish on her that she so badly needed. I'm excited to see the result!

vCash
    I'm glad she and Frank worked out, and that it is a full time arrangement. What great news!

Now the only question is will she keep that short program music? It hurts my ears.

vCash
    Question - Didn't Rafael Arutunian move to FC's rink? If so, wouldn't that mean Gracie and Ashley would share practice ice?

vCash
    I wish Gracie the best.
    She is very fortunate in her coach.

It will be wonderful to see him in the K and C again.

vCash
    Good. Now that the formalities are over, the two of them need to get to work. Gracie doesn't have much time before her first event and chances are they'll have to change something in one or both of her programs. Hopefully Frank will have a dramatic and noticeable effect on the way Gracie presents her programs. I'm not expecting a miracle this early though...by nationals maybe.

Boy, I can't wait to see those PCS now that she's with Frank!

Eta: so does this mean she is with Frank full time and will not be working with Epstein and Zoueva anymore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Question - Didn't Rafael Arutunian move to FC's rink? If so, wouldn't that mean Gracie and Ashley would share practice ice?
    No, Arutunian is at the Kwan rink in Artesia. Frank Carroll is at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast