Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thank you for your post, Bournekraatzfan, It was really wonderful to read and I learned many things. You have an incredible knowledge, and seeing it in the Iggie's blog will be fantastic!

It's really wonderful to be in a group where there is an interaction so amazing! Besides sharing our love for Tessa and Scott we also have the opportunity to learn and share new things. I have to say that I learned many new things here and know I have much more to discover with the help of all of you.

Thank you for all links, all images and explanations, you all are amazing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Maybe BK can also breakdown this old program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvDMZDWEG-0) where V/M also show the difference between foxtrot and quickstep rhythms well.

Also known as the post where I shamelessly link to one of my fav programs yet again.
    Now THIS is how you do a classical ballroom quickstep. Love that lift too. One of my favorite V/M lifts because its perfectly timed with the music even if they were struggling with it.

vCash
    YAY BKFAN

So glad there are so many knowledgeable fans here sharing with us with quantifiable and tangible facts on why V/M are what they are (the BEST Ice Dancers out there).

vCash
    Bournekraatzfan thank you for this post.
    It was very interesting to read about dance rhythm and moves difference and about how dance steps were transferred on ice. This really show what a hard.work VM did during the summer.
    And I adore that OD, but this season SD show how they grow like skaters and dancers during all this years.
    I wish this Bournekraatzfan post could see not only VM ubers, but all FS and ice dance fans. Maybe you could post it on GSD?

vCash
    Thanks BKFan for your insightful post.
    The new SD is very lovely and reaches out to the audience.
    They dance it with precision and zip and I am sure Tessa will have lovely dresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Thanks BKFan for your insightful post.
    The new SD is very lovely and reaches out to the audience.
    They dance it with precision and zip and I am sure Tessa will have lovely dresses.
    O, dress... I cant wait to see her dress for this SD. Hope this will be something speciall for fashionista Tessa

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    It was very interesting to read about dance rhythm and moves difference and about how dance steps were transferred on ice. This really show what a hard.work VM did during the summer.
    I think it helps that they have a relationship with Jean-Marc that goes back 10 years, similar to Tessa's relationship to Swan. They really worked on actually learning the dance, and have been for some time. These aren't just people they brought in for the Olympics. You can't fake being able to actually dance. You have to put the work in over your whole career.

vCash
    Thanks for your post, Bournekraatzfan !
    That was awesome! Was very interesting to read.
    Seriously, we could write a book about new VM programs (even if we haven't see FD) till October, because everyone there is so smart!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I think it helps that they have a relationship with Jean-Marc that goes back 10 years, similar to Tessa's relationship to Swan. They really worked on actually learning the dance, and have been for some time. These aren't just people they brought in for the Olympics. You can't fake being able to actually dance. You have to put the work in over your whole career.
    Agree. They always pay attention to ice DANCE on ice, not just for skating, wich is always were on higherst level. Maybe it will be easy to just work on skating and lifts and just put few hands moves in dance style to there programs, but they work so hard on dancing body moves, try to dance, like they are without skates at all. Its very hard and need more time for work.
    And its not just there talent for dancing, but a hard work. From there young adges they were focusing on ice dance, not like most of others skaters, who did singles with ice dance or pair skating. So they learn how to dance on the floor from they were 8 and 10. Plus Tessas ballet background. This all help them to win all, what they won in ice dancing.
    And they spend more time in traning, then others, because all others pay much more attention to there Universaty educations, so didnt spend so much time on ice, like VM.
    Hope this season they put all this together - clean light skating+dancing body moves from reall ballroom dancing and ballet. This will be big input in ice dancing.
    Last edited by pani; 09-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    i put bkf's post on the blog here

i also turned it into a series where i can publish posts from more fans who can give great analysis and commentary about the dancing itself. i think it's a great idea to compile these commentaries so that we can keep them in mind as the season unfolds. i added another post from fanforum. if you see any posts that you'd like to go in this section, even if it's from the russian forums and you'll just translate it for us + give the original link, then pm me. i'm happy to add more.

vCash
    one more thing, here is the ongoing post that's kept track of news for the off season

vCash
    Iggie - you are the best! I just spent some quality time with your site and it is amazing!
    I have read quite a bit of it before but have not spent not so much time all at once and what a gift you give Virtue and Moir fans!

Bournekraatzfan I love your post and am grateful to Iggie for putting it on the site so I can find it later. It also helps me because I have just begun work on my Viennese Waltz and although I think I knew some of that - it put it all simply and concisely and in one place.

Sahararainfall I love your photo sets. All one has to do is to look at the Mahler and Carmen photosets side by side to see what a range Tessa and Scott have portraying characters.

To everyone -(well nearly everyone haha) - on these V and M uber threads - I am so excited about spending what is potentially V and M's last competitive season along with you. You not only share my love of this exquisite dance team - you have numerous insights into their art and accomplishments. I love discussing dance in general and specifically their journey with you, commiserating on their difficulties and celebrating the wonder.

I cannot wait for Finalndia!

Oh yeah - and my name is Lori and I am the Lori in Iggie's blog who wrote about V and M short dance!

vCash
    It seems like Tessa and Scott are not the only ones with a Labour of Love. So many of you talented posters are providing wonderful background for the rest of us to follow....from the music to the dancing aspect. Thank you all so much. I certainly enjoy and have benefitted from all your hard work. It really is appreciated.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    [B]I Oh yeah - and my name is Lori and I am the Lori in Iggie's blog who wrote about V and M short dance!
    Lori, this V & M uber thanks you so much for sharing your thoughts, relating your love for the music, the skaters and your experiences, it was a pleasure to read.

vCash
    I can't wait for their free dance. The Scriabin concerto sounds more delicious each time I listen to it.

vCash
    Late to the party, but Mel you are amazing! I learn so much from your posts and I get excited when I see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    To everyone -(well nearly everyone haha) - on these V and M uber threads - I am so excited about spending what is potentially V and M's last competitive season along with you. You not only share my love of this exquisite dance team - you have numerous insights into their art and accomplishments. I love discussing dance in general and specifically their journey with you, commiserating on their difficulties and celebrating the wonder.

I cannot wait for Finalndia!

Oh yeah - and my name is Lori and I am the Lori in Iggie's blog who wrote about V and M short dance!
    Well said! I love being in this thread with you guys and I'm so excited for the season to start.
    Lori (ironic that one of my favorite writers is Canadian novelist, Lori Lansens) thanks for your post on Misha's blog. It was such an enjoying read.
    Last edited by Shayii; 09-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    As always another awesome post, Bournekraatzfan !

Something new every season when I visit here. I feel like when I post something I come out like an ignoramus. One thing I did learn was besides the required pattern dance is rhythm(s) accompanying it.

I know it may seem insignificant to you season posters...but I only understood what the deal was with people's criticism (not here) about V/M's SD last year which was indeed the season's rhythm.

My question is: does a set rhythm for each season a must to follow or is it just a guideline? Like if you did waltz instead of foxtrot/swing/charleston...

To Misha aka Iggie , I visited your site often last year. It is very beautiful, amazing and very enlightening. Sincerely hope that V/M felt the love and support from fans everywhere last year Lucky you to have met them in person!

I don't have friends here to discuss my love for ice dance (or figure skating in general) so I get to indulge on my (obvious) favorite ice dancers with all those news links there...including individual pieces this year which are equally fantastic!

Sahararainfall Love, love your photo collage!!! Just amazing to see the contrast of expressions between Mahler and Carmen photos

To Lori aka Accordion, read your piece on V/M short dance! Lovely...like everyone here, looking forward to its development throughout the season

YEAH!
    vCash
    The SD rhythms are required, not guidelines, although there is some flexibility. For example, this year the Finnstep pattern is mandatory, and it may be combined with more quickstep, foxtrot, charleston, or swing. You can choose within those, but you couldn't do a tango or a waltz.

The 2011 SD was quite open because the teams could combine the required Golden Waltz pattern with other standard dances such as waltz, tango, foxtrot, or quickstep.

In 2009 the OD was simply dances of the 20s, 30s, and 40s, and there was a wide variety, with Domnina/Shabalin opting for 1920s Soviet Style waltz, while most couples were doing something upbeat.

vCash
    PJ just tweeted a video of Tessa and Scott talking about their SD, but when I tried to watch it says the video is private and I can't view it.

ETA: Nvm she set it to private on purpose. What's the point of tweeting it then? But she says it's worth the wait though, which is a bit of an exaggeration if it's them just talking about the SD.
    ETA2: Apparently it's part of something bigger she's doing for CBC.
    Last edited by Shayii; 09-23-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Thanks Bkfan and Cherub721
    Hi Shayii

Cherub well previous years they show all the show.. I hope they will do the same..

After watching Battle of the blades tonight.. I'm even more excited to watch Tessa and Scott in Finlandia !

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast