Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thanks iggie and everybody that contributed.

I also wanted to post this picture from Carmen: http://swandeath.tumblr.com/post/615...scott-moir-gpf
    Last edited by Shayii; 09-18-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post

I also wanted to post this picture from Carmen: http://swandeath.tumblr.com/post/615...scott-moir-gpf
    Ditto! And thanks for that pic, Shayii! Now,I'm going to watch Carmen Also, I love your quote from Stephane.

vCash
    Thank you iggie!! Your blog is really interesting!
    Also thank you Shayii for Carmen's pic... love it... love Carmen ever more!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Ditto! And thanks for that pic, Shayii! Now,I'm going to watch Carmen Also, I love your quote from Stephane.
    Yes, me too, Shayii Stèphan is Stèphane: an ARTIST recognize other ARTISTS

vCash
    thank you shayii, missJD and ice princess.

shayii -- seeing that picture makes me excited about the iconic photos that will be shot for the new free dance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

shayii -- seeing that picture makes me excited about the iconic photos that will be shot for the new free dance!
    Don't let me think about it!!! *-* *-* Me too!!!!

Well, changing speech.... nothing news about Tessa and Scott? New photo, new article, new interview?? *rolleyes*

vCash
    Me too Misha! I really can't wait till Finlandia. It's gonna be a long three weeks (or two)?
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    there are new posters in this thread, so i'll introduce my blog for you.

first, i'm misha (iggie). i started the blog about two years ago and i use it to keep track of all the information we find about tessa and scott -- on fan communities around the web. you'll notice that, even with this thread, we find so much content and the thread just flies by. during the olympic season, we'll speed through these threads. before you know it, you can't remember where you heard of this article or saw that picture. the blog is a way for me to collect the info we find and put it in a stable place. the website is beautiful to look at, easy to read and simple to navigate. i always want to keep it organized and useful, but i also design it to be elegant. i've maintained the blog for two seasons now and i'm getting ready for the upcoming season.

if you want to contact me about the blog, just send me a pm, leave a comment on the blog or send me an email. there's a contact me section on the site itself. i'll see it and respond as soon as i can.

vCash
    Me too Misha! I really can't wait till Finlandia. It's gonna be a long three weeks (or two)?
    Yes, two weeks and one day Definilly 15 looooooooong days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Although a slow foxtrot may resemble a waltz, you can always tell it from a waltz:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxtrot

Pretty much all the teams are getting this right time signatures for their numbers, including V&M and D&W.
    i think the problem i see with d/w's SD is that even if the rhythm of the music is foxtrot, their expression/execution of the rhythm more closely resembles a waltz than a foxtrot. with v/m's SD, you can actually see the execution/expression of the foxtrot rhythm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i think the problem i see with d/w's SD is that even if the rhythm of the music is foxtrot, their expression/execution of the rhythm more closely resembles a waltz than a foxtrot. with v/m's SD, you can actually see the execution/expression of the foxtrot rhythm.
    I think you're dead on right. When I watched D/W's SD, I felt like I was seeing a waltz, such was their expression of the dance. I had to remind myself that waltz wasn't one of the choices for the SD this season. When I watched V/M in their SD, I got a totally different feel watching them execute the rhythm of the foxtrot. It felt more like what I have been accustomed to seeing performed as foxtrot.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    We should stop talking about a boring lesser team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by munow View Post
    It must not be so boring and less if they wish to talk about this team all the time

vCash

Well, if you have a tumblr account you might have come across my favorite Carmen pics here, at least the face/half-body focused photos. Not included are the whole body/in action pics. I just have way too many favorite photos. And here is a Mahler photoset for people like me who loved the contrast VM have shown in these two programs.

Might as well share these two other photo sets for people who don't do tumblr.

Step sequence and pattern dance set 1

Step sequence and pattern dance set 2 (I have enough pics fitting this particular theme to make three sets but that was just too many so I just settled for the ones I like best.)

Most pics are relatively high-res so it might take a while to load for some.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

Me too iggie. Me too. And thanks for that great blog entry regarding Tess and Scott's Olympic sound track and to all the contributing writers Lori, Leticia and Catherine. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences. Fans like you all make my VM fandom experience all the more richer.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 09-20-2013 at 03:04 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Those pictures remind me that we still have yet to see the CSOI version of Carmen... when is it being aired? We'll be on to the new FD by then!

BTW, I'd been meaning to ask, does Finlandia Trophy usually have a gala exhibition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by munow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Those pictures remind me that we still have yet to see the CSOI version of Carmen... when is it being aired? We'll be on to the new FD by then!

BTW, I'd been meaning to ask, does Finlandia Trophy usually have a gala exhibition?
    In November I think. We have a long way to go! Also I don't think Finlandia has an exhibition.

I was looking back on Catherine's post on the blog and It made me realize that a majority of Glazunov's waltz are pretty unconventional (except for spring and the cornflowers one - those are the obvious ones). If it weren't for someone who has a musically trained ear like CatherineC telling us which waltz is which it would be hard trying to identify the waltz (sometimes I have to go back and check the post because I forget). Because of this I have a feeling their FD is going to be similar to valse triste because valse triste to me, is pretty unconventional. Some of you may disagree but I find some of Glazunov's waltz's very subtle especially the winter waltz at the begining that has a different tempo.

vCash

No, Finlandia Trophy havnt exibitions usually.

Well, if you have a tumblr account you might have come across my favorite Carmen pics
    Thanks! Its intense How emotional this FD was. Amazing.
    I hope they will show something such emotional in new FD too.

vCash
    Hi guys!

CSOI on cbc air around mid-December and Radio Canada version(full) is around Christmas time..

vCash
    Iggie, thank you so, so much for your blog, and the same to all the wonderful contributors. It's such a pleasure to read such a thoughtful and complete compilation of VM's past, present, and future programs. Such a special touch to include personal anecdotes from yourself and your contributors, I really don't think there is a skating blog out there that can compete with yours. It's only fitting that your blog's style represents such a classy and talented team!

vCash
    Thanks Sahara. I don't have tumblr because it confuses the hell out of me, but the first link to the Carmen collage is absolutely stunning. I still get depressed when I think about how under appreciated it was (actually I don't think it was appreciated at all). And Marina said that those stupid judges were the ones that requested they do a program like that.

Hi noey. Nice to see you here.

vCash
    Thanks Sahara. I don't have tumblr because it confuses the hell out of me, but the first link to the Carmen collage is absolutely stunning. I still get depressed when I think about how under appreciated it was (actually I don't think it was appreciated at all). And Marina said that those stupid judges were the ones that requested they do a program like that.

Hi noey. Nice to see you here.
    I think the Judges sometimes want to play good and wanted to stop the direction in which VM were skating. Or maybe they belonged to the small minded group of shallow watchers.

I think i was most moved by their performance at Skate Canada because it was so stunning and intense. It went after passion in favour of elegance. In future performances they toned down the passion and heightened the elegance. While I loved seeing them at worlds and Scotts roar was a thing of beauty it just smacked me in the face first time I saw it.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast