Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    even the lift, i felt like either of them could've fallen or dropped the other. the entire performance was shaky. hopefully they make it up in the FD.
    I finally had a chance to see the SD, and I didn't see anything like what you all were describing. It seemed pretty good to me! Certainly nothing to cause a million depressions. Did I watch some sort of different competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    Well, I say: "Screw the judges and the games they're playing!"
    V&M weren't perfect, but even with the small mistake I'm thinking their SD was superior to anything else we've seen this season, both choreographically and performance-wise! Much as I admire . . . "their closest competitors". . , V&M's program has the potential to dance all night by comparison. (Sorry, forgot: Comparisons are frowned on here. My bad.) (Just stating MHO.)
    "Relax? I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God, I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!" (Lisa Simpson)

Banned Member
    vCash
    What concerns me the most is, like we started to see last season, they put on perfect performances in practice, and then made little mistakes here and there in the real competition. It used to be the other way round. If this keeps happening, they need to sort it out. I think it's the nerves. They are prepared, otherwise they can't be that good in practice. How come they don't believe in themselves any more? This is really puzzling.

Banned Member
    vCash
    The SD is still very enjoyable. V/M just draw you in naturally. So at least the perfect program is there, it's just a matter of skating it flawlessly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    What concerns me the most is, like we started to see last season, they put on perfect performances in practice, and then made little mistakes here and there in the real competition. It used to be the other way round. If this keeps happening, they need to sort it out. I think it's the nerves. They are prepared, otherwise they can't be that good in practice. How come they don't believe in themselves any more? This is really puzzling.
    i agree. they're almost like anissina-peizerat who at some point in their careers became known for being really good practice skaters. they do really well in practices, then come out really tense in actual competition. they seem to have lost that competition confidence, i think ever since tessa's surgery. i hope they can round it up again this season to win the gold in sochi

vCash
    I know I'm repeating myself, but I didn't see any 'nerves' at this comp. or in Quebec. Last year there was clearly some issue that was bothering Tessa, whether it was an injury or not, we'll probably never know. This year I don't see it. It was just a bauble on an element that didn't really affect the dance - and that last lift looked wonderful. Watch their SD again and enjoy the sheer beauty of their presentation. I know we're all a bunch of nervous nellies but this is way too early to be stressing out.

vCash
    Whoa! Anissina and Peizerat? I think we need to calm down a little bit. I agree with you, blueglass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I know I'm repeating myself, but I didn't see any 'nerves' at this comp. or in Quebec..
    Well, if I were in their in their skates, I'd be damned nervous. There's alot riding on this season! I think if you asked anyone who performs in front of the public -- especially those who are being judged -- regardless of how long they've been doing it -- nerves always are a factor!
    "Relax? I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God, I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!" (Lisa Simpson)

vCash
    Love their SP. Always dancing close and in unison. It can only get faster and better.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Banned Member
    vCash
    even the lift, i felt like either of them could've fallen or dropped the other. the entire performance was shaky. hopefully they make it up in the FD.
    i agree. they're almost like anissina-peizerat who at some point in their careers became known for being really good practice skaters. they do really well in practices, then come out really tense in actual competition. they seem to have lost that competition confidence, i think ever since tessa's surgery. i hope they can round it up again this season to win the gold in sochi
    Calm down, buddy. It's really not that bad. I think V/M will put on a good show in the FD. Let's wait and see.

vCash
    it's a great short dance. Those who are scared should re-watch the Quebec Summerskate vid in the Canadian Summer Competitions thread, where they were confident and joyous and nothing went wrong. There were a couple of glitches this time. Who knows why- but they've done extremely well before and will again. I can't wait for Skate Canada!

vCash
    Tessa has always been nervous at competitions. She's said that a million times (and in the book said she used to always throw up)! I don't think it's any more than that. That's why Scott always gives her those super adorable pep talks. I watched this sd a few more times, and I didn't think she looked especially nervous at all. I agree that she seemed nervous several times last season, but they seemed happy here! (And I trust those who are actually there and saying that!) Besides, I was a competitive dancer for far too long and I don't recall a time I wasn't nervous. I can also say that one bad practice/ performance is definitely not a prediction of future performances. Scores are relative. If everyone is scored lower, that's fine. It IS Olympic season!! And I kinda felt like last season the scores didn't often leave room for improvement in some cases- they can only go so high! Maybe this is the season of no inflation?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Whoa! Anissina and Peizerat? I think we need to calm down a little bit. I agree with you, blueglass
    well, they're not anissina-peizerat level of practice skaters yet; v/m does better with controlling their competition nerves than a/p did, that's why i said almost

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    Because the judges are telling they're not the best anymore by lowballing them in scores. That's where I think the real issue is. It's frustrating when I see praise and quotes from Tessa and Scott's fellow competitors, other skaters, and coaches when they share their admiration and preference for Tessa and Scott, but somehow that's not translating to the judges.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I know I'm repeating myself, but I didn't see any 'nerves' at this comp. or in Quebec. Last year there was clearly some issue that was bothering Tessa, whether it was an injury or not, we'll probably never know. This year I don't see it. It was just a bauble on an element that didn't really affect the dance - and that last lift looked wonderful. Watch their SD again and enjoy the sheer beauty of their presentation. I know we're all a bunch of nervous nellies but this is way too early to be stressing out.
    There was something wrong with Tessa's ankle at worlds last season but that's all. Unless if you count the cramp that happened at 4CC.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Official photos: http://yes3.1g.fi/kuvat/Skating/Seas...antai/Kooste+/ Tessa looks radiant!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Anyways everytime I look at this picture https://twitter.com/eelinpaas/status/385765173023092737 I can't help but be reminds of Valse Triste https://pp.vk.me/c307903/v307903791/...OqhlXkdT0Y.jpg. Scott's lines make him look so angelic (in contrast to last year's Don José) They look like a famous sculpture. Bernini? Rodin? I can't quite put my finger on it.
    It reminds me of "Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss" (housed in the louvre)... except in this case Scott's arms are the wings

http://musee.louvre.fr/oal/psyche/psyche_acc_en.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I finally had a chance to see the SD, and I didn't see anything like what you all were describing. It seemed pretty good to me! Certainly nothing to cause a million depressions. Did I watch some sort of different competition?
    Same here. I also thought their marks were pretty good, except that one judge, but she/he marked everyone really low.

vCash
    IMO, V&M's SD is absolutely brilliant. Within it, they have everything they need to pull in huge scores as the season progresses. Both as an interpretive piece and the actual technical content. That much is very clear to me. At the moment, I wouldn't get too nervous. It's the first competition of the season and Tessa and Scott need to work out the kinks and get a feel for performing their dance in competition. Better have a bobble or two here than at Skate Canada. Hopefully once this program is skated 100% clean the judges will sit up and pay attention. There is so much to appreciate in this new SD, so many nuances that go along with the steps.

I'm preferring to remember the last Olympic season. Both the OD and the FD underwent changes and we saw mistakes here and there but by the end of the season we know what happened. As Scott Hamilton used to say, V&M just need to make sure those butterflies fly in formation.

Shayii, you make a very valid point about the judging so what V&M need to learn to do (I know it's easier said than done) is to go out there and not think about where they might fall in relation to other teams but to skate against themselves. Think of the best they have skated and try and measure up to that. Given that we've seen this already incredibly gifted team continously outdo themselves when you look at them from the time they first entered the senior division up till now, there is even more they are capable of. If that makes any sense.

Hope they do well in the FD later on.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpgD...e_gdata_player

Finlandia Trophy Finlandia Trophy in kiss&cry after SD

All I can say I wish to see happiness on their faces at this season and yes, Tessa is SO beautiful. I wish them to enjoy this time of their life and career. They are strong professionals, I hope they will find their "bubble" and their way to cope with nerves. Amazing duet, amazing skaters (and people).
    Oh, waiting for FD

vCash
    Tessa's wearing a light purple dress. It's her old IWHYH dress.
    Gahh the just did a gorgeous sl lift

Tessa messed up the twizzles in the run through, and they botched the end of choreo lift. But the program is absolutely beautiful very flowing.
    Last edited by marikat; 10-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast