Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 999
  1. #461
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/r..._SD_Scores.pdf

    They were really hammered with levels. Twizzles are obvious but I wonder what they have to do to get the Finnstep levels up.
    Wait, what, FINNSTEP? I thought that was the best part of the dance today.

    Meh.

  2. #462

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    341
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/r..._SD_Scores.pdf

    They were really hammered with levels. Twizzles are obvious but I wonder what they have to do to get the Finnstep levels up.
    WOW, Judge 6 was harsh on PCS compared to everyone else......

  3. #463

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    341
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3015

  4. #464

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/r..._SD_Scores.pdf

    They were really hammered with levels. Twizzles are obvious but I wonder what they have to do to get the Finnstep levels up.
    They will analyse what went wrong and they'll fix it.
    The PCS are puzzling. Two 8,25 for skating skills... 7 for interpretation/timing?!? A very weird panel.

    Catherine, I thought the Finnstep looked great too...

  5. #465
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    135
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Wait, what, FINNSTEP? I thought that was the best part of the dance today.

    Meh.
    I thought it was the best part of today too. Much sharper than the one in August. Puzzling indeed.

  6. #466
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Booked nationals tickets.not great seats but best i could get.
    DH will be driving me on friday morning from Toronto. There will be room in car for one or two. We will be staying in Ottawa downtown.
    Returning after gala to Toronto.
    PM me if you want a ride.
    I wont make practices.... No time off for that.

  7. #467
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe they missed key points even when the speed and attitude was there? 7 for timing must have been because they finished a bit before the music ended, or maybe that was my impression? Still, harsh panel, eh? But I like it that way. This forces teams to not rest on their laurels and work even harder to get their levels.

  8. #468
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    This. Thank you, Golightly. This is a dance from start to finish. A variety of holds, different dance steps, different body positions that require quick nd constant shifts of weight and changes of position. If one or both partners get off, there is not much of an opportunity to reset. I am confident because they were in excellent form or early august and they look even better in the practices here. As others have noted, the Finnstep looked even crisper and lighter, and they are bring even more clarity to the rest of the choreography. It was one tough outing early in the season. It happens. I'm not concerned, though i certainly understand the other reactions in here. I think we all just wanted them to have a great skate in front of this international panel. But the FD is to come!
    Yea, I thought they looked sharp in the practice vids and the Finnstep sequence was awesome, it was just unfortunate they did not get the SD skate they want. Perhaps I am not feeling as negative as I did not watch it live, without the nerves and excitement, but I am not losing faith and confidence on them, not by a long shot. Bringing this over here, just a reminder to not give up on their awesome skating skills.

    Also BKF, this is way too delayed, but thank you for that wonderful analysis on their SD. For someone like me who likes to seek the dance in ice dance, that breakdown of their SD you did was very much appreciated. Thanks!

    SD practice pictures by Julia Komarova from Lizabeth gallery.ru

  9. #469
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    They skated a lot better at the practise this morning (they were even better than yesterday!) but they looked nervous already during the warm-up, Tessa especially. I'm sure they'll skate at their own level tomorrow

  10. #470
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    543
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I agree it was a bit shaky in parts. But I LOVE this dance. This is their best short dance since 2010 IMO. Their transitions are amazing, sharp and fluid. They maintain the jazzy character of the dance. The mid-line is amazing although it did look a bit tight here and I think they have hit better and deeper edges. Tessa seemed to be struggling to catch up to the music or match Scott today. Anyway, I am not too worried yet. I think this is a great dance. They just can't make mistakes. It is also incredibly difficult. I think more then Meryl and Charlie. And they are faster then I have seen them in a long time. The Finn step was flying. I just think overall they were out of sync a bit today. Not crazy about the lift but only choreographically. The lift itself is good. And also no one is doing perfectly in the Finn step yet. All of the ones I have seen have been tight or slow.

    Can't wait for the free dance.

  11. #471

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Maybe they missed key points even when the speed and attitude was there? 7 for timing must have been because they finished a bit before the music ended, or maybe that was my impression? Still, harsh panel, eh? But I like it that way. This forces teams to not rest on their laurels and work even harder to get their levels.
    I'm wondering if that 7.00 was punched in wrong by that judge because it's so far off what their other marks were.

  12. #472
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Also a possibility, but I don't think so. It was a very, very strict panel.

  13. #473

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    I thought it was the best part of today too. Much sharper than the one in August. Puzzling indeed.
    I agree the Finnstep was the best part of the dance today. Maybe there are edges they are not hitting clearly enough.

    I am kinda LOLing at Gregory Elek being the tech specialist here. He wasn't a very good skater himself and now he's calling out level 2s (along with the other callers) for the Olympic champs.

  14. #474
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I agree it was a bit shaky in parts. But I LOVE this dance. This is their best short dance since 2010 IMO. Their transitions are amazing, sharp and fluid. They maintain the jazzy character of the dance. The mid-line is amazing although it did look a bit tight here and I think they have hit better and deeper edges. Tessa seemed to be struggling to catch up to the music or match Scott today. Anyway, I am not too worried yet. I think this is a great dance. They just can't make mistakes. It is also incredibly difficult. I think more then Meryl and Charlie. And they are faster then I have seen them in a long time. The Finn step was flying. I just think overall they were out of sync a bit today. Not crazy about the lift but only choreographically. The lift itself is good. And also no one is doing perfectly in the Finn step yet. All of the ones I have seen have been tight or slow.

    Can't wait for the free dance.
    You have perfectly explained the reasons why I am not worried yet. It is a wonderful program and if skated well, I am sure they will get their scores.

  15. #475
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I agree the Finnstep was the best part of the dance today. Maybe there are edges they are not hitting clearly enough.

    I am kinda LOLing at Gregory Elek being the tech specialist here. He wasn't a very good skater himself and now he's calling out level 2s (along with the other callers) for the Olympic champs.
    Look at Judge 3's scores, though LOL. That one and Judge 6's.

  16. #476

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    329
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38
    Well, they were definitely the class of the field, but I have to admit that I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did in August. Still it's always a pleasure to see them skate. Hopefully they can skate better tomorrow and be calm and relaxed. I'll go watch their practice tomorrow morning. Excited to see their FD!

  17. #477
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    fall, glorious fall
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm not doom and gloom. It's early, they struggled this way before Vancouver, and they obviously didn't skate well. The good thing about this being the first week of october is that there is lots of time to work things out and get feedback.

    If they had skated well and still gotten those marks, then I'd be more worried.

    I'm more excited about seeing the free.

  18. #478

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    523
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    As far as marking goes, I think there will be judges out there looking for ways to mark down the top teams technically (and as we saw here in the second mark as well... when is the last time they saw a 7?) as much as they can in these early competitions in order to present them as an easier target for the teams just below. With Tessa and Scott so far ahead of the rest here they can get away with it as it won't impact the final standings. That won't happen with the two top teams head to head later in the season as any obvious bias will be noticed.

    I still think it will be like it has been the past two years with judges hoping for mistakes from the top two teams in order to give them a reason to distinguish one from the other. It is going to be a long season...

  19. #479
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Really outstanding photos! Thanks for the link.

  20. #480
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    As far as marking goes, I think there will be judges out there looking for ways to mark down the top teams technically (and as we saw here in the second mark as well... when is the last time they saw a 7?) as much as they can in these early competitions in order to present them as an easier target for the teams just below. With Tessa and Scott so far ahead of the rest here they can get away with it as it won't impact the final standings. That won't happen with the two top teams head to head later in the season as any obvious bias will be noticed.
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if they're marking what they're seeing, or just making marks up to suit whatever outcome they've already decided.

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •