Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I just got my Canadians Nats tickets this morning and I'm not even excited anymore just feel down.
    Really? Because I just found out this morning that I have to stay here and won't be able to make it. And even after today's bad outing, I was thrilled to go see my favorite team. Alas.

vCash
    Some of the names on that panel we could see at the Olympics.

I didn't think C&Bs pattern dance looked good at all.

vCash
    I just got my Canadians Nats tickets this morning and I'm not even excited anymore just feel down.
    Whoa. Didn't see the SD -- just reading comments. Did someone get injured? Why is Nats suddenly not worth going to anymore?

vCash
    Oh come on everyone! Cheer up! This is a huge season to them and they're only human! Of course they're nervous, and they'll make some small mistakes. It's waaayyy too early to be disappointed or upset. No they weren't perfect this time, but that's okay. Imagine being as perfect as they are while under all of that pressure and scrutiny! I have full faith they'll have it together tomorrow!

vCash
    Hear, hear.

I think people forget that this a VERY tricky short dance. The first outing was excellent, but see all the transitioning and ballroom moves involved, not easy. If this program needs to grow slowly, as most V-M programs do, I say it's fine. 67 with mistakes in Finlandia is not the end of the world. It's a long season. We'll see.

vCash
    Sorry just upset and tend to let my emotions get the best of me. Considering I'm going to be spending a lot of money to travel to Canada, I'm still looking forward to Nats.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Yeah don't be too negative guys I have confidence that they will work out the kinks. Just want to remind everyone of this four years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63omRDl3eRg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Oh come on everyone! Cheer up! This is a huge season to them and they're only human! Of course they're nervous, and they'll make some small mistakes. It's waaayyy too early to be disappointed or upset. No they weren't perfect this time, but that's okay. Imagine being as perfect as they are while under all of that pressure and scrutiny! I have full faith they'll have it together tomorrow!
    And it has to be tough (experience or not) to present your programs for the first time to an international panel in a foreign competition.

I have full faith in them. That dance is great and they are more than capable of skating clean, we've already seen them do it.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash

Virtue and Moir #30 - Labour of Love

Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Yeah don't be too negative guys I have confidence that they will work out the kinks. Just want to remind everyone of this four years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63omRDl3eRg
    I was just thinking of that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Maybe I"m just being optimistic but it seems the judges are being very tough. I know Evan fell on his twizzle but C/B's score are also waaaay below what they were getting at Worlds.
    Yes i agree on that too.

vCash
    Good. Tougher panels are good news.

It's up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVI0L...om0VLg20T5K6gg
    Last edited by Golightly; 10-04-2013 at 06:25 PM.

vCash
    I agree with everyone - let's not be so pessimistic, it's early, the panel seems to be judging everyone more harshly, and we know that VM get stronger over the season. Nope, don't think it's injury, just silly errors that they can't afford to make as the season goes on. They will work it all out.

vCash
    I am wondering why the protocols for the SD are stilll not up. Is it me, or are they a bit slow with it? Just curious to see what levels they got on their elements.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Sorry just upset and tend to let my emotions get the best of me. Considering I'm going to be spending a lot of money to travel to Canada, I'm still looking forward to Nats.
    Don't be sad, no matter what happens, you need to just immerse yourself in the reality that you'll be seeing VM live. I'm also strongly considering going to Nationals, just trying to figure out my work schedule.

vCash
    They were a little tense and seemed nervous, but they also made quite some (small) changes. I guess, they did not know what to expect from the judges since they only "Canadian" feedback by now. The feedback here will help them to work on the program until Skate Canada. The end looks better know, in my opinion.
    Also, we should not compare a panel with international judges to a panel with all Canadian judges: Obviously, the score will differ! For instance, the PCS is quite good for the mistakes and the time of the season and they managed to get the required minimum TES for the Olympics.

vCash
    Even with the mistakes, I liked this outing more than the one earlier. Plenty of time to clean it up.

vCash
    LOL -- all the doom & gloom just because they didn't skate perfectly! Come on -- the program is beautiful and chock full of difficulty but with their smooth edges, they make it look so easy. So much to admire & love. First international competition & so it's a good try out. Their program way better & more difficult than their top competitors. Just enjoy the process of them improving through the season.

vCash
    I'm starting to think they should be doing the twizzles earlier in the program, before the Finnstep pattern (in other words, they should be doing them on fresher legs, so to speak).

I'm also not loving ending. The choreo after the lift and into the final pose doesn't work for me. Maybe it's the music but for me it's not dynamic enough.

Side note but I always used to think that Tessa bowed down onto one knee? Here she just kind of bowed her head.

Looking forward to seeing the FD tomorrow.

vCash
    Happy birthday, AsianFSFan! I hope you are haing a great day!

Thank you so much for your Nebelhorn review, sternfunken. I hope you are feeling better.

Emdee, i am sorry to hear about your fall. Hope u feel better soon.

sap5, ITA wih respect to the new lift. I hope they change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Hear, hear.

I think people forget that this a VERY tricky short dance. The first outing was excellent, but see all the transitioning and ballroom moves involved, not easy. If this program needs to grow slowly, as most V-M programs do, I say it's fine. 67 with mistakes in Finlandia is not the end of the world. It's a long season. We'll see.
    This. Thank you, Golightly. This is a dance from start to finish. A variety of holds, different dance steps, different body positions that require quick nd constant shifts of weight and changes of position. If one or both partners get off, there is not much of an opportunity to reset. I am nfident because they were in excellent form or early august and they look even better in the practices here. As others have noted, the Finnstep looked even crisper and lighter, and they are bring even more clarity to the rest of the choreography. It was one tough outing early in the season. It happens. I'm not concerned, though i certainly understand the other reactions in here. I think we all just wanted them to have a great skate in front of this international panel. But the FD is to come!

And walei, thank you for posting that vid. A great reminder of why we shouldn't panic if something goes wrong at the beginning of the season

And a HUGE thank you to ilovenyc and musketeer for sharing your impression of the event (glad you are enjoying it ) and to IoanaC and everyone else who posted pics and info. marikat, i am so happy that you are getting to see V&M skate live, and i can't wait to hear your impressions from the event!

vCash
    http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/r..._SD_Scores.pdf

They were really hammered with levels. Twizzles are obvious but I wonder what they have to do to get the Finnstep levels up.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast