Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 999
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I am of the opinion that D/W should not be discussed in the V/M thread. It only invites trolls. It's tempting to compare, but it always leads to contention.
    I get what you're saying, wouldn't want the thread to be taken over exclusively by comparison discussions. But I think that it's not unreasonable to have a respectful debate.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I am of the opinion that D/W should not be discussed in the V/M thread. It only invites trolls. It's tempting to compare, but it always leads to contention.
    I agree, Clarie.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    64
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiloquy View Post
    I disagree. I think both programs are total snoozefests. So far what I've seen of the Finnsteps makes it seem like compulsories are back.
    Meh. To each, their own. On last thread, I did comment on something missing from V/M's SD. Not entirely but in the section where Muskrat Ramble was playing. Yes, it was rough in some places. But it is to be expected at early stages of the program development. However, the choreography is far from bland. I felt they understood the music very well and it showed (in their body movement and expressions). Can't wait see those improvements soon! Finlandia!

    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I'm not sure I like to hear people saying the programs are both bland and recycled because the judges seem to prefer both in D/W. Look what happened last year - V/M never really got a fair judging of their FD at least IMO.
    Hmmm...the assumption on judges preferring D/W is debatable. If so, it would have happened every season they competed. All I can see from last season is that judges (seem to) prefer strongly traditional/conservative ideals of ice dancing (re:Italian's Carmen, D/W's Giselle). For that reason, I agree with you that V/M's FD never seem to get the scores it deserved. All we can hope for for this (new) season is NOT a repeat of last season...AND that both V/M's programs will be judged fairly and be very well received/highly favorable to the judges' palate this time.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    a respectful debate.


    only one side debates allowed here because this is much fun look what happen to http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3958212
    Last edited by iNap; 09-14-2013 at 02:15 PM.

  5. #25
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0

    Virtue and Moir #30 - Labour of Love

    Quote Originally Posted by AsianFSFan View Post
    Meh. To each, their own. On last thread, I did comment on something missing from V/M's SD. Not entirely but in the section where Muskrat Ramble was playing.
    FWIW, the Muskrat Ramble section is entirely devoted to the two Finnstep patterns. These patterns are a required element and the steps absolutely cannot be altered or deviated from. They can't change them up or add to them in any way. They can only skate these compulsory patterns exactly as described by the ISU. I'll find a link later to the diagram of the patterns, but literally every single step of those patterns is written down and all teams must do exactly those steps in their short dances.

  6. #26
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    167
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I am of the opinion that D/W should not be discussed in the V/M thread. It only invites trolls. It's tempting to compare, but it always leads to contention.
    Well, the trolls are always here, such as inap, who is on my ignore list btw. And I've restrained myself from going into the D/W thread, but every time I went, they are putting down V/M there. We take the high road, but we should not let the truth be denied.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post


    only one side debates allowed here because this is much fun look what happen to http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3958212
    Aren't you clever!

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    We take the high road, but we should not let the truth be denied.
    only 30 V-M treads of truth and all treads that talk about V-M this treads has lot off places in heaven when it dies

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,713
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    only 30 V-M treads of truth and all treads that talk about V-M this treads has lot off places in heaven when it dies
    One thing bothering me. With trolls help we will have 100 before we will see "Labour of Love"

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    One thing bothering me. With trolls help we will have 100 before we will see "Labour of Love"
    Yes. Maybe for those who want to give an opinion on the skating in SLC they can visit the program thread in Great Skate Debate or the actual competition thread in the Kiss and Cry section. Or The Skating Lesson thread in Great Skate Debate if what brought you here is the tweet from them.

    eta..btw, I just added iNap to my ignore list and suggest everyone else do the same. You won't have to see it's posts and it can't communicate with you in PM. Let him continue jerking off in the corner without the audience he so desperately craves.
    Last edited by bmcg; 09-14-2013 at 03:50 PM.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    One thing bothering me. With trolls help we will have 100 before we will see "Labour of Love"
    admin should change name to labour of throlls for this hard work

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,887
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Omg everybody put iNap on ignore if you must (don't you have anything better to do btw, go away) and lets move on! I agree about not going crazy and discussing other teams too much in here. Re TSL, I have nothing to say about their apparent stupidity.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Omg everybody put iNap on ignore if you must (don't you have anything better to do btw, go away) and lets move on! I agree about not going crazy and discussing other teams too much in here. Re TSL, I have nothing to say about their apparent stupidity.
    TSL aunties is good on some day not all days
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3983181

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What are your thoughts on VM's impending retirement from competition? Lately seems that there have been talk in recent articles that seem to hint that it's not 100% certain. Gosh, just love this team, it would be so fantastic if they stayed on.

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,713
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Omg everybody put iNap on ignore if you must (don't you have anything better to do btw, go away) and lets move on! I agree about not going crazy and discussing other teams too much in here. Re TSL, I have nothing to say about their apparent stupidity.
    I did this!

    What are your thoughts on VM's impending retirement from competition? Lately seems that there have been talk in recent articles that seem to hint that it's not 100% certain. Gosh, just love this team, it would be so fantastic if they stayed on.
    I think its a very big possibility this is there last season and there last competitve programs. So i hope they enjoy every moment of this season and there fans try to enjoy it too

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I´m looking at the season as their last but they are very competitive so I guess it depends on how the season goes and how they feel they want to leave the sport regarding titles.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So I haven't really posted here because I'm trying to keep my nerve in check this season being the Olympics and finale of Tessa and Scott's competitive career. And after last season's disappointment I really hope Tessa and Scott gets the PCS they deserve. I think OD/SD is probably my favorite segment in all of figure skating because you get to do a creative comparison between skaters skating to a theme but not spectator unfriendly like the CD. After seeing one after one the SD unveiling I still have no doubt that Tessa and Scott are the best Ice Dancers out there competing today.

    This is probably my favorite part of their SD this year. Just look at this totally non-element part of the of program. Their carriage, style, interpretation, the way they move... It's just one corner of the ice but they did so much with it in those few seconds

    http://youtu.be/eo7ozIoQbLY?t=59s.

    Really looking forward to see their next competition with a more professional multi-camera footage, and hope they add in even more character choreographically to this SD to the second part of the SD.
    Last edited by walei; 09-14-2013 at 04:25 PM.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,713
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    I love opining and SS. In SS it so cool when they are in mirror part came.so close to each.other -there blades were next to each other. And this dance move in SS.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    545
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I bet if Tessa wanted to continue, Scott would

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,023
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    In all fairness, it's not DW's fault that the lifts are recycled, they are not the choreographers. What is their responsibility is to execute the choreography within the theme, using impeccable skating skills. From the clips we've seen, there seems to be less of the running, hopping steps, but unfortunately this seems to expose their weak bladework, there's alot of 2 foot skating. They've also slowed down too, so the lack of finesse in holding positions, maintaining lines and carriage are front and center.

    Please don't chastise me for discussing DW in the VM thread, but I'm just answering the above comment.
    I think this is what we should expect since they have the same coach but D/W should know better. I expect more from them because they are reigning world champions. IA with what you say about the hopping and skipping but I find this FD better than NDDP probably because the music is 100x better. I wish they could do the same for the SD but I think the reason why its so bland is because they are not playing the characters properly and they are doing the same elements. For example the SS is very bare. MFL is a comedy-musical - well at least Pygmalion is a comedy and there should be a slight comedic undertone to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I am of the opinion that D/W should not be discussed in the V/M thread. It only invites trolls. It's tempting to compare, but it always leads to contention.
    I ignore the trolls now thank god for the ignore button.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •