Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 999
  1. #301
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    135
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Reposting this from Hanna's practice report in the K&C forum:

    "V/M FD is definitely their trademark romantic. In the beginning it's softer and very first-love, but the ending part is quicker. There's a beautiful energetic rotational lift to the music in the middle. [...] Loved the first rotational lift of V/M. The ending pose, not so much. All in all - it's not very daring and more so quite typical for them. But like always, they do it so well. The quality is quite astounding."
    No doubt the judges will receive this FD better than Carmen since they seem to like traditional and romantic V/M more. I'm curious about the ending pose; if it doesn't work then they might change it like in Mahler. Anyway, sending positive vibes to V/M!

  2. #302
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    64
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Reposting this from Hanna's practice report in the K&C forum:

    "V/M FD is definitely their trademark romantic. In the beginning it's softer and very first-love, but the ending part is quicker. There's a beautiful energetic rotational lift to the music in the middle. [...] Loved the first rotational lift of V/M. The ending pose, not so much. All in all - it's not very daring and more so quite typical for them. But like always, they do it so well. The quality is quite astounding."
    Thanks for this tidbit, IoanaC I am pleased to hear this...though I have to say, it left (for me) a bit of a bitter taste with the remark on "not very daring". Carmen was their most daring piece to date and yet, they were viewed so unfavorably, like Golightly's post...it's ridiculous. Like I said before, damn if they do, damn if they don't. Just because fans of a team says that theirs is justified in winning big because of their own hard work doesn't make it real. So, it's useless to even get into a tiff with this notion. We all know it's still a competition to the top for ALL teams. I am confident that V/M are off to a good start with their new programs. And they will be fighting for a repeat! As for scoring, we all agree that's beyond our control. Let's just stay positive this season and of course, pray for fair judging

  3. #303

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    329
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38
    I couldn't attend practices today 'cause i had work but i'm going tomorrow and saturday Elina Paasonen posted this pic from todays practice https://mobile.twitter.com/eelinpaas...3898496/photos

  4. #304
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,555
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    I couldn't attend practices today 'cause i had work but i'm going tomorrow and saturday Elina Paasonen posted this pic from todays practice https://mobile.twitter.com/eelinpaas...3898496/photos
    Beautiful lines, so gorgeous, memories of mahler ......so excited. At home after a fall so able to watch tomorrow.

  5. #305
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I saw Tessa&Scott at practice today! They were looking very focused and calm. The music is very classical and beautiful but I think this program will be like Mahler, it will only get better the more you see it! They did parts of the program in their run through, loved the straight line lift (crazy body control required) and the last rotational lift was sooo fast. Spin also had beautiful positions! The music built up towards the end and they looked so happy and joyous skating it! I can definitely imagine them skating it at the olympics, major goosebumps just thinking about it..And I quite liked the ending, it was simple yet effective.

    The SD parts also looked soo great and effortless. It was great for a first practice, can't wait for tomorrow!!

  6. #306

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Even Mahler costumes? I am not sure its good for them.

  7. #307

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1292
    Quote Originally Posted by musketeer View Post
    I saw Tessa&Scott at practice today! They were looking very focused and calm. The music is very classical and beautiful but I think this program will be like Mahler, it will only get better the more you see it! They did parts of the program in their run through, loved the straight line lift (crazy body control required) and the last rotational lift was sooo fast. Spin also had beautiful positions! The music built up towards the end and they looked so happy and joyous skating it! I can definitely imagine them skating it at the olympics, major goosebumps just thinking about it..And I quite liked the ending, it was simple yet effective.

    The SD parts also looked soo great and effortless. It was great for a first practice, can't wait for tomorrow!!
    Thanks!

  8. #308
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,555
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Even Mahler costumes? I am not sure its good for them.
    I think it may be good for them......but you know tessa ...she will change the costume a couple of times.

  9. #309
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I think it may be good for them......but you know tessa ...she will change the costume a couple of times.
    I agree and maybe it's just for practice. Also it's very early in the season, maybe the costumes are not ready yet.

  10. #310
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by musketeer View Post
    I saw Tessa&Scott at practice today! They were looking very focused and calm. The music is very classical and beautiful but I think this program will be like Mahler, it will only get better the more you see it! They did parts of the program in their run through, loved the straight line lift (crazy body control required) and the last rotational lift was sooo fast. Spin also had beautiful positions! The music built up towards the end and they looked so happy and joyous skating it! I can definitely imagine them skating it at the olympics, major goosebumps just thinking about it..And I quite liked the ending, it was simple yet effective.

    The SD parts also looked soo great and effortless. It was great for a first practice, can't wait for tomorrow!!
    Thank you so much musketeer! Enjoy the practice tomorrow!

  11. #311

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    329
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38

  12. #312
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The dress looks really nice in the second picture that woman tweeted (the one marikat linked to ). Love the way the skirt seems to float.

    https://twitter.com/eelinpaas

    Some quotes at the above twitter:

    From Tessa:
    "Sometimes we say that the beginning of this program is sort of picking up where the end of Mahler left of."
    From Scott:
    "This is the right vehicle to get us where we want to go."
    Check out the position in the photo that comes with the tweet with the Scott quote. Gorgeous!

  13. #313
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    I know, it's gorgeous!! Thanks for bringing this twitter account to our attention.

  14. #314
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    167
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm torn about the dress. It's the OGM dress,so it's good luck. But they have grown so much as skaters and dancers, why not make a new history starting from a brand new dress?

  15. #315
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That´s not the dress she wore in Vancouver.

  16. #316
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    167
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It seems the new dress has a different shade and design. So it's not entirely the same. That's good. It reminds people of the good old days, but it also have a new look. I see what they are going for.

  17. #317
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,025
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    I'm torn about the dress. It's the OGM dress,so it's good luck. But they have grown so much as skaters and dancers, why not make a new history starting from a brand new dress?
    Its just a practice though. IIRC they were practicing both the SD and the FD it said on the schedule. And that the dress she wore for practice for 2011 worlds SD
    Edit: This dress https://pp.vk.me/c9354/v9354791/106f/r3dVDdbWl1o.jpg

  18. #318
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    167
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    OK, not rush to any conclusion. Just wait and see what they bring in the real competition. Oh god, all the waiting makes me a bit jumpy.

  19. #319
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is the dress white or light blue?

  20. #320
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    167
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    Is the dress white or light blue?
    It seems light blue.

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •