Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Oh I see. Thanks Pani. If the SD is Friday they might be at practice on Thursday.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Keep an eye out for teams coached by Dubreuil and Lauzon, they had several teams at the Quebec summer games, they all had very interesting choreography. Interesting to see this team - especially noted how the twizzles fit the character of the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Did anyone else watch the dancing at Nebelhorn? I did (my youtube sd list has been updated!), and I just wanted to stop by and whine about how much I hate the SDs (mostly the music - if I never hear Big Bad Voodoo Daddy again it'll be too soon). I struggled just to get through them! V/M's is literally the only one I've enjoyed sitting through so far... Am I alone?!?! I will say that I've been enjoying the FD's! I loved V/M, H/D, P/I, and the glimpses of I/K... Maybe I'll spend all season skipping the SDs haha.

ETA: FD playlist now updated from Nebelhorn (top 3 + reeds)
    Did you get to see Tessa & Scott's FD??? What's it like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    Tess and Scott haven't debuted their FD yet. I think missjd was referring to their SD or another team.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    Sorry bbkenn, I haven't seen it! I was saying that v/m's SD was the only one I've enjoyed so far this season. And the others listed were the FDs I've liked! Not much longer to wait though, V/M are debuting their FD weekend!!

ETA: Thank you Cherub721 for the link!
    Last edited by MissJD; 09-30-2013 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Keep an eye out for teams coached by Dubreuil and Lauzon, they had several teams at the Quebec summer games, they all had very interesting choreography.
    Agreed. Here's one I loved: Laurence Fournier-Beaudry and Niolaj Sorenson. They skate for Denmark (she's Canadian), and they probably are already the best ice dance team Denmark has ever had.

(And yes, I know this is off-topic,but we'll be back on topic very soon with Finlandia happening this week).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks for.review. What do you think about top 3 teams a this event?

And sorry, but I didn't find new link to the HD FD. You could watch them on ISU YouTube channel in all FD translation.
    I can give only a short answer, because the "Ice-Rink-illness" hit me (no surprise after beeing almost 13 hours every day at the rink without fresh air ;-))
    After watching the Free Dance Practice of the last group I prefered Paul/Islam, but during the Competition they weren't THAT good. They both are very gracile and they showed nice lifts, but Hubbel/Donohue were more present on the Ice (we called her "Mama Madison" because she was always near the boards cheering when a team member was on the Ice - all three days!).
    Monko/Khaliavin are not my cup of tea (although I loved what they said about Tessa and Scott). For me their movements are way too hectic but I like their speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Agreed. Here's one I loved: Laurence Fournier-Beaudry and Niolaj Sorenson. They skate for Denmark (she's Canadian), and they probably are already the best ice dance team Denmark has ever had.

(And yes, I know this is off-topic,but we'll be back on topic very soon with Finlandia happening this week).
    This is interesting, but I liked this FD after I saw it in summer. Hope to see them at ECh in FD.
    I also like one junior team,.who skated I think on Beatles medley and I think it was Syr, but I can't.remember second patner name. They were coaches by Shawn Winters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sternfunken View Post
    I can give only a short answer, because the "Ice-Rink-illness" hit me (no surprise after beeing almost 13 hours every day at the rink without fresh air ;-))
    After watching the Free Dance Practice of the last group I prefered Paul/Islam, but during the Competition they weren't THAT good. They both are very gracile and they showed nice lifts, but Hubbel/Donohue were more present on the Ice (we called her "Mama Madison" because she was always near the boards cheering when a team member was on the Ice - all three days!).
    Monko/Khaliavin are not my cup of tea (although I loved what they said about Tessa and Scott). Fmovements are way too hectic but I like their speed.
    Thank you for review! Get well soon!

vCash
    Can't wait to see their costumes! Here's an old pic of V/M on a Finlandia poster. pic

vCash
    Does anyone know if Finlandia will be streamed live anywhere? I NEED to see it live!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Can't wait to see their costumes! Here's an old pic of V/M on a Finlandia poster. pic
    I am so excited! I've missed them; can't wait to see the FD, changes they've made to the SD, their costumes, their beautiful faces, etc., etc..

From what I've seen looks like only the Saturday and Sunday events are being streamed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    That's a great picture. I really loved Carmen.

vCash
    I had a lovely retrospective of Carmen today.....watching their various performances. I always thought i enjoyed skate canada the most but now i really dontknow which is my fave.

vCash
    I'm torn between Skate Canada and Worlds. But I think I will go with Skate Canada. Seeing that program for the first time was like nothing I've ever experienced as a figure skating fan. I remember, even today, my reaction at the stop to exit the twizzles. I was so (and remain so) in awe of that program. I hope that someday people will look back and single it out as one of the greats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I'm torn between Skate Canada and Worlds. But I think I will go with Skate Canada. Seeing that program for the first time was like nothing I've ever experienced as a figure skating fan. I remember, even today, my reaction at the stop to exit the twizzles. I was so (and remain so) in awe of that program. I hope that someday people will look back and single it out as one of the greats.
    You know when i analyze things Skate Canada was all about MY reaction to them. The worlds though to me was almost a triumph without the gold. The Roar....rrrrrr as it reverberated through the rink set such a tone for the rest of it.
    Last edited by Emdee; 10-01-2013 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    During Nebelhorn translation on Eurosport they showed best 3 at WCh. And when they show Carmen commentator o British Eurosport said - they was dissapointed considerng,how they skated this FD
    Russian commentators discussed, how Carmen was interesting, how such different programs was made by the same coach - Zoueva And one of them said - VM show more deeper emotions.
    But this was last season, will see what they will show in this season.

vCash
    Anyone who know Russian can translate this please? http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/36241/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Anyone who know Russian can translate this please? http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/36241/
    Nothing new. He think PB have very good skatin skills, wich is compare to top teams. About how he worked with IK and RT That VMand DW have not only advantages, but also disadvantages? like all others.
    He won a lawsuit against Canton ice rink nd against Marina Zoueva.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Nothing new. He think PB have very good skatin skills, wich is compare to top teams. About how he worked with IK and RT That VMand DW have not only advantages, but also disadvantages? like all others.
    He won a lawsuit against Canton ice rink nd against Marina Zoueva.
    Oh! I didn't know there was a lawsuit or I completely forgot.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast