Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Is that true for this comp though? I know it's randomized for GP events and ISU championships, but I didn't think Sr Bs were like that too.
    It is my understanding that even in B's they randomize them, perhaps someone with more insight can help us out here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    No one is talking about fixed scores. The panel was strict, that is all. I mean, hello? 7? 8.25s? But that doesn't mean there was fixing.
    Why is it D&W never get the so-called "strict" panel?

vCash
    That is the million dollar question, isn't it? The subjective side of this sport is both what makes it wonderful, and frustrating.

vCash
    Just.watched protocols from FT 2011. Without mistakes VM got... 68 in SD. So we.all know,.what.marks they got for.SD at.2012 WCh

vCash
    I'm also really concerned about them. They seem to be fighting serious nerves nowadays. How can they overcome that?
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Strict panel is V-M ubber and follow this team around every where

vCash
    They're constantly challenging themselves with difficult, intricate choreography from their blades to their fingertips, I'm sure even more challenging than Carmen was, so it takes a while to build up their perfection. As the links above show, their errors early in the season are not totally uncharacteristic. I guess since the twizzle error at WCh last year, we tend to expect every little bobble to be devastating, but at this time of the season, it really is not.

The difficult panels certainly an opportunity for growth, but it does seem to set a precedent and pecking order for the year. Pani, I don't recall their SD score at WCH, please tell me that you're saying that even though they start slow, their WCh score reflects improvement?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Just.watched protocols from FT 2011. Without mistakes VM got... 68 in SD. So we.all know,.what.marks they got for.SD at.2012 WCh
    Yeah, I was thinking about that too.

vCash
    I don't think that's the issue, Rafter, although I respect and understand where you're coming from. Ugh, I hate discussing D-W because I have a very strong opinion about what they do and what gets rewarded and that opinion usually gets me into trouble with their fans and I hate confrontations with them or any other people really. But, whatever, we're on the subject and I am not insulting anyone. So, I'm gonna post my take, which is mine and no one else's. I put up that sort of disclaimer there because certain fans tend to generalize what people say on this thread and then run all over the Internet saying we all think this or that, as if the V-M fans were just one person. Truth is there are many disagreements among us, we just happen to share our admiration for V-M. Everyone can post, even occasionally argue about something and no one gets tossed out for disagreeing with a fellow V-M fan. No one is bullied into leaving or passive-aggressively condescended to, we have many disagreements and we all accept them. Okay, so having said that, this is what I think: D-W skate simple. See the lack of turns? Variation of holds? Transitions in between elements? Lack of pace control? See all the time they spend on flats? See how OPEN they are? Now, I am not talking about flaws, these aren't flaws, okay? These are omissions. But they allow them to go from element to element with a huuuuge margin of error. That's who they are as skaters. It's a team that's very consistent and never puts a foot wrong because they avoid creating opportunities that might cause them to put a foot wrong. And that, whether we like it or not, is very smart.

That's my take. I tried to be as frank as possible, again, it was not my intention to insult or offend anyone. I am not being snarky or sarcastic, what I wrote there is what I genuinely believe. Just my opinion and everyone here is free to disagree.
    Last edited by Golightly; 10-04-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Because I don't think sarcasting is a word.

vCash
    Well, then in order to win, what is the answer? Skate more simply and make no errors or skate a more difficult program and risk errors? If a team has the skill to skate an intricate program, obviously if they skate perfectly, there is no controversy, however is it worth the risk?
    In other disciplines flawed skates are rewarded under the premise of superb skating skills, but somehow not so much in dance - ironic, isn't it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I'm also really concerned about them. They seem to be fighting serious nerves nowadays. How can they overcome that?
    I agree with you. Usually coaches help skaters with this.
    I hope they could show all there potential in there last season. Hope they will show, what the show during practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Well, then in order to win, what is the answer? Skate more simply and make no errors or skate a more difficult program and risk errors? If a team has the skill to skate an intricate program, obviously if they skate perfectly, there is no controversy, however is it worth the risk?
    In other disciplines flawed skates are rewarded under the premise of superb skating skills, but somehow not so much in dance - ironic, isn't it?
    And therein lies the problem.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with today, I was just replying to Rafter's post.

Do I think V-M are held to a much higher standard? Sadly, yes. But do I think they can more than meet it? Absolutely. So, let's hope they will and trust their process. I am not worried about today because I saw things that I liked today. Levels? They will work on those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    And therein lies the problem.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with today, I was just replying to Rafter's post.

Do I think V-M are held to a much higher standard? Sadly, yes. But do I think they can more than meet it? Absolutely. So, let's hope they will and trust their process. I am not worried about today because I saw things that I liked today. Levels? They will work on those.
    Exactly, you make very good points - and they haven't even skated their FD yet.

vCash
    Just watched the SD. I understand everyone being disappointed at the mark but I really thought that was a great showing for V/M - I thought it looked as smooth as silk and really well prepared. The only obvious mistake to my eye was the twizzle and Tessa even managed to make that look smooth. I saw no evidence of the nerves people are talking about. Yes, they really get nailed in the marks for an error and I don't know why that is, but I loved it.

vCash
    I think Chock and Bates lost the whole element - just as Paul and Islam did.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    Wow... that was really very lovely! I love the details in their upper body movement and it feels like they really worked on adjusting their skating to truly suit the style of the dance (something I've criticized them for in past SDs)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    They're using petit adagio by glazunov, waltz in concerto no 2 by glazunov and allegro moderato by scriabin for the fd.
    Concerto 2 by Glazunov?? I thought they were using the waltzs from The Seasons? I wonder if ISU updated their bio page

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Concerto 2 by Glazunov?? I thought they were using the waltzs from The Seasons? I wonder if ISU updated their bio page
    Those are from The Seasons.

I know somebody posted when the FD starts but I can't find it.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Those are from The Seasons.

I know somebody posted when the FD starts but I can't find it.
    I thought marikat meant piano concerto no. 2. I don't remember anything from The Seasons called concerto 2 I need to refresh my memory I only remember the waltzs Catherine posted on the blog. But I'm glad they chose Petit Adagio it suits them to the T.
    Last edited by parapluies; 10-05-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast