Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Some Virtue and Moir praise near the end of this interview with Russian ice dancer, Ksenia Monko:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...f-the-elements
    That is soo right. They are both incredibly good looking too. It's a super duper Plusssss!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Some Virtue and Moir praise near the end of this interview with Russian ice dancer, Ksenia Monko:

That was so sweet of her to say

vCash

Their comments on V&M are very similar to my thoughts and why I think they are without question the best ice dance team of this quad (and a few others). I take their comment to be in line with my thoughts that these two are in physical harmony with each other while they are skating. As they poinedt out many teams have skated many years together but these two have taken that familiarity to another level. Whenever they separate or break dance hold throughout their choreography they are always within reach of each other to reconnect. One or the other simply places their hand into the others to get back in hold, there is no tugging or running to reconnect. They know where the other should be and the other is there, that requires a lot of skill and harmony and as fellow competitors they recognize that. I think the connection discussion around Tessa and Scott too often moves into chemistry or "look how pretty they are, I wish they were a couple" when, imo, the connection is that they skate as one, they always know where the other is on the ice, are always in reach of each other that enables them to transition smoothly throughout their choreography and elements. It all weaves together beautifully and each move makes sense and is integral to the theme they are skating. Far too often, imo, they do it so well that they make what they do look too easy and others fail to recognize what they are watching. It´s nice, for me, to read this young team gets it. Things may not always go the way they wish regarding results but I hope it's a comfort to them to see that fellow skaters get it even if the judges don't always.

YEAH!
    vCash
    ITA with bmcg. In some ways I think the "connection" thing has hurt them because as you said, people think it's about chemistry and gazing into each other's eyes, and then if people don't have that subjective feeling of "chemistry" watching a program or find the program lewd or unromantic (Carmen), it's derided as a failure.

When I think of their connection I think of how they got on their knees and grabbed hands after the twizzles in Mahler... because you have to be in perfect sync and not drift away from each during the set to do that. Or all of the lifts that require Tessa to lift herself as Scott is lifting her, as opposed to the men who yank the women into the lifts. Or how they float during a closed hold footwork sequence, while others jostle for position and struggle to keep their posture.

vCash
    Did anyone else watch the dancing at Nebelhorn? I did (my youtube sd list has been updated!), and I just wanted to stop by and whine about how much I hate the SDs (mostly the music - if I never hear Big Bad Voodoo Daddy again it'll be too soon). I struggled just to get through them! V/M's is literally the only one I've enjoyed sitting through so far... Am I alone?!?! I will say that I've been enjoying the FD's! I loved V/M, H/D, P/I, and the glimpses of I/K... Maybe I'll spend all season skipping the SDs haha.

ETA: FD playlist now updated from Nebelhorn (top 3 + reeds)
    Last edited by MissJD; 09-28-2013 at 07:57 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I only watched the top 3 SDs... P&I's was ok, but they struggled through a lot of it. I like that they have a simple, elegant lift, and since it was still level 4, I wish others would go in this direction as the more acrobatic lifts don't go with these rhythms. I thought M&K's was just terrible and I didn't understand H&D at all. I think it's going to be a loooong season watching these SDs, but not as bad as the Latin season...

vCash
    I am under impression from Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ FD! The only FD i love. It look so different from al others at this competition.
    HD skated Crone-Porie 2010 FD. When i watched it i miss Vanessa so much.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    ITA with bmcg. In some ways I think the "connection" thing has hurt them because as you said, people think it's about chemistry and gazing into each other's eyes, and then if people don't have that subjective feeling of "chemistry" watching a program or find the program lewd or unromantic (Carmen), it's derided as a failure.

When I think of their connection I think of how they got on their knees and grabbed hands after the twizzles in Mahler... because you have to be in perfect sync and not drift away from each during the set to do that. Or all of the lifts that require Tessa to lift herself as Scott is lifting her, as opposed to the men who yank the women into the lifts. Or how they float during a closed hold footwork sequence, while others jostle for position and struggle to keep their posture.
    V/M certainly have a bond and relationship unlike any of the other top dance teams, but I agree with the chemistry vs. connection analysis. Connection in partnered dancing is literally a physical connection. It's the utilization of the dance frame to communicate movement between the lead and the follow. It's a language rooted in movement. Proper movement patterns for each dance are important for excellent performance of each dance. If one person isn't moving properly, it increases the odds of there being an error. Cherub's examples are all perfect ones for how V/M's connection in practice on the ice. V/M's connection comes down to their movements individually and together as dancers. Connection in partnered dance has nothing to do with bond, staring into each other's eyes, finishing each other's sentences, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I am under impression from Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ FD! The only FD i love. It look so different from al others at this competition.
    I am in Oberstdorf watching the whole competition and I really fell in love with the FD of Sara and Adrian! I love that couple since I saw them the first time in Bern 2011, but today they totally blew me away! They were miles away of the others today with their idea, all the little details and the whole package. "Picasso" is a little masterpiece!

vCash
    I´m with both of you. I really love what they tried to create and appreciate the work that went into their choreography and lifts to create something interesting. So happy to see them qualify for the Olympics as this program should build throughout the season. I like what Dubreuil and Lauzon are building and in particular their work with the Spanish team. I´m excited to see how they all develop over the next few years (knock on wood).

vCash
    Now you guys have got me interested in seeing this program! I didn't see theirs, and when I tried to watch on YouTube it said it was blocked because of copyright. Anyone have a link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sternfunken View Post
    I am in Oberstdorf watching the whole competition and I really fell in love with the FD of Sara and Adrian! I love that couple since I saw them the first time in Bern 2011, but today they totally blew me away! They were miles away of the others today with their idea, all the little details and the whole package. "Picasso" is a little masterpiece!
    Thanks for.review. What do you think about top 3 teams a this event?

And sorry, but I didn't find new link to the HD FD. You could watch them on ISU YouTube channel in all FD translation.

vCash
    I too loved Hurtado/Diaz. Their FD was my favorite of the night. It's packed with interesting transitions and it flows beautifully from the first move to the last. Kudos to Dubreuil/Lauzon.

vCash
    That was my exact reaction too. It's a good program, but watching it is bittersweet for me, since it brings back memories of Crone/Poirier and what could have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    That was my exact reaction too. It's a good program, but watching it is bittersweet for me, since it brings back memories of Crone/Poirier and what could have been.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xbFy7F642o

I really did love these two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post

I was impressed with this two in Torino so much
    Feel said for Vanessa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I was impressed with this two in Torino so much
    Feel said for Vanessa
    I know. Of course I can't know the reasons for the split but when you see what those two were capable of in 2009/10 it really is a shame they didn't weather whatever storm broke them apart. They were such good skaters, their abilities beautifully matched and, imo, always had interesting programs.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Now you guys have got me interested in seeing this program! I didn't see theirs, and when I tried to watch on YouTube it said it was blocked because of copyright. Anyone have a link?
    Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UFo9hbzXvI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post

I've never seem that before. So beautiful! And like the rest of you I loved Hurtado/Diaz's FD. It was so interesting and unique, kept my attention till the very end (loved the ending by the way).

When are practices supposed to start for Finlandia Trophy? We haven't heard anything from camp V/M since HPC, I know they've been working hard. I'm like one big ball of excitement, anxiousness, and nerves.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Shayii, you could download practice schedule in PDF format
    http://www.stll.fi/finlandia_trophy/schedule/
    Ptactice will start October 3. But i am not sure someone will be there on Oct 3, but a lot off Russians will go on Friday Oct 4

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast