Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    "I find with a lot of teams now, it gets so wrapped up in the acrobatic nature of lifts that all you see is the same flailing, and it isn’t dance any more.”
    ...very true, that is what makes tessa and scott's programs mesmorizing, their dancing ability and precise movement mixed with strong character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Kharis Ralph and Asher Hill on Tessa and Scott in a new interview:

source
    Always great to hear when skaters express their adoration of Tessa & Scott.

vCash
    Oh! Umbrellas at Nationals was BREATH TAKING! I was moved to tears by that performance.

vCash
    I wonder what type of fashion V/M will be ultimately sporting for the SD? Will they go for a 1940s hipster look? Perhaps hair slightly messy, sleeves rolled up, dress a bit disheveled from a night of hard dancing in a smoky jazz club? My hope is yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I wonder what type of fashion V/M will be ultimately sporting for the SD? Will they go for a 1940s hipster look? Perhaps hair slightly messy, sleeves rolled up, dress a bit disheveled from a night of hard dancing in a smoky jazz club? My hope is yes.
    Interesting idea. Zhulin like this style (looking at his work for Ice Age)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I like that Idea!

vCash
    Finlandia is next week already. I was so anxious for it to come that now I'm nervous.
    Last edited by Shayii; 09-27-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Finlandia is next already. I was so anxious for it to come that now I'm nervous.
    I am nervous too.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I'm also nervous.

vCash
    I am not nervous. I think they will have two wonderful programs and remember they are skaters who progress throughout the season. Think Mahler!

vCash
    I know they'll be great. The nerves I have are due to something else. Is there a schedule out for Finlandia?
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    I know they'll be great. The nerves I have are due to something else. Is there a schedule out for Finlandia?
    http://www.stll.fi/finlandia_trophy/schedule/

vCash
    Thanks. I wouldn't get to see the SD until Saturday morning probably.

vCash
    I'm so reassured by their August performance of their SD, so not nervous at all, just very excited with anticipation to seeing their FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    I'm so reassured by their August performance of their SD, so not nervous at all, just very excited with anticipation to seeing their FD.
    You are right, maybe i need just wait and enjoy there first cometition of the last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    first cometition of the last season.
    I know, so sad, isn't it? But you're right, whatever happens this season, we need to just need to take a deep breath and enjoy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    I know, so sad, isn't it? But you're right, whatever happens this season, we need to just need to take a deep breath and enjoy.
    This is what i feel too.

I intend wearing my yellow shirt for skate canada

vCash
    Some Virtue and Moir praise near the end of this interview with Russian ice dancer, Ksenia Monko:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...f-the-elements

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Some Virtue and Moir praise near the end of this interview with Russian ice dancer, Ksenia Monko:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...f-the-elements
    Thanks for this!

Relevant section (emphasis added)
    "EV: Who out of the current competitors in ice dance stands out?
    KM: I like Tessa and Scott the most. They have some kind of connection that exists all the time. You look at one of them and understand you can't imagine them without the other. I like the way they glide, how one element comes out from the previous. Even Maril and Charlie dont't have that., even though both pairs have been skating together for a very long time."

THIS!!! Exactly. Also, I'm not surprised that she loves them... Zhulin is her coach, haha. I'd be willing to bet he has his teams watch v/m vids as lessons...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Thanks for this!

Relevant section (emphasis added)
    "EV: Who out of the current competitors in ice dance stands out?
    KM: I like Tessa and Scott the most. They have some kind of connection that exists all the time. You look at one of them and understand you can't imagine them without the other. I like the way they glide, how one element comes out from the previous. Even Maril and Charlie dont't have that., even though both pairs have been skating together for a very long time."

THIS!!! Exactly. Also, I'm not surprised that she loves them... Zhulin is her coach, haha. I'd be willing to bet he has his teams watch v/m vids as lessons...
    What you have bolded is one of the KEY things that make Tessa & Scott unique. Yes, there are many couples in dance and in pairs who have a connection but never do I get that same kind of feeling that someone is missing when I see only one of them. I am almost envious of the kind of relationship these two have both on and off the ice -- we should all be so lucky to have as good a friend in our lives as these two are for each other.

I plan to enjoy their skating this season without getting too wrapped up in their placements and/or scores -- well that's my plan, let's see how well I can stick to it I love what I have seen of their SD in it's early stages and am looking forward to seeing it's progression. As for the FD -- I fully expect it to knock my socks off, especially as we get closer to Sochi. In my mind, they are still the couple to beat.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast