View Poll Results: Who will be go to Sochi ?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sinitsina / Zhiganshin

8 20.51%
  • Stepanova / Bukin

4 10.26%
  • Rizanaova/ Tkachenko

19 48.72%
  • Monko / Khaliavin

9 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Who will be the 3rd Russian Ice Dancers in Sochi ?

barring injuries B/S and I/K are shoo ins

but 3rd spot is up for grabs, not much mileage yet as it is early in the season
    but who can score potentially the highest or can be a threat for that 3rd Olympics spot

some videos have been posted by dobrinfan from their FD
    only SD I've seen from R/T

Stepanova/Bukin FD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcGVQqlT4hI

Sinitsina / Zhiganshin FD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liXTSK8hpJg

Monko / Khalaivin FD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJJeSDu97s8

Riazanova / Tkachenko SD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i9apab9fx4

thought on the programs !

vCash
    Rizanaova/ Tkachenko haven't progressed in the last 3 years. They are vulnerable but the other teams will have to take the 3rd spot from them.

vCash
    R/T have been so steady as thirds! they are almost as immovable at 3 as B/s are at 1 and I/k at 2!! Sure I think S/Z are great and better than R/t but seems like R/t all the way.

vCash
    I think R&T will be the Rubleva/Shefer of 2014 and get thrown under the bus at the last minute in favor of a young promising team that needs the experience for the next quadrennial.

vCash
    I also thought R/T could be like R/S. I also just checked and G/B!!! Beat B/S as late as 2009! I don't know all the details of That and if there was injury but If you look at 2006-2010 because of the constant absences of D/S Russian nationals was a free for all! From 2011 to present there has never been a different order. B/S always first in every segment and basically the same for I/k and r/t- except for the brief and strong flirtation with khloklova/Andreev possibly taking over the third spot.

vCash
    I still haven't seen R&T's FD, but the SD was pretty meh and they didn't look that improved technically over last season. I'm not expecting anything special from yet another POTO FD from Shpilband either.

S&B and S&Z's FDs were both disappointing, technically and stylistically.

I didn't like M&K *at all* previously, but they look the most improved and ready to go of all the teams listed above. They were already 4th at Nationals, and skated very well when called up to the WTT to fill in after the top 3 teams passed. They were a solid second at Nebelhorn last week. I voted for them.

If R&T lose the Olympic spot, I predict that will be it for them as a team and he'll look for another (smaller) partner if he wants to take another shot at 2018.

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    I hope it is Monko / Khalaivin. I really love their kinda weird mimes FD. Technically they looked improved, too.

I've given up on R/T. She is stunning and I feel like they have so much potential but everything they do is so bland and vanilla and safe and lacking in tech. Hoping to be proven wrong at some point.

vCash
    Stepanova-Bukin may have a great future, but for the 2014 Olympics I picked R&T as their 3rd team.

vCash
    R&T deserve it. They were #3 this whole quad and out of honor should be sent to the Olympics.

vCash
    I think it'll be R&T and the others will have their chance after Sochi, but I'm not completely certain. If R&T fall or something then I'm sure they will lose the spot.