Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Lovely SP costume for Miki! re. the LP: If, as rumors have it, her LP will be to Firebird, then Miki will join the list of skaters who have gone back to old programs this season.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash

Miki showed the short program of this season and said "I wish you to watch me warmly"

This is an article in "Sports Hochi" in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

Miki showed the short program of this season and said "I wish you to watch me affectionately."
    September 22nd. 2013

In September 21st, the former Worlds champion Miki Ando (25, Shinyokohama Prince Club) who gave child-birth in April participated to the ice show in Kasamatsu Sports Park in Hitachinaka city, Ibaraki prefecture. She showed the short program of this season at the first time in the public place, but didn't reveal the music name which has been attracting attention.

She appeared with the golden costume which the brilliant rhinestone was studded. As for the combination jump which was planned in the beginning, she failed because it became single rotation of single jump, but succeed the next triple Salchow and double Axel.

She was enthusiastic, saying "It was not in the state where it can skate in front of the audience because the practice was still insufficient, but I think that the feeling was good. I would like to practice so that it may become a better program".

The music of the short program seems has been selected by the Russian choreographer and she explained it, saying "It is the image shining while walking the skating life without forgetting my own personality".  However, as for the essential music name, she requested to the press not to publish it until the Nabelhorn Trophy (in Germany in September 26th-28th) which is her return match, because there is a problem on the contract.

In the finale, she landed the triple Lutz which she failed in the beginning of the short program. She seems to have felt the response, saying, "It was a lack of rotation, but it connects to my confidence because having been able to jump without failure". Ando appealed to the audience, saying "I am the player who has a wave but I wish you to watch me affectionately." She ended the rehearsal which she skates in front of the audience. Then, she is going to start on a trip to Germany which becomes the first step to Sochi.

The road to the Sochi as for Ando:
    The Ladies of Japan have three spots for the Sochi.
    First, winning within 7th place with Kanto Championship of the preliminary competition of Japan Nationals, and winning within 6th place with the Eastern Japan Championship (November 1st-4th, Gunma General Sports Center), she must get the qualification to participate to Japan Nationals (December 21st-23rd, Saitama Super Arena) of the Sochi Olympics representative selection meeting.
    Her Olympics of the 3 games continuation is fixed if clearing the minimum technical point which ISU specified by the time of the Japan Nationals and winning the championship in the Japan Nationals.

The article:
    Miki showed the short program of this season and said "I wish you to watch me affectionately."
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000220-sph-spo

Reference:
    Miki Ando in the EX "Amazing Grace"
    http://www.asahi.com/digital_pr/arti...1309210292.jpg

Miki Ando in the short program.
    http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/201...2691281017.jpg

The official facebook of Miki Ando
    https://www.facebook.com/miki.ando.official
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 09-22-2013 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    The article in "Sponichi" published on September 19.
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...006644860.html

TV asahi, which aired the exclusive interview with Miki of her giving birth, announced they would air the competition exclusively on their CS TV Asahi channel 2. "It seems the intention of the TV station with the televising right of the event was also involved and the federation was left out of the story," a person concerned with JSF confused. It said there were arguments both for and against her entry. The JSF officials discussed on the issue on September 2. One of the members belongs to designating athletes section betrayed "It was beyond our extent."
    Takasu Clinic announced they would support Miki financially after the exclusive interview. Dr.Takasu, the president of the medical corporation, frequently tweets about Miki. He tweeted recently that his corporation made the deadline for the official sponsor of Nebelhorn. Now Miki has a strong "team"(TV Asahi, Fuji TV, and Takasu Clinic) but still without a coach. It's kinda irony, though.

P.S.
    One more photo of her SP
    http://amd.c.yimg.jp/im_siggwzM1wB98...000-1-view.jpg
    Last edited by rosewood; 09-23-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: added one more photo of her SP

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    ... Miki has a strong "team"(TV Asahi, Fuji TV, and Takasu Clinic) but still without a coach. It's kinda irony, though...
    That makes two. Just like Gracie Gold with her strong "team" (NBC-SOI-USFSA), yet no real coach.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I find it wonderful that Nike Japan would choose her to be a part of the campaign. Good for her!

vCash
    Go Miki and Gracie!

vCash

In Nebelhorn Trophy from September 26th, Miki Ando challenges her return match.

This is an article in "Sankei Shimbun" in Japan.

In Nebelhorn Trophy from September 26th, Miki Ando challenges her return match.
    September 25th, 2013

Photo:
    Photography: by Hirota Kiriyama
    Miki Ando who waves the hand after finishing an ice show. In Neblhorn Trophy, she faces up to her return match after an interval of two years.

By Kyodo Press
    In September 26th, Nebelhorn Trophy which combines the preliminary competition for the Sochi Olympics opens in Oberstdorf. In this event, Miki Ando (Shinyokohama Prince Club) who aims at the participation to the Olympics three times successively after child-birth faces up to her return match after an interval of two years.
    In the short program in September 26th when 35 players participate, she skates at 4th order.

Ando took rest after the Japan Open of October, 2011 which she competed by FS only. The event which she skates with both SP and FS is from the Worlds in April, 2011 which she won her second championship.
    In Nebelhorn Trophy, she aims at clearing the minimum technical score (SP 20.00, FS 36.00) which ISU specified as the condition for participating to Olympics.
    Japan has each three spots for Olympics for Men and Ladies.

vCash
    Her program choices sound perfect, and very different from one another. Go, Miki!!!

vCash

Ando participated to the official practice to her return match after 3 seaons.

This is an article in "Nikkan Sports" in Japan.

Miki Ando participated to the official practice to her return match after an interval of three seasons.
    September 26th , 2013

The photo:
    Photography: by Manabu Inoue
    In the venue where Nebelhorn Trophy is held, Miki Ando faced up to the official practice.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...6-1195148.html

In September 25th, the former Worlds champion Miki Ando finished her final tuning up which aims at her return match after an interval of three seasons.

In the venue of Nebelhorn Trophy which is opened in Oberstdorf of Germany in September 26th, she participated to the official practice.

As for her who gave birth to the girl in April, it is from the Worlds in April of 2011 that she competes in the official competition which skates with both SP and FS.
    In this day, she showed an energetic movement with black wear. As for her, it could watch the satisfactory adjustment, such as having nailed the combination jump of double Axel-Triple Toeloop, too. She competes to SP in September 26th, and competes to FS in September 27th.

The article:
    Miki Ando participated to the official practice to her return match after an interval of three seasons.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...6-1195148.html
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 09-25-2013 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    thanks for the news, i can't wait to see miki live tomorrow.

don't know what to say, if 'the firebird' rumour comes true. she already skated to this music 2 seasons, as she was entering the senior scence. I'm not a fan of this music either but would like to se how miki will skate to it, 10 years after the first time.

vCash

Itaqlian Volta Rizzo became the new coach of Ando

This is an article in "Yomiuri Shimbun" in Japan.

Valter Rizzo became the new coach of Ando.
    September 26th, 2013

By Junko Nagai from Oberstdorf, Germany
    In September 25th, the official practice was held and Ando tuned herself up lightly with "Fire Bird" of the free skating of this season. Then, she revealed that she requested the coach of this event to Italian Valter Rizzo.

The article:
    Valter Rizzo became the new coach of Ando.
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news...htm?from=ylist

Translator's note: "I misspelt the Italian of the title. I'm sorry."
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 09-26-2013 at 04:25 AM.

vCash
    i wonder if that would be this guy, Walter Rizzo. He has an unusual background!
    http://faiellascali.altervista.org/sportweek1.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    i wonder if that would be this guy, Walter Rizzo. He has an unusual background!
    http://faiellascali.altervista.org/sportweek1.html
    Yes, that's him! Valter, not Walter He has collaborated with Morozov so maybe that's why Miki chose him.

vCash
    The photograph from "Miki Ando" official facebook"
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

vCash
    According to the rumor on twitters,

Miki Ando seems to have confirmed the music choice: SP "My Way" and FS: "Firebird". Baby Himawari seems to be with her in Oberstdorf.

Miki seems to have said that she has no coach yet, Yuko Monna is helping her in training at home town and Valter Rizzo is coaching her in Oberstdorf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    thanks for the news, i can't wait to see miki live tomorrow.

don't know what to say, if 'the firebird' rumour comes true. she already skated to this music 2 seasons, as she was entering the senior scence. I'm not a fan of this music either but would like to se how miki will skate to it, 10 years after the first time.
    Now it's confirmed, Jeschke

Tatjana Flade tweeted:
    Miki Ando (JPN) confirms music choice: SP "My Way" and FS: "Firebird".
    Baby Himawari is here with her in Oberstdorf at NHT.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Here's a clip on YouTube I found, I believe from Nebelhorn practice - a partial run though of her program to firebird, no jumps and not even all the choreography

http://youtu.be/I0fPPaLcHWI

vCash
    What would be the irony if, in her post-partum season, Miki Ando won it all this year.

I'm personally rooting for her. I love Firebird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Here's a clip on YouTube I found, I believe from Nebelhorn practice - a partial run though of her program to firebird, no jumps and not even all the choreography

http://youtu.be/I0fPPaLcHWI
    Thank you for introducing the clip!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast