Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Why is that so hard to believe? I know many a married couple who avoid each other at all costs (at least from time to time) and they don't have the great excuses of going to the other side of the world for a tour.
    I do know that for many couples, it's not so easy to separate and many stay for a multitude of reasons (and class and culture play a big part into that as well). Maybe Paltrow and Martin really are staying together for the sake of their children and/or they believe it's better to be unhappily married then divorced like so many do. However, I feel people are motivated by their animosity towards Paltrow to believe and spread such rumors. I mean it may be true, and just because you don't like a particular person doesn't mean you can't be right about them. I just find it difficult to believe considering Paltrow and Martin have such resources to have a divorce and live a happier life if things were really that bad. I mean touring is grueling and having to drag your bandmates into it just to avoid your wife is really a lot to believe. It may be true that Coldplay is touring for financial reasons and the love of performing and maybe not being with Gwyneth is icing on the cake, but it sounded like Chris Martin only toured to avoid Paltrow. I admit that I can't pretend I'm objective since I do think the Paltrow hate tends to be way over-the-top (more over-the-top than the ridiculousness of what Paltrow says/does which is saying a lot), so I'm less inclined to believe it. However, I do think the converse may be true too and some people may actually want the rumors to be true so they can revel in it.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I love Gwyneth, Cate Blanchett can suck it, and I LOVE Coldplay.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Really though, if he despises her so much, why won't he just get a divorce or at least a separation? Yeah, I know those are hassles and money makes things complicated, but people as privileged as them could easily do it. By easily, I mean easy relative to most people.

Staying as far away from her as possible and going on tour (just to avoid her) is really a bit much to believe, even for the most ardent and dedicated Paltrow haters.
    What you are saying makes sense. Which thread did you mean to be in??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I am not a fan of either Paltrow nor Coldplay and I think the "Chris Martin tours all the time to avoid her" rumor sounds exactly like the sort of stupid shit people make up because it makes them feel better about their own Paltrow and/or Coldplay hate. It makes a great story, but it's not really credible.

After all, if Martin really found Paltrow insufferable, he simply wouldn't have married her. No one held a gun to his head and it's not like they got married after a two day courtship, either. He knew what he was getting into and, from what I can tell, he's no picnic to live with himself. So maybe he tours all the time because she doesn't like him home and underfoot all the time.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Word is that her husband stays as far away from her as possible and tours non-stop to keep from going home.
    Or perhaps he's just a successful musician.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I can't remember who skated to it but Chris Martin wrote the song "Fix you" for Gwyneth after her father died. Very sad and pretty song.

I've never really understood the hate for Coldplay as I think most of their songs are really good but everyone has their own taste.

Gwyneth does seem to be a few steps out of reality though with her GOOP ideas for better living etc.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Gwyneth Paltrow: Ellen DeGeneres keeps talking about her bikini line.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/0...kini-line.html

vCash
    : I'll bump this Gwyneth thread up for the news today. She and Chris Martin are splitting up.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...ation/6885101/

Not too surprising. There have been rumors about him cheating, especially with Kate Bosworth.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    How could he do that to her? Everybody loves Gwyneth.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    That announcement is so pretentious (like everything GOOP). Conscious uncoupling? Bitch, please
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    That announcement is so pretentious (like everything GOOP). Conscious uncoupling? Bitch, please
    I know, right? I saw the title and thought WTF is this, scifi skit about spaceships leaving the hub via Hal-like computer decisions vs. human control? Or, ya know, less dorky readers could come up with their own interpretations, but it's New Age pretentiousness to the max.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Someone I follow on Twitter just pointed out that "Conscious Uncoupling" sounds like a Coldplay album.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    divorce is for peasants!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I know, right? I saw the title and thought WTF is this, scifi skit about spaceships leaving the hub via Hal-like computer decisions vs. human control? Or, ya know, less dorky readers could come up with their own interpretations, but it's New Age pretentiousness to the max.
    Chris won't be able to run away fast enough.

And I bet he'll stop at a Wendy's too, just for the hell of it.

vCash
    So what's an "unconscious uncoupling", then? I guess it's when people break up who are not as highly evolved as Mr and Mrs Goop

vCash
    I hate when the Gwennie threads get bumped.

vCash
    They want to "consciously uncouple and co-parent?" WTF? She is completely delusional.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Well, I'm glad to hear that it's amicable (if that's what "consciously uncouple and co-parent" means).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Or perhaps he's just a successful musician.
    Or, as I said, he was staying as far away as possible.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast