Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I'm not going(I wish) but I just wanted to horn in and say I love Budapest! Hope I can get back someday.All of those going for the first time, you will love it. I never had a problem with English, shops, restaurants were all great, they spoke english very well. Had a harder time in Prague.

Yes. I was there 5 years ago and yesProblem is you don't know which ones to pick, too many, too delicious (drooling)
    We have a 2nd home in Budpest, so I speak from current experience: Beware of the highly-touted Gerbeaud and other expensive cafes that have recently switched to "lite" menus. (Yes, if you can imagine 'pastry lite'...but there's nothing 'lite' about the cost!) Gerbeaud and many other cafes, such as Russwurm and Central Cavehaz, no longer sell the old-time favorite treats like Dobos Torta, mignons (petit fours), and chestnut puree. Cafe Muvesz on Andrassy Avenue, near the opera house, is one of the few famous old-style cafes that still has Dobos Torta, mignons, a wonderful hazelnut-buttercream torta, etc.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Hello All,
    Just had an email to say they will be on sale from Monday 11th November. Also information will be on weekend prior to this date.
    Thanks for the update! I think it's hilarious, though, that there's just 2 weeks between when this year's tickets and next year's tickets go on sale. Here's hoping the event in Stockholm is well organized and oozing awesomeness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    We have a 2nd home in Budpest, so I speak from current experience: Beware of the highly-touted Gerbeaud and other expensive cafes that have recently switched to "lite" menus. (Yes, if you can imagine 'pastry lite'...but there's nothing 'lite' about the cost!) Gerbeaud and many other cafes, such as Russwurm and Central Cavehaz, no longer sell the old-time favorite treats like Dobos Torta, mignons (petit fours), and chestnut puree. Cafe Muvesz on Andrassy Avenue, near the opera house, is one of the few famous old-style cafes that still has Dobos Torta, mignons, a wonderful hazelnut-buttercream torta, etc.
    Hmmm 'pastry lite'...Is that because everyone has gotten'health conscious'? That's ok I still wanna go back. How lucky you are to have a home there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Hmmm 'pastry lite'...Is that because everyone has gotten'health conscious'? That's ok I still wanna go back. How lucky you are to have a home there.
    I recently asked the manager of Gerbeaud about the change in menu and she told me that it was more for Americans and other Western tourists, who had asked for more healthy options. Believe me, all of the lesser-known 'local' pastry shops still sell the old-time goodies. So the changes in the more famous cafes sought out by tourists are due to demand from the tourists, not locals. The one big exception is Cafe Muvesz, among the famous cafes in tourist guides.

The favorite cafe of 'locals' is a bit out of the way from the city center. It is Daubner on Szepvolgy ut (street), on the Northern Pest side - technically in the neighborhood of Obuda. If you have a morning to spare and want to taste THE best cakes in all of Budapest, seek it out.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I cant forget the chestnut puree I had once eaten there, I hope I can find it somewhere in Budapest again!

vCash
    I just got an email saying that the pre-sale starts on Wednesday, 6th Nov at 10.00 (CET, I suppose) and ends Friday, 8th Nov at midnight.

Also:

Ticket purchase will become public for everyone on 9 November 2013.

For all important information about the ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2014 Budapest please visit www.efsc2014.com

For additional information follow us on facebook at:

www.facebook.com/Budapest2014FigureSkating
    But the website is stil not working

vCash
    The website is now running! Tickets are on sale from Saturday the 9th.
    I am debating whether I should go for an all events gold, because it's relatively cheap (at least relatively to other championships), or if there is not so much difference with the standard seats. I've watched competitions in different arenas from different positions, and I don't find the seats on the short side of the arena (standard) so bad. But maybe for once I could treat myself with better seats, hoping not to regret the extra cash spent..
    thoughts?

vCash
    I think it works better to sit on the short side than to sit near the end of the wide side, because then when the skater goes to the other part of the rink, they dissapear from your sight for a moment. But if you can get a seat in the middle of the wide side, it's awesome and totally worth it.

I'm wondering about practices now, because the website says they're not included in the all event/all day tickets... do they only mean 13th and 14th or are practices on competition days also charged extra?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I think it works better to sit on the short side than to sit near the end of the wide side, because then when the skater goes to the other part of the rink, they dissapear from your sight for a moment. But if you can get a seat in the middle of the wide side, it's awesome and totally worth it.

I'm wondering about practices now, because the website says they're not included in the all event/all day tickets... do they only mean 13th and 14th or are practices on competition days also charged extra?
    I asked them about this and they said that no practices were included and that I should buy the practice tickets on the website, but the ticketing site only shows practice tickets for the 13th and 14th, so either the practices on competition days are closed, or we must be able to get in if we have a ticket for the event that day?

vCash
    I got my ticket yesterday. Thank you all for information.
    I have a question: I have an Iphone and would like to by a telefon card for internet, to be able to read the forum during the competition (or is there WiFi in the arena?). So which cards may I check? I'm only interested in internet. Thank you

vCash
    I also got a ticket yesterday. See you in Budapest!

vCash
    How did you get your tickets already???

vCash
    There is a presales for people who had booked by email. About the tickets, the two wide sides on the low level are gold price, premium is narrow sides of arena and standard price is the upper balconies only .

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Are the seats numbered?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Yes, they are. You can select the exact seat you want on the seating plan on the website.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    That's kind of a shame, it was so much fun last year when everyone could sit together (several FSUers + friends).
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Got 4 all events tickets in section 106 row 8, wahoo excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by levineismine View Post
    The website is now running! Tickets are on sale from Saturday the 9th.
    I am debating whether I should go for an all events gold, because it's relatively cheap (at least relatively to other championships), or if there is not so much difference with the standard seats.
    Cheap? FYI, the all-event gold ticket costs half of an average month's salary in Hungary...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Cheap? FYI, the all-event gold ticket costs half of an average month's salary in Hungary...
    It is relatively cheap. All events gold ticket cost around £170, whereas worlds in Nice the all events gold ticket was around £600.

vCash
    But Nice was Words and expensive. 2010 Turin cheaper, all late Euros except for Swiss were cheaoer too.

We got 115 first rows, judges site, I hope there isnt a glass in front like Turin or something. First time I m so close to the ice and on the judges site!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast