Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Oh don't worry, everyone has the right to complain of course (I also thought it was going to be a bit cheaper). But the prices vary a lot from year to year and it really depends on where it's held. In general I think events held in Eastern Europe are notably cheaper than the ones held in the West (Sheffield was a surprising exception to this!). Expect Stockholm 2015 to be at least Budapest x 2.
    More than 2x I believe

vCash
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/16/tr...ies/index.html

The world's best city is ...

2. Budapest

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    More than 2x I believe
    Yeah you're probably right. The wealthy Swedes with their Ikea and H&M and what not.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    It wasn't so expensive when Gothenburg go worlds 2008. Euros the year after that 2009 was way more expensive, about 1,5 times worlds gold ticket. It's way I decided not to go

vCash
    In general I think events held in Eastern Europe are notably cheaper than the ones held in the West (Sheffield was a surprising exception to this!).
    I know that the organising committee for Sheffield Euros decided to keep the ticket prices low to (hopefully) fill the arena.
    Here's hoping for a similar strategy if, as anticipated, NISA bids to hold Worlds ...
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Any news on when tickets will be going on sale?

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Still no update on exact timing. It was due to be this week according to another poster but they just told me "middle of October". Hopefully any day now!

vCash
    A friend of mine mailed them today and they told her to be patient, some problems with their site they said, so i didnt bother them at all.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    More than 2x I believe
    Well, it should be less than Switzerland anyway... (works out beautifully for me, of course, for once I don't need to think about travel and accomodation! ).

ETA: I looked up the prices for Stockholm 2015:
    Prices for the All Event tickets will be
    Category A: 4.900 SEK

Category B: 2.800 SEK
    That's roughly USD 770/440 or €560/320, so not quite as bas as I thought it would be.

The All Event tickets for Euros 2015 go on sale at the end of November (maybe that should go in a thread of its own, instead of hijacking this one, sorry!)
    Last edited by Evilynn; 10-23-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: pricing for Euros 2015

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    The All Event tickets for Euros 2015 go on sale at the end of November (maybe that should go in a thread of its own, instead of hijacking this one, sorry!)
    I wonder if tickets for Euros 2015 will be available earlier than Euros 2014.

Speaking of... It's almost November now. Oh well.

(But yeah, Stockholm 2015 will be a little bit cheaper than Helsinki 2009 was (IIRC that was 600/400€)... still compared to 2012-2014 but that was to be expected. At least I can take a cheap ferry!)
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    No webside,no ticket sale,what's going on?What are they waiting for?????

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I wonder if tickets for Euros 2015 will be available earlier than Euros 2014.
    One is absurdly late, and the other absurdly early?

vCash
    I'm definitely buying for 2015. Would love to go this year, but the scheduling is weird. Is mens seriously the only thing happening on the Saturday? The easiest day for people to get there? Jeez. I can't take much time off work, so would love to leave for Budapest on the Friday and come back on the Sunday, but when factoring in flights, all I'd be able to see is mens. Is it worth it? Mens is by far the best event...

And just an FYI, the 2015 tickets will be on sale on November 26, according to http://iof2.idrottonline.se/SvenskaK...bundet/EM2015/

vCash
    Wow, the tickets for 2015 will be on sale soon But I wonder who will buy those bronze level tickets, Globen is huge and you can't see anything from those seats. It's wishful thinking that the events would sell out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I'm definitely buying for 2015. Would love to go this year, but the scheduling is weird. Is mens seriously the only thing happening on the Saturday? The easiest day for people to get there? Jeez. I can't take much time off work, so would love to leave for Budapest on the Friday and come back on the Sunday, but when factoring in flights, all I'd be able to see is mens. Is it worth it? Mens is by far the best event...
    ITA, the schedule is a mess. I don't get why you would have only one event on Saturday and then yet another one on Sunday before gala if you could have both on Saturday?
    Also, I don't like the day ticket thing (versus single event tickets). I mean, flights considered, I would be able to go to ice dance on Thursday, both events on Friday and men on Saturday and I have to pay the same price for each day, even though one day I see two events and the other two days I see just one? and why is Saturday's price the same as all others if it only has one event? Like I said, one big mess.

Which is too bad, because flight tickets and accommodation in Budapest are really in reasonable prices.

vCash
    The schedule is really odd. I reckon Trankov saying in one of the interwiews that they condiser not competing, because PF is on Sunday morning. Let´s move the competition to Barcelona... I would suggest Helsinki, but it would be very expensive to many of you.

vCash
    Well, they do call it a "preliminary time schedule", so maybe they'll come to their senses and change it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Well, they do call it a "preliminary time schedule", so maybe they'll come to their senses and change it?
    Maybe they are & that's why the tickets are taking so long to go on sale! (I wish...)

vCash
    I'm not going(I wish) but I just wanted to horn in and say I love Budapest! Hope I can get back someday.All of those going for the first time, you will love it. I never had a problem with English, shops, restaurants were all great, they spoke english very well. Had a harder time in Prague.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    A friend who hasn't been to Budapest in over 15 years still regularly about the pastries he had there.
    Yes. I was there 5 years ago and yesProblem is you don't know which ones to pick, too many, too delicious (drooling)

vCash
    Hello All,
    Just had an email to say they will be on sale from Monday 11th November. Also information will be on weekend prior to this date.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast