Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Mind if I join the fun/help?

I'm trying to get myself free at work for Euros, so hopefully I'll be able to attend.

That is true. There is a funny saying here: Try looking bored and/or depressed as usual Hungarians do, because once ticket inspectors find out you're a tourist, you're gonna have a bad time. They think tourists are walking purses.

Shouldn't it be something like 'hai-rah'?

On youtube, I've found another video from a foreigner guy looking at the things he loved and hated while in Budapest. It's worth watching.
    thanks for that link, I enjoyed that!!
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    They mailed me the prices in euros(exchange rate of 30th Sept),
    1)day tickets are 22,38,55 for standard, premium and gold seats (15-18Jan),
    2)day ticket for 19Jan is 12,22 or 32, (pairs only I guess, no gala)
    3)all event without Gala is 79(standard), 138(premium) or 200(gold) and the official training costs 10 euros per day(!)(they price 13, 14 Jan) ,
    4)Gala costs from 55-67 and for Gold seats there is no option for Gala, I mailed them if Gold all event includes the gala or something, and the training, no answer yet.

I dont know where is standard seats etc..

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Thanks for the update Senorita.

I have to say it's more expensive than I expected - Euros in the UK last year was cheaper for all event including gala if my memory is correct!

Anyhow, never mind. Did they provide you with any information about when the tickets will go on sale?

Thanks!

vCash
    ^they only write that on this site http://www.ticketpro.hu/ the following days I ll be able to buy.

vCash
    Guyt, it will be terribly expensive. Outrage!

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    I mailed them if Gold all event includes the gala or something, and the training, no answer yet.
    Don't get your hopes up about practices, the training rink is kinda small (well, that hosts nationals and there were the JGP-s, and it's fine for that, but it was actually filled with a JGP audience), and most probably they won't let anyone in at all (or maybe those with accreditation.)

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Guyt, it will be terribly expensive. Outrage!
    was not expecting that.. i got tickets instead for Canadian nationals.. I will have to see Budapest some other time
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Thank you for all the info. Yes it was cheaper in UK but not in Switzerland. If it is gala and practices included it would be OK

vCash
    200 euro the gold all even ticket without the gala and without practices

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Is there a seating chart or something that will tell us the difference between standard, premium and gold?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    At the moment there is nothing

vCash
    So when are we going to be able to buy the tickets?

vCash
    good question...

vCash
    I had an email from the federation saying they will be on sale on http://www.ticketpro.hu/ from next week. There will be a pre-sale period of 3 days where those who have sent in enquiries will get an early access code, but I don't know if this applies to anyone who has contacted them with an enquiry, or if there's a different selection process. We won't see a seating chart until the ticket website goes live.

vCash
    I've tried to log onto the ticket pro website and find an email address but nothing on the website, does anyone have it, so I can send them an email.

Also on a separate note, has anyone managed to view the euros website. It appears down.
    www.efsc2014.com

vCash
    Another ticket update: the all event tickets do not include access to practices: you must buy tickets for the official practice days (13th-14th Jan) and also the practices on the competition days. No one will be able to access the practice rink, only the main rink.

I have to say it's a bit ridiculous that they are charging so much more than Zagreb and Sheffield but not including practices or the gala. The best category in Budapest just to watch the competition is twice what I paid for the best category in Zagreb to see everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    I have to say it's a bit ridiculous that they are charging so much more than Zagreb and Sheffield but not including practices or the gala. The best category in Budapest just to watch the competition is twice what I paid for the best category in Zagreb to see everything.
    I agree with you but then again, it's still cheap considered to some other Euros (cheapest all-event for Helsinki Euros was 400€ IIRC). Also, I don't think the prices being slightly higher will affect the 'big international skating fans' that much. + or - 100 euros, they'll go anyway. I'd be more worried about the expensive day/event tickets, which is what the casual public tends to buy. And since Hungary doesn't really even have any big names to promote the event with (I guess the ice dancers are the best they currently have), I fear that locals will not find their way to the competition and the rink will be empty. In which case it'll just be FSUers, Les Supporteurs and Orange Team etc. cheering together.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I thought they told me that on the days of competition practice is free, you have to pay only on the 13 and 14 january. Still 10 euros for practice is a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I agree with you but then again, it's still cheap considered to some other Euros (cheapest all-event for Helsinki Euros was 400€ IIRC). Also, I don't think the prices being slightly higher will affect the 'big international skating fans' that much. + or - 100 euros, they'll go anyway. I'd be more worried about the expensive day/event tickets, which is what the casual public tends to buy. And since Hungary doesn't really even have any big names to promote the event with (I guess the ice dancers are the best they currently have), I fear that locals will not find their way to the competition and the rink will be empty. In which case it'll just be FSUers, Les Supporteurs and Orange Team etc. cheering together.
    Oh, I only started being able to go to events in 2010 so I didn't realise that it was that expensive before! I guess I should stop moaning then We'll be there in full force with the Orange Team if the tickets ever go on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    I thought they told me that on the days of competition practice is free, you have to pay only on the 13 and 14 january. Still 10 euros for practice is a lot.
    This is what I was sent today:
    The all event ticket doesn’t include the Official trainings, neither the Gala.

You can buy tickets separately for the official training days (13-14 Jan) and the competition days' training in the Main Arena on the website of Ticketpro. Trainings in the Practice Rink won’t be open for the public.
    It's not completely clear, but I think that it means we have to buy an extra ticket for any training, even if it is the day of the competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Oh, I only started being able to go to events in 2010 so I didn't realise that it was that expensive before! I guess I should stop moaning then We'll be there in full force with the Orange Team if the tickets ever go on sale!
    Oh don't worry, everyone has the right to complain of course (I also thought it was going to be a bit cheaper). But the prices vary a lot from year to year and it really depends on where it's held. In general I think events held in Eastern Europe are notably cheaper than the ones held in the West (Sheffield was a surprising exception to this!). Expect Stockholm 2015 to be at least Budapest x 2.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast