Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I want to attend live skating next year.

I want to visit Budapest next year.

So why aren't I going?!

Sad times.
    Yes, why aren't you? It'll be loads of fun!

I think it's kinda dangerous if you want to travel to an event just to see one specific skater. Will the whole thing be ruined for you if the skater withdraws?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Also, who wants to do this??
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    If I get to be there (oh money you scarce bastard!), you can count me in.

vCash
    Yes, why aren't you? It'll be loads of fun!
    Sigh I reeeeeally want to. Live Euros + Budapest + meeting FSUers for the first time + (Hungarian men) = deliciousness, but it's the £££. That 'ole chestnut. I have a big move planned for next summer, and as I can only work part-time at present, I have to depressingly watch every single penny (still, it'll be worth it )

I think it's kinda dangerous if you want to travel to an event just to see one specific skater. Will the whole thing be ruined for you if the skater withdraws?
    Oh I'd want to watch and support them all. There are so many I'd love to see live (S/S, Korpi, Sot, Tuk, V/T, P/B) but I'd just enjoy the whole thing and take in the atmosphere. There's nothing quite like sporting events in person IMO. I'm going to see if there's a way I can make it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    If I get to be there (oh money you scarce bastard!), you can count me in.

Oh I'd want to watch and support them all. There are so many I'd love to see live (S/S, Korpi, Sot, Tuk, V/T, P/B) but I'd just enjoy the whole thing and take in the atmosphere. There's nothing quite like sporting events in person IMO. I'm going to see if there's a way I can make it
    Oh I wasn't referring to you (Eladola mentioned hoping mostly to see Plushenko), I know you support them all.

Sigh I reeeeeally want to. Live Euros + Budapest + meeting FSUers for the first time + (Hungarian men) = deliciousness, but it's the £££. That 'ole chestnut. I have a big move planned for next summer, and as I can only work part-time at present, I have to depressingly watch every single penny (still, it'll be worth it )
    Fingers crossed then! Also if it helps at all, I've been checking out accommodation etc. in Budapest and it's CHEAP (dirt cheap compared to e.g. Paris and going to TEB).

I'm hoping the all-event tickets will also be very much affordable.
    Last edited by Hanna; 09-15-2013 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    ^I've just been looking on HostelWorld, and yes, it's VERY affordable.

Hmm...

vCash

IT'S ON

Find me on Facebook : Elad Fleeb

vCash

Oh I wasn't referring to you (Eladola mentioned hoping mostly to see Plushenko), I know you support them all.

Fingers crossed then! Also if it helps at all, I've been checking out accommodation etc. in Budapest and it's CHEAP (dirt cheap compared to e.g. Paris and going to TEB).

I'm hoping the all-event tickets will also be very much affordable.
    Very true, I was checking the prices and a week there costs half of four days in Paris!

vCash
    you guys really make me want to reconsider my plans for January ...

vCash
    The Szimplakert is open in winter too.. http://www.szimpla.hu/ don't miss it! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIG9NOETR9vCRSTuMYaS61A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exYXYZqG_qo Budapest: Thank You is Köszönöm

and yes, the hungarian is a very weird language..this was the Hungarian song at the Eurovison Song Contest 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJwk8E0XUo0 it's not a very good song, but the singer sang in Hungarian and many people like it, and voted for it because of the language.
    Last edited by lala; 09-15-2013 at 08:07 PM.

vCash
    I didn't bother to read the tread until now because I didn't plan to attend Euros, and now, I'm clearing my schedule to go!
    I'll wait until we know the price for the all-events tickets, but Budapest seems an affordable city compare to Paris

vCash
    Ah the power of FSU.

vCash
    I do!)) damn, why do we only fly for 4 days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    The Szimplakert is open in winter too.. http://www.szimpla.hu/ don't miss it! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIG9NOETR9vCRSTuMYaS61A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exYXYZqG_qo Budapest: Thank You is Köszönöm

and yes, the hungarian is a very weird language..this was the Hungarian song at the Eurovison Song Contest 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJwk8E0XUo0 it's not a very good song, but the singer sang in Hungarian and many people like it, and voted for it because of the language.
    Even though it is off topic: The hungarian eurovision song was the best in years, even I voted for it (your link does not work with me though). I guess tastes differ, but it definetly was no cheap dance thing solely composed for points, it had heart. And I like indie boys...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    Even though it is off topic: The hungarian eurovision song was the best in years, even I voted for it (your link does not work with me though). I guess tastes differ, but it definetly was no cheap dance thing solely composed for points, it had heart. And I like indie boys...
    I also like the song, I just wanted to say, the song isn't a tipical song for the Eurovision. Simple, sweet song in Hungarian language, I think this is the song's magic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygEqdA0jqfw with english subtitles
    Last edited by lala; 09-16-2013 at 05:48 PM.

vCash
    ^I did like that song. And even though I usually have allergic reactions to guys in those glasses, a slouched beanie and a leather jacket, I could just about stomach it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    The same here. I thought it was the best song this year.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    I'm seriously considering going.. I met so many nice people when I was volunteering at Worlds last year and previous Grand Prix events in North America.. anybody else from Canada considering going the flights and hotel from Toronto are really good - you can do the full week for less than $1500..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Yes, do it!

vCash
    Mind if I join the fun/help?

I'm trying to get myself free at work for Euros, so hopefully I'll be able to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by tralfamadorian View Post
    Yes, there a metro station right by the arena, it's just 2-4 stops from the center (depending on which part of the center you want to go to), 15 minutes max. There's also a tram and buses etc. but I never use those in that area so I don't know them well, but the metro should be the fastest anyway. Generally public transport is pretty good in Budapest, and there's also a quite decent night service, especially in the center. (Although like someone else said, make sure you have a ticket, because the inspectors have a thing for fining foreign tourists who don't have one, but you won't be able to get on a metro without one anyway, since these days they check tickets at the enterance. Tickets are not too expensive btw. Website of the Budapest public transport company is: http://www.bkv.hu/)
    That is true. There is a funny saying here: Try looking bored and/or depressed as usual Hungarians do, because once ticket inspectors find out you're a tourist, you're gonna have a bad time. They think tourists are walking purses.

Quote Originally Posted by Poggi View Post
    hajrá is something I can't even write down with English-like pronounciation
    Shouldn't it be something like 'hai-rah'?

On youtube, I've found another video from a foreigner guy looking at the things he loved and hated while in Budapest. It's worth watching.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast