Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I don't remember Sale and Pelletier doing many jumps as professionals
    me neither, but those other pros, they need to do more of them ::

i think her answer to the sochi question had nothing to do with the question that was asked. i dont think she has a clue about why there is controversy over sochi. it sounded like she was talking about dont ask dont tell.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Snarks aside, I loved the interview and I love the way Jenny and Dave are able to get skaters to answer honestly and not repeat the same PC responses we've been hearing for the last fifteen years.
    For one, they tend to let their guests speak and don't interrupt with the next pre-planned question.

One of the principles of negotiation and interview techniques is to use silence, since people tend to keep offering information and explanations to fill the space.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Wonderful interview! I think I came away from this interview with a better understanding of what makes Jamie Jamie. She helped me realize that most skaters are in their own complete bubble and only focused on what is going on in their individual lives; that doesn't necessarily mean that they are ignorant, but instead means they are focused on their own goals and minding their own business, which is a very good thing. I also appreciated her blunt honesty and wise philosophies on life. I fear I may have misjudged her at times in the past and have had false impressions of her, but now I see her in a better light.

LOL, Jamie feels the same way I do about the Evans and the Johnnys; I also don't like the "drama" and we should be focused more on the serious athletes who are actually out there COMPETING to be Olympic hopefuls. Enough of the talking about competing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    me neither, but those other pros, they need to do more of them ::
    Whether you like her as a "person" or not, you have to acknowledge that S/P did not, in fact, give up most of their difficult tricks. They may have stopped performing side by sides jumps in their pro routines, but they certainly kept up their throw jumps and difficult moves, some of which were more difficult than allowed in eligible competition where they would have been illegal. Right to the end their programs were well thought out, well choreographed and performed. They did not let up as pros at all as she quite rightly claims, even when they were going through a difficult break up. Their programs got a bit darker in that period and they stopped gazing lovingly at one another, but they were still intense, well rehearsed and difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Wonderful interview! I think I came away from this interview with a better understanding of what makes Jamie Jamie. She helped me realize that most skaters are in their own complete bubble and only focused on what is going on in their individual lives; that doesn't necessarily mean that they are ignorant, but instead means they are focused on their own goals and minding their own business, which is a very good thing. I also appreciated her blunt honesty and wise philosophies on life. I fear I may have misjudged her at times in the past and have had false impressions of her, but now I see her in a better light.

LOL, Jamie feels the same way I do about the Evans and the Johnnys; I also don't like the "drama" and we should be focused more on the serious athletes who are actually out there COMPETING to be Olympic hopefuls. Enough of the talking about competing.
    Well said! I've always been fan of Jamie's both as a skater & person..and have often times felt she was misjudged. She definitely fits the saying of "love her or hate her.." Agree, this was a wonderful interview by both Jamie & the TSL team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12