Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I must be exceptionally lucky - all but one of my female bosses were terrific women, whom I respected greatly. I still keep in touch with most of them, by phone occasionally, or Christmas cards. Of the two men I worked for, the 81 year old was a complete gentleman, always showing concern for my health, family, anything at all, and his brother, the 76 year old, was arrogant and very conscious of his own superiority. I did run into a fellow once who had difficulty accepting instructions from a woman, but that was very likely a cultural issue.
    I've run into female bullies on occasion, but thankfully as co-workers and not supervisors. I try to remain polite and distant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I don't see much "bullying" in this article.... I see examples of very demanding, perhaps unreasonably demanding, bosses, who happened to be women..... I've seen the same "demanding" personalities in male bosses..... I am a female, yet I hardly remember which gender I am when working, and DO DEMAND (not bully but demand!) from people the work they signed up to do and are paid for.

If any differences that I see in a work environment, is that women gossip more than men. Men like to gossip too, but it is less socially acceptable, so they hold their tongues back....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12