Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

George Zimmerman back in police custody after domestic altercation involving gun

vCash
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-09-2013 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    He hates white blue-eyed women.....

vCash
    Oh just his soon to be ex-wife.

vCash
    Is it legitimate that I want him to be denied bail.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    His soon-to-be ex-wife may not press charges, but it looks like the police are holding him for the time being anyway.

I remember an op-ed after the trial ended, that mentioned Zimmerman has now inherited the pains of a black man when he killed one. Looks like it's coming to fruition.

vCash
    Shocking. Was she wearing a hoodie and armed with skittles and iced tea by any chance?

He's scum.

vCash
    This from the CNN article:

"The incident comes two months after Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, was found not guilty of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

Hudson said earlier that police are following procedure by placing Zimmerman in investigative detention.

"Anytime we have anybody suspected of doing anything, we place them in investigative detention until a complete investigation has been done," Hudson said. "

Had they followed that last paragraph, may be Trayvon's family would have had a stronger case.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I read elsewhere that Shellie Zimmerman (and her dad, I guess?) declined to press charges, so GZ has been released.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I read elsewhere that Shellie Zimmerman (and her dad, I guess?) declined to press charges, so GZ has been released.
    I guess they did not want to deal with Mark O'Mara who would have won the case for Zimmerman.

charming i'm sure
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I guess they did not want to deal with Mark O'Mara who would have won the case for Zimmerman.
    Domestic violence allegations are often denied after the police intervention has occurred. That might have been part of it, it might have been any other number of things. Do I think Zimmerman is a loose cannon, yeah. But we don't know why she declined to press charges

vCash
    I am not official, just speculating here. I think I read that it was her lawyer who called her off of the chase. Am I nasty in assuming it was something like well, if he's in jail your spousal support in a separation and divorce is in jeopardy. So she forgot whether or not the gun was in his hand. Seriously. BLAH.

vCash
    Well, his wife is a piece of work herself.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/nation...icle-1.1448699

George Zimmerman's wife is asking that he pay for a permanent life insurance policy with her named as the beneficiary, according to a divorce petition made public Friday.Shellie Zimmerman said in the petition that her husband should pay the premiums on the policy since he "has the financial ability to obtain such life insurance at reasonable rates."
    Seriously??!! What part of "once it's over, it's over" doesn't she understand? You want to divorce your husband, that means he owes you NOTHING once it becomes final. You're on your own.
    Last edited by Karina1974; 09-10-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    That is a very typical divorce settlement. I don't understand your response.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    The guy had a history of run-ins with the law long before he killed an unarmed Trayvon Martin. Arrest for assault against a police officer, domestic disturbance (doesn't surprise me), he was also fired from a security job for being 'too aggressive'. I knew he'd run afoul of the law again I just didn't think it would be this soon. And he's going to end up in trouble again. And again. He's just that kind of a swell guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Splitting up accumulated-during-marriage $$/property is one thing, but that life insurance policy to benefit HER as paid for by HIM, considering she now wants a divorce, is a bit out of bounds, don't you think? And if he does win that defamation suit against NBC, and it happens after their divorce becomes final, why should she get any of it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Splitting up accumulated-during-marriage $$/property is one thing, but that life insurance policy to benefit HER as paid for by HIM, considering she now wants a divorce, is a bit out of bounds, don't you think? And if he does win that defamation suit against NBC, and it happens after their divorce becomes final, why should she get any of it?
    Because she got dragged through the mud with him?

Though I don't understand the life insurance policy at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I've never met anyone with that as part of their settlement. Maybe if there were children involved, I could see it as insurance for child support. But what would be the reasoning for it otherwise? Most courts don't award much alimony anymore, and certainly not for very long.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I've seen the life insurance thing in a lot of divorce settlements. Another typical provision is to ask for half of the 401k.

Life insurance is pretty cheap. Some of you are acting like she's asking for all the marital assets not half of them plus the dogs and a little life insurance. (I'm assuming the dogs are basically hers and that's why she's asking for custody.)
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I'm just wondering why would someone even think to ask to be a beneficiary on an ex's plan if there are no children involved? I don't understand the reasoning there. People move on with other relationships, so if George married someone else, of course the new wife would be the beneficiary--not the ex. I'm just trying to understand the reasoning here.

Now, it could be different if children were involved, but I thought Zimmerman had no children. Is that incorrect?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast