Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't know why Lysacek would be training like a mad man instead of sipping Mai Tais if he's crying wolf about coming back to compete. No one needs to ask on a regular basis whether he's back in training, like we do with Weir.

Lysacek might be unrealistic, but he's doing the opposite of crying wolf: he's hauling his butt to the rink and hurting himself by training.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    No skater has to "go away."

I get that Evan isn't everyone's cup of tea, but geez, you'd think it was totally unfair for him to even take a shot at this the way some on this board are acting.
    Why doesn't the Anti-Evan group "go away" for a while.
    You've made how you feel very clear.

vCash
    Because he's dealt with a number of nagging injuries in recent years, I'd expect Lysacek to tread carefully with comeback announcements. Shen and Zhao come to mind in this respect: they didn't discuss the possibility of a comeback constantly, their names just showed up on the GP lists back in 2009. In hindsight, maybe this would have been a better approach for Lysacek, too.

As for the Shibs, it doesn't sound like anything serious. Hopefully they'll use the free time well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Where is Evan due next? SA?
    I think the most we can expect is HGTV, hosting Property Virgins. Here's hoping...

vCash
    Neck injury for Shibitani? That was Moir's reason last year for pulling out of Finlandia. The cynic in me wonders if the Shibs are actually getting a new SD or FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Neck injury for Shibitani? That was Moir's reason last year for pulling out of Finlandia. The cynic in me wonders if the Shibs are actually getting a new SD or FD.
    If I were a betting person, I would put money on FD

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't know why they wouldn't just say that they got feedback on their program at Champs Camp and are going to work on it. It's not like they are the headliners for this competition, or that thousands of their classmates were going to travel to SLC to see them skate.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Or perhaps the required lifts make it easy to strain your neck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Because he's dealt with a number of nagging injuries in recent years, I'd expect Lysacek to tread carefully with comeback announcements. Shen and Zhao come to mind in this respect: they didn't discuss the possibility of a comeback constantly, their names just showed up on the GP lists back in 2009.
    Eh, apples to lycees there. The government-controlled, censored Chinese media made it difficult to find out much about Shen and Zhao's return. In the US, where a crazy thing known as the First Amendment exists, reporters can write about Lysacek if they want to, or and readers who don't like it can read something else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Why doesn't the Anti-Evan group "go away" for a while.
    You've made how you feel very clear.
    THIS! Go Evan and all other skaters trying to make a come back! I personally find it exciting when such skaters are in the mix.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    There are many senior internationals between SLC and the Olympics, including four between US Nationals and the Olympics. They're all in Europe, and if he were to make the Olympic team and still need the minimum score, he could acclimate while gaining the score and head straight to Sochi.
    I can't edit my original post now, but Sylvia pointed out here that the minimum scores must be met by the entry deadline of 27 January 2014 -- not the beginning of the Olympics, as I had thought -- and there are two, not four, senior internationals for Men between US Nats and the Olympic entry deadline: Hamar Trophy (17-19 January) and Skate Helena (21-25 January). The Bavarian and Sarajevo Opens are too late, and he'd need a minimum score for 4C's, even if USFS decided to send him even if he makes the Olympic team. (If he doesn't, this is all moot.)

There aren't any announcements yet for either competition in 2014, but the 2013 announcements show that they're open to all ISU members. Hamar Trophy only had Senior Ladies last year, not Men, and there were only a handful of competitors from three countries for Senior Ladies.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345