Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shadow dancing
    vCash
    WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    That was a great game. My husband was cheering for OSU, because that was the only chance of getting the B10 in the championship, but I've never really like OSU. So for MSU.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I am so over the moon for my Spartans!! What a great game! Spartan Nation celebrates big tonight... I'm so proud to be an alumnus of MSU!

vCash
    Sad for Arizona state U. (they were blown away by Stanford), but many interesting results this past weekend.

ASU will now play against one of my alma maters (Texas Tech) in the Holiday Bowl.

I was happy that Michigan state beat Ohio state. Auburn beat Missori- another desired result. It moved Auburn to #2 and in the championship game. One of my coworkers went to Auburn, so he is very happy and I am happy for him.

Fiesta Bowl has Baylor (#6) against U. of Central Florida- somewhat disappointing. I hope people from FL make the trip to the southwest.

vCash
    We're number one. Yay.

Can't really be that enthused about a 13-0 record and a trip to the national championship, given that our likely Heisman-winning quarterback may be a rapist. Yeah, they dropped the charges because there wasn't enough evidence to make a case, but it's still a he said/she said crap sandwich. And the response to the announcement of the case being dropped...stop cheering, you shirtless morons who showed up in front of the building, there's nothing festive about this situation. He was not "found innocent".

vCash
    It's fitting that Baylor is playing at a bowl sponsored by a Frito Lays brand, considering the student and local population is known for this amazing fritos based dish. I was in Waco for work and stopped at this place called Vitek's which is a huge Baylor hangout and they have a truck out at every Baylor home game. Their specialty is the GutPak, which is Fritos, topped with cheese, and then beans and onions and pickles, then chopped beef with bbq sauce, then smoked sausages, and finally two slices of bread. Here's a pic. The only thing that would have made it more awesome was a hangover.

http://baylorlariat.com/2013/04/07/v...s-close-early/

vCash
    Congrats to the Michigan State fans here. We were rooting for Sparty. I am sort of from Ohio (birth to 22 mths) and my entire paternal extended family are rabid Ohio State fans. But since they hired Urban Meyer, I'm just not on board.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Go Sparty! I'm looking forward to a good defensive battle in the Rose Bowl to hopefully make up for the travesty that was the SEC title game.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    We're number one. Yay.

Can't really be that enthused about a 13-0 record and a trip to the national championship, given that our likely Heisman-winning quarterback may be a rapist. Yeah, they dropped the charges because there wasn't enough evidence to make a case, but it's still a he said/she said crap sandwich. And the response to the announcement of the case being dropped...stop cheering, you shirtless morons who showed up in front of the building, there's nothing festive about this situation. He was not "found innocent".
    I couldn't agree with you more! Of course the "powers that be" say that the Heisman is representative of achievements on the field but it should be about all round achievements as an athlete and human being. I was very disappointed that this guy received the award. Truly, he didn't "win" it and the fans of this great sport have been shafted again.

Since I loathe both Stanford and MSU I shall be watching this game in the hopes that it is simply a good game - don't care who wins.

vCash
    We're number one. Yay.

I share those feelings about Winston. I am disappointed that he is winning all these awards. I am not from FL and don't have any ties to FSU, so I am sorry to tell you I will be rooting for Auburn in the championship game. Besides, my coworker who sits in the cubicle next to mine is an Auburn alumnus. That's as good a connection to Auburn as any, as far as this game is concerned. My apologies to FSU fans though (and I don't mean Figure Skating Universe - )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I share those feelings about Winston. I am disappointed that he is winning all these awards. I am not from FL and don't have any ties to FSU, so I am sorry to tell you I will be rooting for Auburn in the championship game. Besides, my coworker who sits in the cubicle next to mine is an Auburn alumnus. That's as good a connection to Auburn as any, as far as this game is concerned. My apologies to FSU fans though (and I don't mean Figure Skating Universe - )
    Don't be sorry. I won't be rooting one way or the other....not really a football fan. But from what I hear, Auburn is from a tougher conference and had to play better teams to get to the championship. FSU got their 13-0 season by clobbering Podunk College and the like, so they might be in for a rude awakening. (Of course, a win means the university gets paid in all sorts of ways, so I guess I've got to root for that.)

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    We're number one. Yay.

You are right. He was NEVER EVEN CHARGED. I don't know whether he did it or not but the man was never even charged for the crime yet he is guilty as hell in most people's eyes. I find it very sad that he is being assumed guilty just because he wasn't proven innocent. That is far worse than guilty until proven innocent. He is guilty forever because he wasn't charged. I guess I am guilty as well, I was never charged.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Bowl games:

One of my alma maters Kansas State plays Michigan tonight here in Tempe.

My other alma mater Texas Tech plays Monday night in San Diego against local team Arizona state.

Of course there is NFL on Sunday. It's going to be a busy three days of football. I may not watch the other bowl games, except may be the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl.

vCash
    I am so happy that both my alma maters (Kansas State and Texas Tech) won their bowl games convincingly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    You are right. He was NEVER EVEN CHARGED. I don't know whether he did it or not but the man was never even charged for the crime yet he is guilty as hell in most people's eyes. I find it very sad that he is being assumed guilty just because he wasn't proven innocent. That is far worse than guilty until proven innocent. He is guilty forever because he wasn't charged. I guess I am guilty as well, I was never charged.
    Did someone report a rape in which your DNA was found on the victim's clothing?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My DNA could probably be found on a lot of peoples clothing but that does not mean I raped anyone. It doesn't matter, the guy was never charged and it is a shame he is forever labeled a rapist. If new evidence is found then I certainly hope they pursue it but until then...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Just because he wasn't charged exonerates him, just means he wasn't charged. Sports figures are not always held to the same standards as the rest of the world

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Just because he wasn't charged exonerates him, just means he wasn't charged. Sports figures are not always held to the same standards as the rest of the world
    And the details indicate he did something wrong. At the very least, he took advantage of a girl too drunk to give informed consent. Excusing that, as much as I hate how often this phrase is thrown around, does nothing but perpetuate rape culture. Charged or not, he showed a lack of moral character.

vCash
    Rose Bowl:

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Rose Bowl:

GO GREEN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast