Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

2013-2014 NCAA College Football Thread - GO BLUE!

You haven't posted in sheer delight?! Congrats Blue!!!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Saw only the first half, but nevertheless it was a good day.

And congrats to the Tigers on a 2-0 record so far too.

vCash
    Good thing Notre Dame opted out of that series, eh? Wouldn't want them to keep losing football games... GO BLUE (Great thread title)

On the other side of my rooting interests, I think Syracuse is going to have a long year.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    LOVIN' all the turmoil at USC!

"Horror show" game report from last night

TEMPE, Ariz. — It was long regarded as the most pivotal game on USC's schedule.

A victory over Arizona State would set up the Trojans nicely heading into the tougher part of their schedule.

A defeat could leave embattled Coach Lane Kiffin's team teetering on the brink of possible collapse.

BOX SCORE: Arizona State 62, USC 41

Make no mistake: The Trojans, and Kiffin, are now teetering.

Lane Kiffin fired

Kiffin, who succeeded Pete Carroll as coach, had been under fire since the end of last season, when the Trojans fell from being ranked No. 1 to finishing with a 7-6 record. USC has lost seven of its last 11 games dating to last season.
    USC "irrelevant"

In the wee hours after a game in which it had been finally and completely transformed into something else, something small and embarrassing and even irrelevant, the USC football program has finally been slapped with some sense.

Pat Haden has fired Lane Kiffin.

vCash

2013-2014 NCAA College Football Thread - GO BLUE!

What a game between Michigan and Penn State. I know UMBS is going to need some time to recover from that but as someone without a team in it, it was sure fun to watch!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What a game between Michigan and Penn State. I know UMBS is going to need some time to recover from that but as someone without a team in it, it was sure fun to watch!
    That was an awesome game. It was hard fought and great entertainment. I can not imagine what it must have been like to be in the stadium.

vCash
    I think you need to change the thread title to read "go green!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I think you need to change the thread title to read "go green!"
    The irony is that UMBS Go Blue probably is cheering "go green" at the moment - just a different green.The Dartmouth-Harvard game is taking place this evening. So, yeah, Go Green!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    A freaking awesome catch at the end of the Nebraska game!

vCash
    Did anyone watch the Alabama-Auburn game today? It was one of the craziest game endings I have ever seen. With 1 sec left on the clock, Alabama chose to kick a 57 yard field goal. He missed and the ball was caught by an Auburn player at the back of the end zone. He ran it back all the way to score a TD. My TV screen showed pandemonium on the field, as Auburn upset Alabama. The crowd covered the entire football field, goal post to goal post. Wow!

In another game Michigan made the stupidest decision IMO after the scored the tying TD. Instead of kicking the extra point to tie the game they went for a 2-point conversion. They missed and lost the game. Why not go for the tie and try to win the game in OT? I am scratching my head over that call. However, the game of this weekend had to be the Alabama-Auburn game. Craziest ending. I didn't even know they were allowed to run back the missed FG (if it was blocked, yes, they are allowed to; no sure if it was blocked- it didn't look like it).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Did anyone watch the Alabama-Auburn game today? It was one of the craziest game endings I have ever seen. With 1 sec left on the clock, Alabama chose to kick a 57 yard field goal. He missed and the ball was caught by an Auburn player at the back of the end zone. He ran it back all the way to score a TD. My TV screen showed pandemonium on the field, as Auburn upset Alabama. The crowd covered the entire football field, goal post to goal post. Wow!

In another game Michigan made the stupidest decision IMO after the scored the tying TD. Instead of kicking the extra point to tie the game they went for a 2-point conversion. They missed and lost the game. Why not go for the tie and try to win the game in OT? I am scratching my head over that call. However, the game of this weekend had to be the Alabama-Auburn game. Craziest ending. I didn't even know they were allowed to run back the missed FG (if it was blocked, yes, they are allowed to; no sure if it was blocked- it didn't look like it).
    The FG was simply short. I doubt that what happened was what Saban expected. I love it. Looks like FSU and Ohio State for the championship....IF they can win their conference championship games.

NJL (I thought 'Bama had it when they scored on that 99 yard TD pass....it can fairly be said that Auburn / Alabama lived up to the pregame hype.......)

vCash
    The best thing about that ending of the Alabama-Auburn game was the commentator declaring repeatedly that Alabama had no athletes on the field, just a bunch of fat guys. We understood his point - at that point, Alabama had nobody on the field who could stop the runner once he got going. But we were still . And he must have repeated this statement 5 times!
    Creating drama!

vCash
    It really was a horrible decision by Saban. Saban didn't put any of his return defenders on that FG. Saban should have known there was a high chance of the kick being short and being run back. It isn't even the first time it has happened this year, earlier in the year an LSU player ran back a short FG attempt for a TD. Saban could have put 2 or 3 players capable of running down someone and instead only put up a bunch of big guys to try and keep Auburn from being able to block the ball. Bad bad decision from someone who is usually perfect in his coaching. I thought the "fatties" comment was a little rough but the idea is right, the right athletes were not on the field.

I think the decision to not put the game into OT by Michigan was wise. It just didn't work out. Their FG kicker was injured and they know that going into OT it very often comes down to a FG. I think it was a calculated decision that just didn't work out that time. I really wish it had worked because Ohio does not deserve to be in the National title game. Their schedule is far too weak. I think/hope they will lose their conference game and it will end up being a non-issue.

Unfortunately, the new system will only encourage Ohio to continue its weak schedule. They only need to try and be top 4 at the end of the season instead of top 2. At least being top 2 means they had to rely on multiple teams with better schedules to lose. Top 4 is going to be a lot easier to back their way into. However, I fully expect they will easily be beaten in the first round of the playoffs, year after year. Maybe then the voters will be a little less likely to vote them so high even if they have no losses.
    -Brian

vCash
    After what happened on Sunday, Ohio state should not have placed above Auburn, who beat the #1 team. Ohio state barely survived against a so so Michigan team. I am going to root for Michigan state to beat Ohio state next week (sorry OSU fans!). FSU is not going to lose; their opponent is too weak (although anything can happen on a given Sunday)

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Definitely rooting for the Spartans in Indy!

vCash
    As for the Auburn/Alabama game - wow!!!!!!! Best game ending I've seen since Doug Flutie threw that Hail Mary Pass to defeat Miami, all those years ago. That game is still a topic of fun in our household as will be this one.

Obviously, Michigan didn't watch the Oregon State/Oregon game the night before. Don't get greedy for those two points, boys, just go for one....

Also, regarding that Michigan/Ohio State game, I hope the ejected player who gave the finger to everyone when exiting the stadium is penalized somehow. Talk about a classless jerk.

vCash
    Texas Tech may be mediocre but Kliff Kingsbury is nice to look at

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches LaTour View Post
    Also, regarding that Michigan/Ohio State game, I hope the ejected player who gave the finger to everyone when exiting the stadium is penalized somehow. Talk about a classless jerk.
    If he was then we haven't heard about it. He is cleared to play in their conference game. No surprise there. So is the other sOSU player who was ejected. tOSU tends to wait and suspend players after the season is over, which is funny because sometimes those players are going pro or they just can't play in their first game against some local high school team next season. (although, most of their games are against high school teams, to be honest).
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Definitely rooting for the Spartans in Indy!
    This.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast