Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't usually post in cheer threads, but super happy for Nobu just now. So glad to see him back on track and fingers crossed he does as well on the GP and makes the Final. That would go a long way towards gaining more favor from the JSF.

vCash
    OMG he's all kinds of awesome in NT He is soooooo gonna give a bloodbath at Japanese Nats!

vCash
    The Japanese Nats will be very exciting! Congrats to Nobu!!!!

vCash
    Looking for Brit Eurosport version of the free skate. No luck yet, but I found it with no commentary:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hEp8W3fM2vM

vCash
    Would love to see Nobu in Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Looking for Brit Eurosport version of the free skate.
    Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfzOPCFS88

I hope Chris & Nicky didn't jinx Nobu with their commentary

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Has he said this will be his last season?
    Yes, but he plans to remain involved with figure skating as a coach. Here's an excerpt from his interview that was posted a few months ago:

“10 years from now, I’ll be coaching. Right now, I don’t really have a set plan on how to get there, but I’m so grateful for all Canada has done for me. I want to learn all I can about coaching from Canada and from other countries abroad. I don’t just want to study singles coaching but also other disciplines, like pairs. Now that there’s a team competition in the Olympics, pairs and ice dance are also important. I don’t know much about ice dance since it’s so different from singles whereas pairs shares common features with singles. I wonder which one would be better to learn.

From my experience, there’s all sorts of coaching techniques out there. I want to bring some of it back to Japan. It would be great to one day pass down what I learned to others. Of course, as a coach, I want to raise Olympic champions. I want to be a coach whose guidance can create Olympic champions from my hometown of Osaka. Again, this plan is still a work-in-progress.”

Q: What will skating be like 10 years from now?

“It will probably be more exciting than it is now! The media will definitely be busy. They’ll be running around all over the place doing interviews left and right. The up-and-comers are amazing! I can’t help but see skating in the future being as bright as ever. 10 years from now, there’s no way skating won’t be even more exciting.”
    (The interview was posted on Tumblr, unfortunately the link seems to be dead now.)
    Last edited by inskate; 09-28-2013 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    It's going to be a dog fight for the 3 mens spots for Japan. So much talent! Oda had looked like a potential world champion earlier. If he is making a comeback this late in his career, all the best to him.

vCash
    That freeskate was fantastic!! Go Nobunari! Go for Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfzOPCFS88

I hope Chris & Nicky didn't jinx Nobu with their commentary

Yes, but he plans to remain involved with figure skating as a coach. Here's an excerpt from his interview that was posted a few months ago:

(The interview was posted on Tumblr, unfortunately the link seems to be dead now.)
    Thank you!! I know!! But it's still nice to hear....
    Thanks for the interview excerpt. Nice to hear him talk!

vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the pics!

Here's the Nebelhorn medal ceremony:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n2v...e_gdata_player

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Aww! Thank you! I had been looking for something with his family. I wish I knew what they were saying!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Thank you for sharing this!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Awww Love him and his family!! Thanks for sharing this vid.

ETA:
    I translated into English, although my English is kinda mess. Hopefully it can give you the main idea.

3:34
    Mayu(his wife): I say "take it easy" or "rainy days never stay" to him. I'll do my best to support him, hoping he recovers fully, even better than the condition before he injured.

Mayu(to the baby son): Your Dad should challange a bit longer.

Nobu(to the baby son): Say "good luck"!

Nobu: Hopefully my kids see and remember my skating, although they might be still too young.

4:29
    Nobu: In the last Olympics it was the complication of my own skating career, however in this Olympic season I'm with the thoughts of all my family. I want to show good performances, since I can express our(me and my family's) thoughts only by skating.
    Last edited by rosewood; 10-03-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: to add the translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Awww Love him and his family!! Thanks for sharing this vid.

ETA:
    I translated into English, although my English is kinda mess. Hopefully it can give you the main idea.

3:34
    Mayu(his wife): I say "take it easy" or "rainy days never stay" to him. I'll do my best to support him, hoping he recovers fully, even better than the condition before he injured.

Mayu(to the baby son): Your Dad should challange a bit longer.

Nobu(to the baby son): Say "good luck"!

Nobu: Hopefully my kids see and remember my skating, although they might be still too young.

4:29
    Nobu: In the last Olympics it was the complication of my own skating career, however in this Olympic season I'm with the thoughts of all my family. I want to show good performances, since I can express our(me and my family's) thoughts only by skating.
    Your English is great. Thank you, rosewood! You're awesome!

vCash
    Nobu's Nebelhorn's EX "The Last Samurai":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEOUd1n5uDc

vCash
    Oda did great and I really hope he make the Olympic team! He should have at least a competition that he gets a medal with what he did----Olympic or world. Almost everybody else didn't win because they didn't do enough, Oda because he did too much.

So I hope Oda stop counting his jumps. If he missed anything, just stick to the plan and it would end up better than trying to make it up.

My advice: Train and do it when it counts, big competitions!

vCash
    Oda did great and I really hope he make the Olympic team! He should have at least a competition that he gets a medal with what he did----Olympic or world. Almost everybody else didn't win because they didn't do enough, Oda because he did too much.

So I hope Oda stop counting his jumps. If he missed anything, just stick to the plan and it would end up better than trying to make it up.

My advice: Train and do it when it counts, big competitions!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast