View Poll Results: Who's your favourite French male skater?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Philippe Candeloro

12 13.64%
  • Eric Millot

8 9.09%
  • Laurent Tobel

6 6.82%
  • Brian Joubert

40 45.45%
  • Frédéric Dambier

0 0%
  • Vincent Restencourt

0 0%
  • Stanick Jeannette

6 6.82%
  • Yannick Ponsero

11 12.50%
  • Alban Preaubert

1 1.14%
  • Florent Amodio

2 2.27%
  • Chafik Besseghier

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

2 2.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who's your favoritt male french skater?

Since there's a ladies thread I had to make one!

I miss so many of these guys SO much, so many voidy French men over the years, I don't know if I can choose one, but I'll think I may have to go with Stanick, his "Le Petit Prince" in 2003 is one of my favourite programs of all time.

When it comes to medals and titles, of course Brian is in a different league, but I always cared more for the others who really made me feel something special.

Candeloro- where to start? His d'Artagnan is to die for, though CoP would bury him and his technique was wild and wonky. His way of getting into character was amazing. Loved his Lucky Luke and Godfather too.

Millot- so stylish, cherised his tango. Never got the marks he deserved.

Tobel - got to see his Pink Panther live at worlds 99. He was really one of a kind!

Dambier - he was stiff and awkward, but I loved him regardless. He skated with his heart and had spread eagles to die for. His La Boheme was wonderful.

Preaubert - loooove cute guys with funny teeth and big personalities! Who cares about messy, French technique when I can luuuurve me some crazy programs?

Ponsero - so sorry he never held it together when he had the chance to take the big titles away, he really had it all. Those jumps were huuuuge, and what a text book perfect quad!

Amodio - I don't manage to dislike him. I don't. Morozov or not. Crappy programs or not. I always cheer for him. Maybe I'm the only one on the whole FSU who cheer for him??? He moves like (almost) no one else (Dai is always king, always!). His basic is to die for. I will never give up hope for him.

Stanick Jeannette - a guy who makes a program with the theme of American modernist sculptor Alexander Calder is so unique that we can only cry he didn't stay longer. But we will always have Euros 2003!

That was my men! The others were fine, just didn't catch me. I started following skating in 1994, so before that, not so acknowledged... and btw...I'm counting Contesti as Italian

vCash
    Olivier Schoenfelder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Olivier Schoenfelder.
    ^Yes, him!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Joubert still remains my most favorite French male skater. It's a pity he won just one world championship. He was good enough to win at least one more (2009, which he blew by using a wrong strategy). In his prime, and with the 6.0 system, he was an outstanding jumper and a charistmatic skater.

vCash
    I voted for Joubert as he's the closest thing to the complete package, but I really enjoy Amodio and Besseghier for their unique styles. And Candeloro of course is one of a kind. I think the French men are pretty special in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Joubert still remains my most favorite French male skater. It's a pity he won just one world championship. He was good enough to win at least one more (2009, which he blew by using a wrong strategy). In his prime, and with the 6.0 system, he was an outstanding jumper and a charistmatic skater.
    In 2009 he came in 3rd after not doing a 3 jump combo, falling on a 2a, and ending with a level 1 spin- all others were 3 so he didnt go for 1's. He had the 3/5 jump layout so certainly knew all about cop he just made lots of errors.

vCash
    Forgot to give Restencourt some cred for the most psychedelic t-shirt ever. Don't remember the year or the program, just the crazy cool shirt. OES-voids!

Chafik did great at worlds, good for him, he seems like a nice fellow. His skating needs some more time to gel on me, though he's certainly not average

vCash
    Laurent Tobel. I like different. And square pegs in round holes. And quirky. And ohmygodwhattheheckishedoing??

vCash
    Péra, Calmat and Giletti would deserve to be mentioned. Specially the last one, he was a special talent. European medalist at 14 ? I can only remember Hoffmann that tiny on the podium.

There's so many like Simond, Fernand Fedronic and Axel Mederic too.

If I have to chose, in the end, it's between Candeloro and Giletti. As the later was a way better skater skating-wise, I'll chose him. It's hard though as there's not much of his skating.

And Laurent Tobel... But he's off the race : automatic additional selection.

vCash
    Candeloro.

and Eric Millot

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Millot, who should have won the 1995 Worlds FS.

I also liked Joubert, who seems a sensitive soul underneath his poxy macho programmes.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    1) Ponsero
    2) Jeannette
    3) Joubert

vCash
    I vote for Ponsero's buttocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    I vote for Ponsero's buttocks.
    How can I forget Ponsero and his body... of work !

Some meorable programs too, In the mood for love was breathtaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPtYs6po6OM

vCash
    Had to vote for Laurent if we are looking at favourite skaters. Saw him skate at 98 worlds and he just brought the house down. For such a big lanky tall guy, he could jump (although in a weird way) but he was also incredibly entertaining. In practice he fell and crashed into the boards (vanished from the view of those on that side of the rink). Then he just jumped up from behind the boards as if to say "Surprise!' and smiled at the audience.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I voted for Joubert, but I loved Preaubert too, and liked Ponsero as well.

vCash
    This is a tough question, in general and by pure coincidence my favourite skaters are french and it's hard to pick one. On one hand my first ever favourite skater was Candeloro, I still rewatch his programs without a problem, the same with Jeannette, and then there's Brian who I've always rooted for since I first saw him but I really don't go back to watching his programs...

So it's probably 1) Candeloro, 2)Jeannette 3) Joubert for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    I also liked Joubert, who seems a sensitive soul underneath his poxy macho programmes.
    Macho, with a sensitive side. An attractive and intriguing combination for many women.

vCash
    My hottest male french skater is Yannick Ponsero. Oh wait...did you say favourite or hottest? The list could be either...or both...

vCash
    Jourbert! Definitely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast